• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which stone can be used to make

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
the Brownie Pudding Cake? It calls for the oval baker (I don't have the bog one). Is the deep dish baker (the round one) or the deep dish pie stone about the same? I've never made this recipe and would love some suggestions please.

The PIGs don't say how big (2 qt, 4 cups, etc) these hold.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Try it

I would try the Deep dish Baker. It is about the same size as the Square Baker and I substitute sometimes when I make the Quick Apple Crisp.

Good luck

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
Chef Kearns said:
I would try the Deep dish Baker. It is about the same size as the Square Baker and I substitute sometimes when I make the Quick Apple Crisp.

Good luck

The recipe calls for an "oval baker" ~ think that's the same size?

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
The oval baker has a 7-cup volume. The DDB has an 8-cup volume. The oval's size is 8x12 and the DDB in an 11 inch round. Seems like the DDB would be fine to use.

Lee Anne

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
chef_leeanne said:
The oval baker has a 7-cup volume. The DDB has an 8-cup volume. The oval's size is 8x12 and the DDB in an 11 inch round. Seems like the DDB would be fine to use.

Lee Anne

Thanks Lee Anne! I usually make recipes I've wanted to try to parties... if I made them here, we would EAT them! Your reassurances help me keep the courage, you know? I really do appreciate your help Lee Anne, thank you.

Jul 14, 2005
Stone Capacity

If you have the NEW Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, the capacities are listed on Page 7.

When someone is buying their first stone, I always cross-sell the cookbook. The first few pages are devoted to stoneware use and care. I call it the "All you wanted to know about cookware and forgot to ask" Cookbook.

Elissa

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
chefelissa said:
If you have the NEW Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, the capacities are listed on Page 7.

When someone is buying their first stone, I always cross-sell the cookbook. The first few pages are devoted to stoneware use and care. I call it the "All you wanted to know about cookware and forgot to ask" Cookbook.

Elissa

Thanks! I need to reread it then.

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
wow thanks for that info...i'll be honest...i use that cookbook often and i have never noticed the info in the front. i really need to go back and read that!! you guys have so much knowledge...i'll be glad when i can remember all this stuff...you guys are great thanks again!