• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Quick Stir Pitcher Size is Best?

In summary, Sandi recommends the 1/2 gallon Quick Stir pitcher over the family size. She also agrees with Melissa that the 30-day return policy does not apply to consultants.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A moment of silence, please, to mourn the passing of my Quick Stir pitcher. I loaned it to my $1,300 host, and when I got it back I accidentally dropped the bag ... and it's cracked on the bottom. I fear it won't hold water.

It was received in a Surprise Box in Conference 2008 and was so old school it had tiles on it! I do need a new one anyway.

Do you recommend a 2 quart or family size? Roomie correctly points out that we have numerous 2 qt. ones and no gallon size, but the only time the family size one ever got used is for large parties. When I tried to use it at home I either fill it half way or end up throwing the rest of it out.

Which are you likely to use at a show?

I personally hate the family size. The oval shape puts way to much stress on your wrist and it feels 10x heavier than my other gallon sized ones I have that are more round than oval. Many people that come over often spill it too b/c they are not ready for that weight difference. Just my .02 but I wish i never bought the FS QSP.

I have to agree with Melissa, but I do own the FS, and use it depending on what I'm making, etc. But when it's full with a gallon or so, it IS heavy. For a show, the 1/2 gallon would work better. Does the 30-day return apply to consultants too? ;) If you don't like it, return it and exchange for something else.

I have both pitchers and love them both. I always have the family size in the kitchen (yes it is heavy but I don't have to make ice tea or whatever twice a day :D) and the small one on my night stand with water. I always recommend the big size because you can always make small amounts of any drink in it but you cannot make a larger amount on the small one:)

I am with Fanny. Because you have the two sets of markings for a gallon and half a gallon, it makes it more versatile. And the bigger one is best for shows because half a gallon of anything will not go very far. But what I too have to do is grab it out of wherever in the refrigerator and I always make sure I grab it with both hands before lifting it up. I pour it with two hands as well. The reason for the oval shape is so that it can be stored in the refrigerator in the door where you would put a gallon of milk, and not on a shelf.

I hardly ever use the Family size one b/c there just never is enough room for it in the fridge. I only use the bigger one to show if someone requests to see it at a show.

Sandi

I'm with Melissa. I HATED my family size and when I started selling, my neighbor's aunt broke her plunger for her FS. This was a few years before they decided to sell it as a replacement part. I GAVE mine to her. It cleaned out my house. I have three QSPs that I use a lot (not to mention a couple others that are pretty, but never get used because they aren't PC QSPs).

I wish someone would take a serious look at the FS pitcher and give it a decent restyle. All they did when they created that one was basically saw the QSP in half and stretch it out. It is NOT user friendly at all.

I love both my qsp. I love the family size one because I have 4 kids who have a million friends over and I can load them up on kool-aid and send them home. I have sold a ton of them.

Even though it's just the 2 of us, we keep the FS in our fridge filled with iced tea so we don't have to make tea more than once a day, sometimes every other day.

It is heavy and I'm continually having to wipe up drips that DH leaves in his wake, but the smaller pitcher just isn't viable for us. We go thru a LOT of tea in our house. It does help to use 2 hands to pour out when it's full, but it's a personal choice.

Well, I figure with a small household and neither of us drinking the same thing (I hate tea) the 2 qt. is more practical. But I was just in the basement today and noticed TWO old school Rubbermaid pitchers. I forgot they were there. They will either be given away or sold in the next yard sale.

I think that if I only fill it half way most of the time, why have it?

Plus I had a spillage incident last time I used it for a gallon of kool aid. Dummy me, I put the plunger on backwards.

Last edited:

What are the different types of Quick Stir available?

The Quick Stir is available in five different types: Silicone, Nylon, Metal, Bamboo, and Wood. Each type has its own unique features and benefits.

Which Quick Stir is best for non-stick cookware?

The Silicone Quick Stir is the best option for non-stick cookware as it is gentle on the surface and will not scratch or damage it.

Can I use the Quick Stir for both hot and cold dishes?

Yes, the Quick Stir can be used for both hot and cold dishes. It is heat-resistant and safe to use in temperatures up to 400°F.

Which Quick Stir is best for stirring thick sauces or batters?

The Nylon Quick Stir is the best option for stirring thick sauces or batters. The strong and durable material can withstand heavy stirring and mixing.

Are the Quick Stirs dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our Quick Stirs are dishwasher safe for convenient and easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand-washing to prolong the lifespan of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RCKmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies