• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Cheddar Substitute for BLT Mac and Cheese in 29 Minutes Cookbook

In summary, a good substitute for white cheddar cheese is a combination of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. Non-dairy cheese options, like vegan cheddar-style shreds or homemade cashew cheese, can also be used. Other types of cheese, such as Gruyere, Colby, or mild blue cheese, can also be used as substitutes in a recipe. For a low-fat or healthier option, reduced-fat cheddar cheese or a blend of low-fat cottage cheese and nutritional yeast can be used. In a mac and cheese recipe, white cheddar can be substituted with a combination of Gouda, Fontina, and Parmesan cheese.
JAE
Do I have to use sharp white cheddar in teh BLT Mac and Cheese in the 29 Minutes to dinner cookbook? Can I substitute regular sharp cheddar?

I don't see why not. I use yellow cheese in mac and cheese anyway. I would think it would be fine.

It will be fine, just a different color than the picture!

It was fine, but I didn't think there was enough cheese. I shredded the sharp cheddar with my UM. Worked great. I fried up the bacon in the 10" pan using the splatter guard. Nice. I only used two tomatoes because fam doesn't care for them. Needed all three.

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely substitute regular sharp cheddar for the sharp white cheddar in the BLT Mac and Cheese recipe from the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook. The recipe will still turn out delicious. Happy cooking!

What is a good substitute for white cheddar cheese?

A popular substitute for white cheddar cheese is a combination of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. This will give a similar flavor and texture to white cheddar.

Can I use a non-dairy cheese as a substitute for white cheddar?

Yes, there are several non-dairy cheese options that can be used as a substitute for white cheddar, such as vegan cheddar-style shreds or a homemade cashew cheese.

Can I use a different type of cheese as a substitute for white cheddar in a recipe?

Yes, you can use a variety of different cheeses as a substitute for white cheddar in a recipe, depending on your personal preferences. Some options include Gruyere, Colby, or even a mild blue cheese.

Is there a low-fat or healthier substitute for white cheddar cheese?

If you're looking for a low-fat or healthier substitute for white cheddar cheese, you can try using a reduced-fat cheddar cheese or a low-fat cottage cheese blended with some nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.

What can I use as a substitute for white cheddar in a mac and cheese recipe?

If you want to make a mac and cheese recipe without white cheddar, you can substitute it with a combination of different cheeses, such as Gouda, Fontina, and Parmesan, for a delicious and creamy result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • KellyTheChef