• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Receipt Organization: Write-In vs. Itemized - Pros and Cons | PP Tips

In summary, the form that is easiest to use is the write-in receipts. The positives are that they are quick and easy to use. The negatives are that they are small and difficult to read.
KarensChefsClub
Gold Member
What do you find easiet to use...the write in or the itemized receipts? Or does anyone use the outside order forms at shows? Please list the positives and negatives to the form you use. Trying to decide what to order on my next supply order.

PLUS...How long do you keep the receipts after you put them in PP? I'm new and have done less than 10 shows but the amount of paper is going to take over my house if I don't figure something out. Any suggestions?

I use the write in receipts, wether it be the ones from the supply order or OOF. I do not like the itemized receipts, they take too much time. I have all of my show receipts from when I started over 2 years ago, I am only on show 75 but I make sure to put each show in a white 9x12 envelope with the host name, show number and date, then I file them alphabetically in a portable file box that I keep in my storage closet. Having a permanant hanging file system is imparative for me, that is where I keep everything.

Oh, and welcome to chefsuccess!!

I prefer the write-ins...as much as I hate them...I just find too many guests put incorrect prices when filling out the write-ins and then I end up having to call people because they owe me $$. I save everything - i am a packrat...I have every receipt from every show I have ever donw - I am on show 160 now. I REALLLLY need to toss them one of these days.

Me too...I like the write-ins much better. The itemized ones are too much like a big book! I had so many people complain about the size, and how small the print was.
For catalog shows I just use the OOF's. With both types of shows I print them a PP receipt so it looks professional.
I too am a packrat. Last year I threw out my first 2 yrs worth of receipts. Maybe I'll do that about every couple of years?....

I use the write in ones.
I like it much better, but found that the "wish list" on the back seems to be a waste... no one really wants them, but I give it to them along with their copy. Since it has the guarantee info on it, I want them to have it, plus they don't mark anything... like "Oh I want this and this, but I'm only getting that"... so it does me no good.

But I was having a hard time finding things on that big one before they switched to two different kinds...so glad to have the new ones!

Write in ones! The itemized look way to busy and overwhelming!

If you use the itemized receipts, you will soon know how hard it is for your guests to find items. I have some left from my starter kit and I really don't want to use them. Also, they are very small print and difficult to read. So, I only order the write-in ones. I've only had 7 shows, so I still have all of mine, but I like to idea of putting them in an envelope with host name and date on the outside and filing. That is what I'll do soon. I'm only in my 4th month, so I'm still learning all of this, too.

Jeanie

I always use OOF and they are one's I've actually made. You only need to print out as many as you will need for the month and not have any wasted at the end of a season change over. I don't like the itemized for the reasons above.

I keep the guest receipts for a few months to have just incase something comes up shortly after an order. I then just double check really good that everything is in my PP and I back it up every time I close out and shred the forms. I think that PP is great and I do everything in it and I don't have to hold on to all my papers.

I like the itemized ones now. I did a show in October and the lady stopped ordering once she filled up all the lines. Her order was $240.00 and she did not want to start a new sheet. I like the shopping list too,so I copied it off PC website and have one for all my customers do their wish list so I can let them know the specials if it is something they want.

rayday said:
I always use OOF and they are one's I've actually made. You only need to print out as many as you will need for the month and not have any wasted at the end of a season change over.

For those of you who use the OOF at shows, do you then send a receipt in the mail? I was considering this, but I couldn't figure out the best way to handle the customer having a copy of the receipt.

Minority OpinionI like the itemized receipts. They are organized just like the catalog, which makes it very easy to locate the item on it.

They have enlarged the print size from last season, and I haven't had a customer complain yet.

The reason I don't like the write ins is because they are more prone to error (easy to transpose numbers, etc.), and when I have used them in the past, the customer's would mark what they wanted on the wish list, and not fill out the order form, making more work for me. Plus, the limitations on lines is a factor!

I tell my guests when they are filling out the drawing slip that as long as they fill out the DS completely, they just need to write their full name on the order form...saves them from writing the same information twice.

When I am doing "check out" I have the guest read the item numbers to me...makes it go faster, less room for error on my part, and it gets them to where I am so we can chat!

My business costs me enough...So why add insult to injury. I find that I have problems with any of the muti copy forms whether it is the write-in or the itemized. The problem I have is that if there is an error and I have the consultant copy, I either can't read it or it is smudged just where i need to be able to read it. So I use my own OOF. Plus I do not have any qualms contacting a guest if their total is in error either because of addition a tax calculation or a wrong price. They seem to worry about it either. The cost difference is 3 pennies a sheet compared to I think it is 9 cents each. Plus with the itemized, you can't carry them over into the next selling season so you waste some.

