• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing a Hotel for Your Conference: Tips and Recommendations

In summary, it seems that many attendees of the conference are staying at the Sheraton, Embassy Suites, or Hilton hotels. The Sheraton is a nice hotel with easy access to shuttle buses and a nearby restaurant with decent prices, but can be smoky while waiting for a seat. The Embassy Suites is usually the preferred choice, but this year the rates are not as good, so some attendees are looking for other options. The Hilton, where the Executive Banquet is held, is a popular choice due to its convenient location and comfortable rooms. Some attendees are also staying at other hotels such as the W Hotel, Best Western, and Palmer House. Some are sharing rooms to save money, and there is a sense of excitement and anticipation for the
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Which hotel are you guys planning on staying at? The previous 2 years I stayed at the Sheraton. It is nice. The shuttle buses are right there on the side of the building. There are fireworks every Wed and Sun night off the pier. You only have to walk about 2 blocks to see them. There is a restaurant on the corner, by the Embassy Suites hotel that is pretty good and decently priced (although it is very smoky while you are waiting for a seat which can take awhile).

Conference is going to be so great!!

We've always stayed at the Embassy Suites, but I hear this year the rates aren't very good. I think we'll be looking elsewhere this time.

Staying at the Hilton, where our Executive Banquet is held. Makes things much easier.

DebbieJ said:
Staying at the Hilton, where our Executive Banquet is held. Makes things much easier.

and the rooms are very nice.

I'm in conf 2 but just had to pipe in and say that the rooms at the Hilton are the best, down comforters and down pillows...super comfy!

:D
Chef Kearns said:
Which hotel are you guys planning on staying at? The previous 2 years I stayed at the Sheraton. It is nice. The shuttle buses are right there on the side of the building. There are fireworks every Wed and Sun night off the pier. You only have to walk about 2 blocks to see them. There is a restaurant on the corner, by the Embassy Suites hotel that is pretty good and decently priced (although it is very smoky while you are waiting for a seat which can take awhile).

Conference is going to be so great!!

I stayed there last year, it was so nice to have the shuttle right there:) My group is going on Sun, and it wasn't available that day--so we're staying at the Palmer Hilton. Can't be too shabby if it's a Hilton right:D

Sheraton TowersAnyone staying at the Sheraton? I'll be there for WAVE 3 from the 15th to the 19th.

I going to the W Hotel

My husband is the exec. chef here in SD and I get a very sweet family deal. Only bummer is I get one room only because it is completely booked. However I AM NOT COMPLAINING:)

I can't wait to get to conference!

Which HotelMy boyfriend and I are staying at a Best Western. It includes free parking (which is tough to find in the city, and we're driving there so that' s a big help) and an indoor swimming pool. We booked through AAA so the price was pretty decent too!

I am staying at the Hilton. My AD, one of my recruits, one of my AD's recruits & I are sharing a room. We opted to pay a little more and have 2 bathrooms. I just know it will be WELL worth it!!!LOL!!

Have a Pampered Day!!

I'm at the Hilton and we have two bathrooms as well, it will be so nice when we are getting ready.

Nikki

We are staying at the Hilton also! I cant wait. It looks like there are alot of us staying there.:p

I'm staying at the Palmer House. Hopefully, it will be nice.

DebbieJ said:
I am at the Hilton, too. In the Ryan/Freidag/Carr downline, how about you?

nikkijo said:
I'm at the Hilton and we have two bathrooms as well, it will be so nice when we are getting ready.

Nikki

Just had to reply....Nikki, at the Hilton ....where's Paris staying?:D

1. What is the best hotel for a family vacation?

The best hotel for a family vacation depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some factors to consider are location, amenities, room size, and price. You may want to look into family-friendly resorts or hotels with activities for children. It's also important to read reviews from other families to get an idea of their experiences.

2. Are there any pet-friendly hotels?

Yes, there are many pet-friendly hotels available. However, it's important to check with the specific hotel beforehand to ensure they allow pets and to inquire about any additional fees or restrictions. Some hotels may have weight limits or only allow certain types of pets. It's also a good idea to research nearby parks or walking trails for your furry friend to enjoy during the stay.

3. Can I get a discount for booking a hotel with my flight?

Many hotels offer discounts and packages when booked with a flight. It's worth checking with the hotel directly or using a travel booking site to compare prices and potential discounts. Additionally, some credit card companies offer travel rewards or points that can be redeemed for discounted hotel stays.

4. Is breakfast included in the hotel stay?

Some hotels include breakfast in the cost of the room, while others may offer it as an additional fee. It's important to read the details of your booking or contact the hotel directly to confirm if breakfast is included. If not, you may want to research nearby restaurants or cafes for breakfast options.

5. Can I cancel or change my hotel reservation?

The cancellation and change policies vary depending on the hotel and booking method. It's important to read the terms and conditions of your reservation or contact the hotel directly to inquire about their policies. If you're concerned about potential changes in your plans, you may want to consider booking with a flexible cancellation policy or purchasing travel insurance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
melissab771
  • Amy In Ohio
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Amy In Ohio
Replies
Views
Melissa78