• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Seasonings Pair Best with Homemade Potato Chips?

In summary, the appetizer show tonight is Chile Lime Meatballs with potato chips. The classic Dill Dip and Chile Lime Dip are favorites with potato chips. The Chile Lime Meatballs are also great with the mayo/sour cream mix and the Parmesan garlic seasoning.
Jennie50
I have an appetizer show tonight, and am going to demo Chile Lime Meatballs. I am also making potato chips with the Microwave Chip Maker (at home before the party) and wanted to make an easy dip to bring along. I am going to do the sour cream/mayo mix, but which seasoning would you use with the chips? I've heard Southwestern is popular, but what is your favorite with potato chips? Which would go with the flavors from the meatballs?

For our family, the classic Dill Dip is always a hit! Also, we love Chile Lime Dip and Greek Dip is awesome!

Don't have the Dill or Greek (both are on supply order), but I wondered if the Chile Lime would be good with the mayo/sour cream mix and the potato chips. I thought it might also compliment the meatballs.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the chili lime rub in sour cream as a dip. I've never tried it with mayo.

I make it with 1/2 mayo, 1/2 sour cream--we like the consistency and it's not too rich.

I just used the Southwest as a dip for a recent show. It is very good and you can't go wrong with it. I personally like the crushed peppercorn and garlic but let me warn you that it has a saltier taste than others.

My husband liked the Smokey BBQ, but then he likes that on everything!

carmom420 said:
My husband liked the Smokey BBQ, but then he likes that on everything!

And if THIS is good, then I think the Smoky Applewood Rub would be delish too! Mmmm!
:D

I'd do dill, but my go to homemade dip is dill, garlic powder and pepper :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm going to try all of those dips in the future! I ended up doing Southwestern, and everyone seemed to like it. They LOVED the potato chips...four of the 12 guests bought a chip maker and a couple got the simple slicer as well. ☺

I did the chips and didn't make any dip at all. Instead, I just sprinkled the grill rub or spice right onto the raw potato!!
Guests LOVED them, and were raving over the fact that we'd made delicious, totally fat-free potato chips that tasted so good!!The spices we used were: Smoky BBQ, the Smoky Applewood Rub, some with just salt, and the Parmesan garlic seasoning, too....YUM!!
Most of the guests bought the chip maker, the simple slicer, and even the grill rub of their choice, too!
I'm sure the dips are great, but sprinkling it right on the chips made it really easy! (I used one spice for each "tray" of chips I was making.)
Definitely a great show demo!!

1. What types of dips pair well with potato chips?

Some popular dip options to serve with potato chips include ranch, French onion, spinach and artichoke, salsa, and guacamole. You can also get creative and try out different homemade dip recipes, such as buffalo chicken dip, hummus, or cheesy bacon dip.

2. Are there any healthy dip options for potato chips?

Yes, there are several healthy dip options that pair well with potato chips. Some ideas include a homemade avocado dip, a yogurt-based ranch dip, or a black bean and corn salsa. You can also try making your own veggie-based dips, such as a carrot and ginger dip or a roasted red pepper dip.

3. Can I use sour cream as a dip for potato chips?

Yes, sour cream is a popular dip option for potato chips. You can mix in various herbs and spices to add flavor, or even mix in some salsa or hot sauce for a kick. Sour cream is also a great base for homemade chip dips, such as a French onion or ranch dip.

4. What other types of chips can I serve with dip?

While potato chips are a classic choice, there are many other types of chips that can be served with dip. Some options include tortilla chips, pita chips, pretzels, and even vegetable chips. You can also get creative and make your own homemade chips using sweet potatoes, kale, or zucchini.

5. Can I make a dip that is safe for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are many dip options that can accommodate dietary restrictions. For those who are gluten-free, you can use corn tortilla chips or make your own gluten-free crackers to serve with dip. For those who are dairy-free, you can use alternatives such as coconut milk or almond milk to make a creamy dip. And for those who are vegan, you can make a dip using ingredients like cashews, nutritional yeast, and plant-based milk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefkristin
Replies
Views
Funkifolkart
Replies
Views
Jennie50