I use the outside order forms and when I close the show I print all the orders on the PP reciepts and either mail them or take them to the host.

Shopping "Wish" List ideaI prefer the write in receipts myself. Just make sure you go over each item with the guest at checkout. Good opportuinty to make a connection for bookings and recruit leads.

About the attached shopping list. I have guests tremove it from the order form. Then I hand them a ORANGE highlighter and ask them to highlight all PC product they currently have.

Then I hand them a YELLOW highlighter and tell them to highlight ALL the PC product the WISH they had. This really helps them to see:

1) What product they do have (some customers were complaining that they were buying items twice because they forgot they had it)

2) What product they WISH they had (host opportunity)

3) I ask them if they filled it out when I check the out (gives you an opportunity to see what they are interested in (upcoming specials)

Then I ask them to keep this WISH list handy for when they attend their next PC cooking show so they can see at a glance what they realkly want to purchase.

THEN - they can go over the YELLOW highlighted items with a ORANGE highlighter as a purchased item. The key here -ORANGE is GOOD!!

It has become a contest for some of my usual cutomers to see who can get their WISH list all ORANGE before the next show!!!

So what do you do when new product comes out??? Give them a NEW one!!! And a few highlighters of course :D

WHAT A GREAT CONTEST!!! Let the games begin....

Love the Highlight idea!!!I absolutely love the highlighter idea...and will be using it at my next show! I think I am going to ask the guests if I can keep the wish lists and enter them in PP myself (you enter a 0 qty) I've been asking customers for their wishlists and entering them and then at the next show they attend I give them a print out from PP.

I use my own OOF's I find theses very helpful. I absolutely can't stand the itemized and too many of my customers were complaining.

I send a temp recite w/ my guests and send a final w/ their orders.:D

Another Idea I heard is to right their total and what they paid w/ on an oppertunity brochere, you never know!

Attachments

• PC SALES RECEIPT - FOR SHOW ME (3).doc
    25 KB · Views: 560
Amanda, do you attatch this page to your OOF or do you print it on the back side of the temp. OOF?

Do you think it has helped with add on orders or recruiting leads?

thanks for your input in advance!

heat123 Amanda, do you attatch this page to your OOF or do you print it on the back side of the temp. OOF?

Do you think it has helped with add on orders or recruiting leads?

thanks for your input in advance!

I print these out on a seperate sheet and send these home the night of the show. I have gotten 4 people so far who have changed their mind and add $50 to their order.
No recruiting leads as of yet, you just never know though. Heather I hope it helps.:D

hmm, something to consider!

Thanks for sharing Amanda!

hmm, something to consider!

Thanks for sharing Amanda!

I had a funny thing happen at a party tonight. I have been using the OOF downloaded from the website all month. Tonight I had a customer notice a funny spelling error. She said to me "I ordered $60 but what is my Panty Subtotal?" On the order form where it tells the free gift, Pantry is misspelled. She was the first person to notice it, including me. We all got a good laugh.

I am using the Itemized ones now b/c they were free in my SS kit, but I think when I re-order I will get the write-ins. I like that if you have extras they can carry over from season to season and my customers have not complained but they have asked me several times to locate an item on the itemized ones. Some people will not ask and just not order it I am sure b/c so many do not like to ask questions. I print a PP receipt for outside ordes. I take the entire itemized sheet home with me for better reading and tell them they will get their copy back with their order - no one has had a problem with that. That makes it easier for me to read and saves me from having to print additional PP receipts and use my ink.

DOES ANYONE JUST COPY THE PP PAPER AND USE IT INSTEAD OF HAVING TO ORDER THEM FROM HOME OFFICE? I CAN MAKE FREE COPIES AT WORK.

1. What is the difference between write-in and itemized receipt organization?

Write-in receipt organization involves manually recording all purchases and expenses in a notebook or spreadsheet. Itemized receipt organization involves keeping physical or digital copies of receipts and categorizing them by type of expense.

2. What are the pros of using write-in receipt organization?

Write-in receipt organization allows for more flexibility and customization in tracking expenses. It also does not require additional tools or software.

3. What are the cons of using write-in receipt organization?

Write-in receipt organization can be time-consuming and prone to human error. It also may not provide as detailed of a record of expenses.

4. What are the pros of using itemized receipt organization?

Itemized receipt organization provides a more comprehensive and accurate record of expenses. It also allows for easy tracking and categorization of expenses.

5. What are the cons of using itemized receipt organization?

Itemized receipt organization may require additional tools or software, which can be an added expense. It also requires more effort in organizing and keeping track of physical or digital receipts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingmommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Evelynt
  • Symara
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DMB75
  • AZPampered Chef