1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Which new products to take?

1. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

I struggle with this every catalog change. What selection are you taking to shows? How much bamboo? I have my first show tomorrow, and am trying to figure out how not to take the kitchen sink ;)

Mar 12, 2009
  2. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I would probably just take one bamboo piece. I already take the med bamboo bowl for everyone to put their door prize slips (will soon switch to the collapsible bowl for this purpose). But I am going bring one other Bamboo piece.

I would bring one that YOU love since it will show how much you love it.

I LOVE the Cracker tray and little bowls, so I am sure when I show it, my enthusiasm will come across.

I am going to be bringing the garlic items as I will have a station set up for everyone to try this (regardless of recipe). Garlic is cheap enough that I can bring some with me to every show to show the peeler and slicer.

I will probably bring the Pineapple wedger too as it shouldn't add that much to what I already bring.

Mar 12, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I'm probably not the one to answer you on this, because I plan to take almost all of it. I will take one of the new bamboo trays and one bamboo bowl. I will take the bamboo cracker tray and snack bowls, I just think that they're adorable and everyone will want them (I could be wrong). And most of the new tools, pineapple wedger, corn cob thingy and all that... probably just the White Round baker thing (can't think of the names of anything) and maybe the square ss pan, both collapsible bowls and the chips and dip thingy and the collapsible colander... yep pretty much everything!:blushing: Of course, it is for my mom's show, so have to make it extra spectacular! And she has most of the stuff that I need for my recipe so I can take less of that stuff and just use her stuff... anyway, probably no help to you what-so-ever! Sorry!

Mar 12, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

Oooh I love that idea! Need to do that too! I have to go through everything, I've already forgotten all of the new stuff! And the bamboo towels!! Can't forget those!

Mar 12, 2009
  5. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

See, that's me! And my Director keeps telling me I take too much!! But that's how I shop!! I want to touch it !!!!

Mar 12, 2009
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I ask my hosts if there's anything specific they want to see, or that their friends have mentioned they want to see. If they don't mention something, then I take what I need for the recipe and a couple other pieces. Tonight, I'm taking the cracker tray and 2 of the snack bowls, as an April host teaser, and to serve the 2 new sauces (1 in each bowl, with Wheat Thins on the tray). I also tossed some of the smaller/light weight items into a bag so that I can do "New product show and tell" while the recipe is in the microwave.

The only time I take all of the new products is to a vendor event. And then the new things make up the bulk of my display.

Mar 12, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Pineapple Wedger
    something bamboo (this weekend it will be cracker tray and two bowls--I like Ann's idea with the sauces)
    Garlic Peeler and Slicer

Mar 12, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

I know that I take too much, I keep trying to take less but I end up still taking a lot... but I have a pretty high show average so I think I'll just keep doing what works! I always liked being able to see and touch things when I used to go to shows so I think that a lot of people still do. And like I said, it is my mom's show so I'm bringing the whole kitchen sink!!!

Mar 12, 2009
  9. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

I know I take it all too , and I thought it was just me. I know we should just take whats in the kit but they really want to see the new products. And whats the point of earning it free if we are not going to show it off. The new products are not heavy to carry and fit in 1 bag .

Mar 12, 2009
Have something to add?