• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Pan for Brownies?

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
One of my daughters asked me which of our stoneware I'd recommend for making brownies. (She said that Pyrex just "isn't cutting it" any longer)

Maragib

Mar 23, 2009
Medium Bar Pan fits a reg box of brownies. But Rec. baker for thicker ones.

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
I'd say the square baker.

pcchefjane

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2008
I like thin brownie and use the Large Bar Pan with a Family Size box of brownie mix. :)

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Thanks all!

Jennifer E

Feb 3, 2010
I use the square baker and get rave reviews about my brownies! I tell everyone that it is just a box mix, but the "secret" is the pan!

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
I'd say the square baker too ... :)

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Square baker unless I am doing brownies for a trifle then the large bar pan. Either pan use the 9x13 size mix.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Square pan it is - thanks all!

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Yikes - its the Square Baker - Baker Baker Baker Baker Baker

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
LOL, I like more pieces rather than thicker so I use the rect baker :)

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I use the Med Bar Pan most of the time.

smithcooking

May 8, 2007
I use the Large Bar Pan and use 2 brownie mixes. They are just plenty thick and not too thin. I also add brown sugar and chocolate chips to the batter. It is kind of like the carmel chocolate brownie recipe that was in one of the Season's Bests and they are wonderful.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I use the rectangular baker. I like the 9x13 size. To me, they are the perfect thickness. :) I like to just use the standard 9x13 mix. I don't own the square baker, so I don't know how they compare. But I make casseroles, baked ziti, lasagna, etc. so I already own the rectangular baker. I own the square metal pan, so I haven't been able to find a reason to buy the square baker just yet. ;)

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Dang, you all have me wanting to make brownies, now!! And, since I don't have the Square Baker, I'll have to try Ashley's recipe in the Large Bar Pan.

Hey, why is that called a pan, but the other stones are bakers? Hmm, quite the quandary.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I have never actually made bar pan! I always make them in the square baker. But all this talk makes me want to try them in another pan. (Strictly for scientific purposes, of course!)

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
I sell a ton of the medium bar pans as "my brownie pan". I find that to be the perfect size. I have the rec baker and never once gave it thought to use for brownies. I will next time just to see which I like better. Come to think about it, I have never once used my rect baker...poor thing. It must feel neglected. ;)

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I sell a ton of the medium bar pans as "my brownie pan". I find that to be the perfect size. I have the rec baker and never once gave it thought to use for brownies. I will next time just to see which I like better. Come to think about it, I have never once used my rect baker...poor thing. It must feel neglected. ;)

I think it needs a hug! :D

msmileyface

Feb 18, 2010
I made a good batch in my large bar pan, believe it or not. I didn't think it would work, but it surely did. They were thin but came out awesome!

KayPT

Feb 9, 2010
Or the DCB in the microwave.

jetcitysandy

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
I made brownies in my square baker in our RV oven last week and they came out perfect. If we ever try to bake anything in that oven in a metal pan the bottoms come out black so we only bake with our stoneware in there.

BlueMoon

Advanced Member
Apr 30, 2010
Or the DCB in the microwave.

have you actually made brownies this way? another consultant and I were just wondering about this

thanks in advance
Marghi

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
have you actually made brownies this way? another consultant and I were just wondering about this

thanks in advance
Marghi

It takes about 11 minutes in the microwave, in the square baker.

Careyann

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2010
I say the square metal pan for brownies, they come out perfect every time. I used the square stone for them for years but always had chocolate goo and never was able to get them to be pick up and eat worthy, always had to eat them with a fork! If you like chocolate goo which my daughter loves then it's all good. But I tell everyone to get that square metal pan, it's awesome!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
Replies
Views
Casandra Crane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views