• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Serving Platter is Best for You?

In summary, when choosing a serving platter, consider the number of guests and type of food being served. A 12-inch platter is sufficient for a small gathering, while a 16-inch platter is more appropriate for larger groups or multiple dishes. The shape of the platter should also be considered, with round platters being better for appetizers and desserts, and rectangular platters for entrees. The material of the platter should be chosen based on personal preference and the occasion, with ceramic and porcelain being elegant but fragile, and melamine being more durable for everyday use. Carefully check the product label for instructions before using the platter in the microwave or oven, and clean it by hand with warm soapy water and
Jen1409
Which would you recommend for a serving platter?

Large Round Platter
Rectangular Platter
or something else?

I tend to use my Rectangular platter most.

I only have the large round platter. But I always use it with the woven selection. If you are wanting something to take to your shows I would probably suggest the rectangle platter since it has the handles.

I love my large round platter, but I don't have the rectangle, I would probably love that too, but I have the bamboo, so I use that when I want that shape... The round works great for the fluted stone cakes and skillet cakes!

Ditto to what ChefPaulaB said - the round platter works great for the cakes and the bamboo rectangle is beautiful. (I must admit I keep eyeing the rectangular tiles platter on the outlet though. I keep resisting it's siren call. ;) )​

LeslieSGI said:
Ditto to what ChefPaulaB said - the round platter works great for the cakes and the bamboo rectangle is beautiful. (I must admit I keep eyeing the rectangular tiles platter on the outlet though. I keep resisting it's siren call. ;) )​

haha! That is so funny! Me too! After reading this post I went and looked at it again and actually have it in my shopping cart! I think I'm going to get it, even though I don't need it, but I do love the tiles!

1. What size serving platter should I choose?

The size of your serving platter depends on the number of guests you will be serving and the type of food you will be serving. For a small gathering, a 12-inch platter should be sufficient. For a larger group or for serving a variety of dishes, a 16-inch platter would be more appropriate.

2. Is it better to choose a round or rectangular serving platter?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and the type of food you will be serving. Round platters are great for appetizers and desserts, while rectangular platters are better for entrees or larger dishes. Consider the shape of your food and how it will fit on the platter before making your decision.

3. What material should I choose for my serving platter?

The most common materials for serving platters are ceramic, porcelain, and melamine. Ceramic and porcelain are elegant and great for special occasions, but can be fragile. Melamine is more durable and perfect for everyday use. Consider your needs and the occasion when choosing the material for your serving platter.

4. Can I put my serving platter in the microwave or oven?

It depends on the material of your serving platter. Ceramic and porcelain platters are safe to use in the microwave and oven, but melamine platters are not. Always check the product label or packaging for care instructions before using your platter in the microwave or oven.

5. How do I clean and care for my serving platter?

To clean your serving platter, hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it with a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the surface of your platter. If your platter has any stubborn stains, you can soak it in warm water and a mild detergent before washing. Store your platter in a cool, dry place and avoid stacking other dishes on top of it to prevent any scratches or damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Phi_Phi_18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pattybrady
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • Frugalli