• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Stoneware for Brownies: My Daughter's Top Pick

It takes about 11 minutes in the microwave, in the square baker.I say the square metal pan for brownies, they come out perfect every time. I used the square stone for them for years but always had chocolate goo and never was able to get them to be pick up and eat worthy, always had to eat them with a fork! If you like chocolate goo which my daughter loves then it's all good. But I tell everyone to get that square metal pan, it's awesome!!
RMDave
Gold Member
One of my daughters asked me which of our stoneware I'd recommend for making brownies. (She said that Pyrex just "isn't cutting it" any longer)

Medium Bar Pan fits a reg box of brownies. But Rec. baker for thicker ones.

I'd say the square baker.

I like thin brownie and use the Large Bar Pan with a Family Size box of brownie mix. :)

Thanks all!

I use the square baker and get rave reviews about my brownies! I tell everyone that it is just a box mix, but the "secret" is the pan!

I'd say the square baker too ... :)

Square baker unless I am doing brownies for a trifle then the large bar pan. Either pan use the 9x13 size mix.

Square pan it is - thanks all!

RMDave said:
Square pan it is - thanks all!

We said the Square Baker -- that's stoneware. Square Pan is metal.

Yikes - its the Square Baker - Baker Baker Baker Baker Baker

LOL, I like more pieces rather than thicker so I use the rect baker :)

I use the Med Bar Pan most of the time.

I use the Large Bar Pan and use 2 brownie mixes. They are just plenty thick and not too thin. I also add brown sugar and chocolate chips to the batter. It is kind of like the carmel chocolate brownie recipe that was in one of the Season's Bests and they are wonderful.

I use the rectangular baker. I like the 9x13 size. To me, they are the perfect thickness. :) I like to just use the standard 9x13 mix. I don't own the square baker, so I don't know how they compare. But I make casseroles, baked ziti, lasagna, etc. so I already own the rectangular baker. I own the square metal pan, so I haven't been able to find a reason to buy the square baker just yet. ;)

Dang, you all have me wanting to make brownies, now!! And, since I don't have the Square Baker, I'll have to try Ashley's recipe in the Large Bar Pan.Hey, why is that called a pan, but the other stones are bakers? Hmm, quite the quandary.

I have never actually made bar pan! I always make them in the square baker. But all this talk makes me want to try them in another pan. (Strictly for scientific purposes, of course!)

I sell a ton of the medium bar pans as "my brownie pan". I find that to be the perfect size. I have the rec baker and never once gave it thought to use for brownies. I will next time just to see which I like better. Come to think about it, I have never once used my rect baker...poor thing. It must feel neglected. ;)

Melissa78 said:
I sell a ton of the medium bar pans as "my brownie pan". I find that to be the perfect size. I have the rec baker and never once gave it thought to use for brownies. I will next time just to see which I like better. Come to think about it, I have never once used my rect baker...poor thing. It must feel neglected. ;)

I think it needs a hug! :D

kcjodih said:
LOL, I like more pieces rather than thicker so I use the rect baker :)

I am with you. I use the Rect baker as well.

I made a good batch in my large bar pan, believe it or not. I didn't think it would work, but it surely did. They were thin but came out awesome!

Or the DCB in the microwave.

I made brownies in my square baker in our RV oven last week and they came out perfect. If we ever try to bake anything in that oven in a metal pan the bottoms come out black so we only bake with our stoneware in there.

KayPT said:
Or the DCB in the microwave.

have you actually made brownies this way? another consultant and I were just wondering about this

thanks in advance
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
have you actually made brownies this way? another consultant and I were just wondering about this

thanks in advance
Marghi

It takes about 11 minutes in the microwave, in the square baker.

I say the square metal pan for brownies, they come out perfect every time. I used the square stone for them for years but always had chocolate goo and never was able to get them to be pick up and eat worthy, always had to eat them with a fork! If you like chocolate goo which my daughter loves then it's all good. But I tell everyone to get that square metal pan, it's awesome!!

1. What is the best pan for making brownies?

The best pan for making brownies is a non-stick metal baking pan. The non-stick surface ensures that the brownies will easily release from the pan without sticking, while the metal material helps to evenly distribute heat for perfectly baked brownies.

2. Can I use a glass pan for making brownies?

While it is possible to use a glass pan for making brownies, it is not recommended. Glass pans do not conduct heat as well as metal pans, which can result in uneven baking and potentially burnt edges. Additionally, glass pans tend to retain heat longer, which can cause the brownies to continue baking and potentially becoming overcooked.

3. Is a dark or light-colored pan better for making brownies?

A dark-colored pan is typically better for making brownies. Dark pans absorb more heat, resulting in a crispier exterior and gooier center. However, if you prefer a more cake-like brownie, a light-colored pan may be a better option.

4. Can I use a silicone pan for making brownies?

Yes, silicone pans can be used for making brownies. Just make sure to properly grease the pan before adding the brownie batter to prevent sticking. Keep in mind that silicone pans tend to be more flexible, so it may be more difficult to remove the brownies from the pan without breaking them.

5. What size pan should I use for making brownies?

The size of pan you use for making brownies will depend on the recipe you are using. Most brownie recipes call for a 9x9 inch or 9x13 inch pan. However, you can also use a larger pan if you prefer thinner brownies, or a smaller pan if you prefer thicker brownies. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
byrd1956