• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brainstorming May Hosts for Relay For Life Fundraisers

This is a great idea! Hair salons are always great places to host a fundraiser. You can offer donors special deals or coupons, or even give donors the chance to win products or services. You could also hold a contest to see who can raise the most money. Good idea! Hair salons are a great place to host a fundraiser because they are often frequented by people who are interested in helping out the cause. You can offer donors special deals or coupons, or even give donors the chance to win products or services. You could also hold a contest to see who can raise the most money.
its_me_susan
Who's got ideas brewing? How are you getting your May hosts lined up to do fundraisers for this? Let's brainstorm!

We have a Relay For Life event... I emailed the group, trying to get fundraisers set up and offering a portion of my commission too.
:)

Last edited:
I am planning on doing a HWC at my home like most everyone is doing. With the theme of giving. Of course I will be donating my commision I am asking everyone that comes to bring friends or outside orders. If booking a show in the month of May for the cause (HWC) doing a fundraiser show would earn them an extra gift plus I would donate my commision to their fundraiser as well.
Still tweaking out the details and what the booking gift would be for doing the fundraising show.
But all ideas are welcome. Plus I am also looking for an invite to email plus print to all invited guests.

I already told 1 past host, that she will get all the specials ( including the host special ) FREE as a gift from me

I love that idea of doing one in your home!
I'll be heading out on the road with my hubby in about a week, and training to drive a big truck........yup, trucking and a PC consultant. LOL
But I'll have to come home for May so I can do this. I love this idea! thanks!

Kris

i am wanting to do a fundraiser for rare cancers like the one my dad died from. his was called renal cell carcenoma...every 1 in 10,000 people get it. i have a couple of people that are willing to help me so hopefully it will do good. it will be my first fundraiser as well!! keep your fingers crossed!!

Cut for the CureI'm teaming up with my hair/nail salon, who already does Cut for the Cure and raffles to raise money for the campaign, to host a fundraiser for HWC. The owner will probably make it a product fundraiser and buy all the pink products to raffle off as part of her CftC fundraiser. Imagine all the clients that come in each day, ordering and possibly hosting their own HWC fundraiser! :D

Last edited:
monica_sweetconsultant said:
i am wanting to do a fundraiser for rare cancers like the one my dad died from. his was called renal cell carcenoma...every 1 in 10,000 people get it. i have a couple of people that are willing to help me so hopefully it will do good. it will be my first fundraiser as well!! keep your fingers crossed!!
Monica,

My mother died last summer with the same cancer. She was diagnosed in March and died in July. I am planning to make my fundraiser for the same organization! Let's get them a lot of $$$ so that soon no one else has to lose someone to the disease!

wow thats amazing Beth!! glad to know someone knows my pain. my dad was diagnosed in aug. 2003 and died march 2004. i just went through the 2 yr mark of his death and his birthday 2 days later!! :( i really want to do somethign to help. i think we need to focus on these rare diseases.

Monica and Beth ~ So sorry for your losses.

Research for any disease, cancer, or just illness in general helps so many. I am an example of that. I have Systemic Lupus Nephritis. My Lupus has been active for 34 yrs but has been in symtomatic remission for the last 11 years. February 1st I found out I am now out of remission and having a flare up. Because of ALL the various researches that have been, and are being done, the new technics and medications that have been developed through these studies, my prognosis is excellent. In 1972 my folks were told I probably wouldn't live to be 18 and to keep me comfortable! I just turned 46 on December 28th! :) Research and donations made that possible.

Some of you are probably thinking - woa , to much information! :D I'm not sharing this for personal attention or "poor you's". I just want everyone to realize how important it is to keep the funds coming in so others can benefit too.

I ALSO want to give my personal thanks to ALL who are helping to raise awareness and funds for any illness.

Lee Anne

Last edited:
Wow, it's amazing how many people have been touched by this in one way or another!

I'm doing a fund raiser at the hair salon I go to. The owner's mom died of breast cancer a couple of years ago. Any suggestions on how to make this successful & efficient at the same time? I"m thinking flyers at all the stations plus catalogs & order forms. Any great flyers out there?

Thanks!

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
[email protected]

I worked with a lady whose mom died from BC 2 years ago. I'm going to try to team up with her (my mom also died from BC when I was 13) and hold a major fundraiser. Last year I didn't have a lot of success. But I'm determined to work harder this year! I also am taking some flyers to our local hospital. I'm offering the host special for free to anyone who hosts a HWC fundraiser. It really helps if you can get people who have been affected by CA in some way. Good luck to everyone!!

HwcHi all
Has anyone gotten to gether any HWC outside order forms yet I have 4 partys already and need to get toether my packets It would be a big hlep if anyone has them done . Thanks Doreen :eek:

How are you doing your parties? Are you doing normal kitchens shows or a mega show? Just wondering!

Thanks

Cindy

Breast Yard Sale in TownA fellow consultant of mine did this the last couple of years, and I'm going to try it this year. With all of my shows in the next 2-3 months, I'm going to ask that the guests of each show bring a 'gently-used' bra with them to donate. Then after I've collected all the bras, I'll have 'The Breast Yard Sale in Town' and sell them for $2 a piece, donating ALL of the proceeds to the ACS. Most people who bought from my fellow consultant bought the bras because they knew it was for a good cause, and then turned around and donated them to the local Goodwill Store. This consultant ended up collecting over 5,000 bras, raising $10,000+ dollars! What a great idea to tie into the HWC fundraisers, and so easy for the guests to help! :D

I know there is another thread some where with order forms. This is the one I just finished adjusting, it's a few different forms put together from this site.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Attachments

• HWC.doc
    225.5 KB · Views: 579
chef_leeanne said:
Monica and Beth ~ So sorry for your losses.

Research for any disease, cancer, or just illness in general helps so many. I am an example of that. I have Systemic Lupus Nephritis. My Lupus has been active for 34 yrs but has been in symtomatic remission for the last 11 years. February 1st I found out I am now out of remission and having a flare up. Because of ALL the various researches that have been, and are being done, the new technics and medications that have been developed through these studies, my prognosis is excellent. In 1972 my folks were told I probably wouldn't live to be 18 and to keep me comfortable! I just turned 46 on December 28th! :) Research and donations made that possible.

Some of you are probably thinking - woa , to much information! :D I'm not sharing this for personal attention or "poor you's". I just want everyone to realize how important it is to keep the funds coming in so others can benefit too.

I ALSO want to give my personal thanks to ALL who are helping to raise awareness and funds for any illness.

Lee Anne

Yea Lee Anne that is fabulous news ~ you are doing so well and proving those doctors wrong! I am so glad you shared this. It helps knowing that progress has been made. You are an inspiration!
\

1. How do I find potential hosts for Relay For Life fundraisers?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have a vast network of potential hosts at your fingertips. Start by reaching out to your current customers and asking if they would be interested in hosting a fundraiser for a cause they care about. You can also reach out to friends, family, and coworkers, and ask if they know anyone who would be interested in hosting a fundraiser for Relay For Life.

2. What are some creative ideas for Relay For Life fundraisers?

There are many creative ways to raise funds for Relay For Life. Some ideas include hosting a Pampered Chef cooking party where a portion of the sales goes towards the fundraiser, organizing a charity auction or raffle, or hosting a themed event such as a movie night or game night. You can also get creative with social media challenges and virtual fundraisers.

3. How can I make the most out of hosting a Relay For Life fundraiser?

To make the most out of your fundraiser, it's important to plan and promote the event effectively. Set a fundraising goal and create a marketing plan to reach out to potential attendees. Utilize social media, email, and word of mouth to spread the word about your event. Don't forget to highlight the impact of the fundraiser and how it will benefit Relay For Life.

4. Are there any incentives for hosts who organize a Relay For Life fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers incentives for hosts who organize a fundraiser for Relay For Life. As a consultant, you can offer free products or discounts to hosts who meet certain fundraising goals. This not only motivates hosts to raise more funds but also helps to spread the word about the event and the cause.

5. What resources are available for hosts to plan and execute a successful Relay For Life fundraiser?

Pampered Chef provides various resources to support hosts in planning and executing a successful fundraiser. These include marketing materials, fundraising tips and ideas, and access to a consultant for guidance throughout the process. Additionally, the Relay For Life website offers resources and tools for hosts, such as customizable flyers and social media posts, to help make their event a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956