1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Which stone can be used to make

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

the Brownie Pudding Cake? It calls for the oval baker (I don't have the bog one). Is the deep dish baker (the round one) or the deep dish pie stone about the same? I've never made this recipe and would love some suggestions please.

The PIGs don't say how big (2 qt, 4 cups, etc) these hold.

Dec 29, 2005
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Try it

I would try the Deep dish Baker. It is about the same size as the Square Baker and I substitute sometimes when I make the Quick Apple Crisp.

Good luck

Dec 29, 2005
  3. its_me_susan

The recipe calls for an "oval baker" ~ think that's the same size?

Dec 29, 2005
  4. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

The oval baker has a 7-cup volume. The DDB has an 8-cup volume. The oval's size is 8x12 and the DDB in an 11 inch round. Seems like the DDB would be fine to use.

Lee Anne

Dec 29, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

Thanks Lee Anne! I usually make recipes I've wanted to try to parties... if I made them here, we would EAT them! Your reassurances help me keep the courage, you know? I really do appreciate your help Lee Anne, thank you.

Dec 29, 2005
  6. Stone Capacity

If you have the NEW Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, the capacities are listed on Page 7.

When someone is buying their first stone, I always cross-sell the cookbook. The first few pages are devoted to stoneware use and care. I call it the "All you wanted to know about cookware and forgot to ask" Cookbook.

Elissa

Jan 2, 2006
  7. its_me_susan

Thanks! I need to reread it then.

Jan 12, 2006
  8. Harrle

Harrle Member

Capacity in 2005 F/W catalog

You can also find capacity in the 2005 Fall/Winter catalog.

Jan 12, 2006
  9. its_me_susan

Thank you!!!!

Feb 20, 2006
  10. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

wow thanks for that info...i'll be honest...i use that cookbook often and i have never noticed the info in the front. i really need to go back and read that!! you guys have so much knowledge...i'll be glad when i can remember all this stuff...you guys are great thanks again!

Have something to add?