• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whipped Cream Puffs: Making Ahead or Just Before Serving?

In summary, whipped cream puffs can be made ahead of time, up to 24 hours in advance. It is best to fill them with whipped cream just before serving to ensure crispiness. They should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for up to 1 month and should be thawed at room temperature before filling and serving. To prevent them from getting soggy, store them at room temperature and if they do become slightly soggy, they can be crisped up in the oven before filling and serving.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was thinking of substituting real whipped cream for the cool whip. Will it hold up in the fridge if I make them on Thursday and serve them on Saturday? Or should I make the puffs themselves ahead of time and then fill them on Saturday?

I always make them, fill them and freeze them immediately. I have done this with both a cool-whip based filling and a heavy whipping cream based filling.

About an hour before they need to be ready to eat, I take them out of the freezer. Then I just drizzle hershey syrup on them.

These are the PERFECT make ahead dessert.

Kam is right. In the refrigerator, real whipped cream deflates! I know, we bought three cream puffs at State Fair on Thursday night. Put the remaining one in the refrigerator until Friday night. The whipped cream was basically gone!

kam said:
I always make them, fill them and freeze them immediately. I have done this with both a cool-whip based filling and a heavy whipping cream based filling.About an hour before they need to be ready to eat, I take them out of the freezer. Then I just drizzle hershey syrup on them.These are the PERFECT make ahead dessert.
Was just going to say this very thing except I don't use Hershey's syrup. I melt chocolate. But now I just might use one of our new sauces instead. Easy! ...and I always do this recipe with heavy whipping cream. It only takes a few minutes longer and tastes soooo much better.

Actually we prefer it with caramel sauce on top! Okay I'm going to make them on Thursday and freeze them until Saturday.

1. Can whipped cream puffs be made ahead of time?

Yes, whipped cream puffs can be made ahead of time. However, it is best to fill them with whipped cream just before serving to ensure that they stay crispy.

2. How far in advance can I make whipped cream puffs?

You can make whipped cream puffs up to 24 hours in advance. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to fill and serve.

3. Can I store whipped cream puffs in the refrigerator?

It is not recommended to store whipped cream puffs in the refrigerator as they may become soggy. It is best to store them at room temperature in an airtight container.

4. Can I freeze whipped cream puffs?

Yes, you can freeze whipped cream puffs for up to 1 month. Make sure to store them in an airtight container and allow them to thaw at room temperature before filling and serving.

5. How do I keep whipped cream puffs from getting soggy?

To prevent whipped cream puffs from getting soggy, make sure to store them in an airtight container at room temperature. If they do become slightly soggy, you can crisp them up by placing them in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes before filling and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RossDeb2