• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Wine Vinegar: What to Do With It?

In summary, white wine vinegar is a versatile ingredient that can be used in various ways while cooking. It can be used in salad dressings, marinades, and even in pastry dough. It can also be used for cleaning purposes, such as cleaning floors and unclogging drains. And for those looking for new recipes to try, there are many options available online that specifically call for white wine vinegar as an ingredient.
stefani2
I made a recipe the other day that called for White Wine Vinegar. So now I am stuck with a big bottle of it - and don't know what else I can use it for! Any suggestions?

stefani2 said:
I made a recipe the other day that called for White Wine Vinegar. So now I am stuck with a big bottle of it - and don't know what else I can use it for! Any suggestions?

You can use it just like regular vinegar....HTH

Its good for cleaning!

Ginger428 said:
You can use it just like regular vinegar....HTH

ok - so I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to cooking/baking. I am trying to be creative. Other than when a recipe calls for it - when can I use vinegar while cooking?

What about putting some in with my pork chops and mushroom soup tonight?

White wine vinegar is really good to use when making salad dressing. Also adding a tablespoon of vinegar when making your pastry is good. Put a little on roasted veggies.
Also steam potatoes and add oil and vinegar is really good. HTH

I use it on floors to clean ceramic and linoleum. Works good and is cheap.

pampered Ruth said:
I use it on floors to clean ceramic and linoleum. Works good and is cheap.

Great for cleaning out your drains as well. Pour baking soda down the drain then add vinegar and it works wonders!!

You can color eggs for Easter!!!

Ish said:
You can color eggs for Easter!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!1
Colored eggs for Easter.....:D

Use it to make marinades for chicken, pork, shrimp...

Use it to make salad dressings.

I wouldn't waste it for cleaning!

I just went to Allrecipes.com, and did a search for recipes by ingredient, and found 264 recipes that specifically call for white wine vinegar! Check it out!

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx?WithTerm=&SearchIn=All&Wanted1=white+wine+vinegar

WOW! Thank you!

Here is an awesome salad/dressing recipe that calls for white wine vinegar:

Makes 6 servings (small servings- I double it)
Preparation time: 10 minutes

3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
10 oz bag romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds

Combine the sugar, mayo, milk, poppy seeds and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk well. Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add the strawberries and almonds and toss lightly. Divide among individual serving plates and drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon dressing.

1. What is white wine vinegar?

White wine vinegar is a type of vinegar made from fermented white wine. It has a light, slightly acidic flavor and is commonly used in cooking and as a salad dressing.

2. How should I store white wine vinegar?

White wine vinegar should be stored in a cool, dark place, away from heat and sunlight. It can be stored in the pantry or kitchen cabinet. It is not necessary to refrigerate white wine vinegar, but doing so can help prolong its shelf life.

3. What are some uses for white wine vinegar?

White wine vinegar is a versatile ingredient and can be used in a variety of ways. It is commonly used in salad dressings, marinades, sauces, and pickling. It can also be used to add a tangy flavor to soups, stews, and braised dishes.

4. Can I substitute white wine vinegar for other types of vinegar?

Yes, white wine vinegar can often be substituted for other types of vinegar, such as apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar. However, keep in mind that each type of vinegar has a slightly different flavor profile, so the final result may vary slightly.

5. How long does white wine vinegar last?

If stored properly, unopened white wine vinegar can last indefinitely. However, once opened, it is best to use it within 6 months to ensure optimal flavor. If you notice any changes in color, odor, or taste, it is best to discard the vinegar.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies