• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Contact Management & E-mail Programs: Which One Is Best for You?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the different programs used for contact management and sending emails. The individuals discussed their preferences and experiences with programs like Outlook Express, Outlook, ACT, and Yahoo. They also mentioned using a travel drive for backing up data and organizing contacts into different groups for better organization. One person asked for advice on how to import contacts into a specific group in Outlook Express.
Harrle
What programs do you use for contact management & sending e-mails? Why do you prefer the program you use?

For example I used to use Outlook express and then had to replace my hard drive so ever since then I have been utilizing e-mail on-line through my internet provider. It is a pain setting up groups and sending e-mail through them so I am trying to decide if I should go back to Outlook Express or switch to Outlook (which I used a long time ago for e-mail and still use for personal contacts and calendar) which since I do have personal contacts in may be my best bet. Otherwise I am considering ACT, but have read about yahoo too. So I am looking for some advice.

Thanks,
Leea :cool:

I'm into OVERKILL...Hi Leea,
I have been using Yahoo for 6 months. I find that when I send out my newsletter, most get bounced as SPAM and probably never read... :mad:

I have since moved all my contacts to Outlook Express & formed groups according to host last name. This way, I can send smaller group emails & have been having better success.

Organizationally, I have all my people in PP & ACT6.0. I have been using basic ACT for tons of years... I love it for organization, quick labels, emails, wordprocessing & more! It takes a bit more time for me on busy times, but I usually enter & organize my data on my down times, or late (sleepless) nights. :rolleyes:

I have found (not being the best to remember things) that this works for me. I know all my hosts, contacts, recuits, potentials etc. All history is right there!

Let me know what you decide. I'd be curious to read the other replys. :confused:
If you need ACT advice ~ pls ask. I'm still learning more advanced tools, but have a solid base.
By the way... I always back up on a "travel drive" 512MB. It plugs into your USB port, you drag/drop & you don't have to worry about loosing everything..

Ive got a question for Outlook Express users...
I export my email info to the CSV file from PP, then import it from the PP file down to Outlook Express... but all of the names/emails go straight to the regular contact list.
Is there a way to have all of those names/emails go directly to a certain group (Pampered Chef contacts), so that my regular address book isn't all jumbled up with PC names, too?
Or are you guys doing all of this data entry manually? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the difference between contact management and e-mail programs?

Contact management refers to software that helps organize and manage contact information for individuals or businesses. E-mail programs, on the other hand, are specifically designed for sending and receiving emails. While both may have some overlapping features, contact management focuses on maintaining a database of contacts and their information, while e-mail programs prioritize communication through emails.

2. Can I use a contact management system and an e-mail program together?

Yes, many contact management systems have integration with popular e-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook or Gmail. This allows for seamless communication and organization of contacts. However, it is important to research and make sure that the specific contact management system and e-mail program you are using are compatible.

3. How do I choose the best contact management and e-mail program for my needs?

Choosing the best contact management and e-mail program depends on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors such as the size of your contact list, the features you require, and your budget. It may be helpful to research and compare different options to find the one that best fits your needs.

4. Is it necessary to invest in a contact management or e-mail program?

No, it is not necessary to invest in a contact management or e-mail program. However, these tools can greatly improve organization and efficiency when managing contacts and communicating through emails. They can also offer additional features such as email templates and tracking capabilities that can be beneficial for businesses or individuals with a large contact list.

5. Can I access my contact management and e-mail program from multiple devices?

Many contact management and e-mail programs offer multi-device accessibility through cloud storage or synchronization. This allows you to access your contacts and emails from any device with an internet connection, making it easier to stay organized and connected on the go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • jbondr
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jla8279
  • cookingwithlove