• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who is Responsible for Cleaning the Host's Dishes?

I usually do my own dishes or bring them home with me. Most of my hosts have disposable plates and utensils. I put all of my products in a rubbermaid tote and bring them home to wash. The host takes care of her dirty dishes.
Mari W
I have read a lot of your folks wonderful cooking show advice..
A lot of consultants posted that they tell the host, "I will leave your kitchen as I found it." My question is - what about the plates used for the guests to sample the recipe? Leaving those dishes isn't quite leaving it as it was found.. What is the norm on this? Thanks so much for your advice from a newbie :)

I do my own dishes, and then neatly stack the plates, etc...and keep the sink empty and clean (nothing in the drain, etc...).

I usually do my own dishes or bring them home with me. If there aren't too many of the hosts dishes dirty I will do them as well....it just depends. Although lately my hosts have said....you cooked....i wash....of course i get right in there and help! but they are sneaky and do it when I am checking people out.....

I do mine when I get home unless my host or a guest has decided to do them behind my back.

Most of my hosts have disposable plates and utensils. The only dishes are if she made any extra food. At least so far......

I put all of my products in a rubbermaid tote and bring them home to wash. The host takes care of her dirty dishes. I do wipe down the counter/table before I leave.

I wash my own unless I use something of the hosts. Otherwise her dishes are her responsibility.

I HATE to bring dirty dishes home. I usually have time to wash them after the demo and while people are eating--I stop and calculate orders as people are ready. If the kitchen is in another room, I wait till the end to wash them. I've only brought them home twice in 6 years--once the host said she preferred that, and the other time, there was absolutely no room in the sink to use it. Sometimes I will wash a few of the hosts things, but not often. I try to make everything neat and tidy, also.

I bring mine home to wash, except for my large cutting board and the DCB or 12 in Skillet, or other stoneware, whichever I use. I do wipe down the counter, table, etc, but I don't generally was the hosts stuff. Most of my hosts have disposable plates, etc.

1. Who is responsible for cleaning the host's dishes?

The host is typically responsible for cleaning their own dishes after the party. However, if the host requests assistance, it is polite for guests to offer to help.

2. Can the consultant help with cleaning the dishes?

While consultants may offer to help with dishes as a courtesy, it is not required or expected for them to do so. Their main responsibility is to host the party and demonstrate the products.

3. Are there any guidelines for cleaning the host's dishes?

We recommend following the instructions for cleaning each specific product. For example, some items may be dishwasher safe while others may require hand washing. It is also a good idea to use warm soapy water and avoid using harsh abrasives or scouring pads.

4. Can I bring my own dishes to use during the party?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own dishes to use during the party. However, please make sure they are clean and do not interfere with the demonstration or use of Pampered Chef products.

5. Is it appropriate to leave dirty dishes at the host's house after the party?

No, it is not appropriate to leave dirty dishes at the host's house. Please make sure to clean up after yourself and take any dishes you brought with you. This is a common courtesy and shows respect for the host's home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • AshleyAllison