• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Peeler to Use for a Kiwi?

In summary, the best peeler to use for a kiwi is a serrated peeler. A regular vegetable peeler can also be used, but may not be as effective. A serrated peeler can be identified by its jagged edge, and to use it, the kiwi should be held firmly while peeling from top to bottom, rotating as needed. While a paring knife can also be used, it may not be the most efficient or safe option.
andrealynne719
I'm doing a fruit tray for a NON-PC pool party tomorrow (using my cool and serve, MFP for fruit dip, egg slicer plus for slicing kiwis and strawberries, core and more, etc...I love all my toys!) but realized I've never peeled a kiwi before - which peeler would you guys use? Just the normal veggie peeler? Or serrated? I don't really know the difference between all of them. Someone said to just slip a spoon between the skin and the fruit, but my silverware spoons are pretty thick and I feel like I'd lose a lot of the fruit that way...any ideas?

Thanks!!

If you want to peel it I would use the serrated peeler. But personally I cut both ends off and slip a spoon or the avocado peeler just under the skin and the fruit slips right out.

Avocado peeler! Didn't even think of that! Thanks Beth!!!

When we were little, my dad would just slice the kiwi in half, and we'd eat it straight out of the skin with a spoon. Of course, that doesn't work of putting together a tray to serve slices or pieces...

The serrated is awesome for peeling. I also use the egg slicer after I peel it.

Love the idea of the avocado peeler and will have to try...thanks for the tip Beth!

I don't have the serrated peeler but have used the regular veggie peeler before in a pinch. I LOVE our peelers!

1. What is the best peeler to use for a kiwi?

The best peeler to use for a kiwi is a serrated peeler. The sharp, saw-like blade easily cuts through the tough skin of the kiwi without damaging the delicate fruit inside.

2. Can I use a regular vegetable peeler for a kiwi?

While a regular vegetable peeler can be used for a kiwi, it may not be as effective as a serrated peeler. The smooth blade of a regular peeler may struggle to grip the slippery skin of a kiwi, making it difficult to peel without slipping.

3. How do I know if a peeler is serrated?

A serrated peeler will have a small, jagged edge on the blade that looks like tiny teeth. This is what allows the peeler to easily grip and cut through the skin of a kiwi.

4. Can I use a paring knife instead of a peeler for a kiwi?

While a paring knife can be used to peel a kiwi, it may not be the best tool for the job. A serrated peeler is specifically designed for peeling fruits with tough, slippery skin like a kiwi, making it a more efficient and safe option.

5. Are there any special techniques for peeling a kiwi with a serrated peeler?

To peel a kiwi with a serrated peeler, hold the kiwi firmly in one hand and use the peeler to gently scrape off the skin in a downward motion. Be sure to start at the top of the kiwi and work your way down, rotating the kiwi as you go to ensure all sides are evenly peeled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies