• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Cell Phone Company to Go With?

In summary, Boy Rae recommends asking friends for recommendations on cell phone companies, and then checking with those companies to see if they have coverage in the city he plans to move to. He also recommends considering cell phone providers that are not Verizon, as they often have better coverage in less populated areas.
lockhartkitchen
For those of you who have cell phones, which company would you recommend? I have all my PC marked with a land-line phone. We may be moving to another city, which I could only keep my number if I have a cell-phone to transfer my number to.

I would suggest asking local friends and then checking with the companies they suggest to see about their coverage in your new city.

Boy Rae, you are up early! So am I. I haven't gone to bed yet. 2:48 AM insomnia. Good suggestion though. I haven't had a cell phone in years. I know I'm probably the only with. With state laws prohibiting cell phone use while driving in our cars, and living in a small town. I haven't missed the convienence. If I move to the house in the country, I'll be out of my current phone/cable range and will have to get one in order to keep my number I've had for 3 years, and have established my business with.

Sorry you're having trouble with insomnia. Been there. It's horrid. I'm almost always up between 4:10 and 4:30 a.m. Every day but Sunday I exercise and do my devotions before getting online, so it's a little later before I get online. I live out in the middle of nowhere, and I know that several cell companies don't really cover our area well. As a matter of fact, the company I was originally with dropped me as a customer because I was usually on someone else's tower. (They knew that when they signed me up and had me as a customer for 2 years. But, I won't go there. :() I did a lot of research among my friends and then with the cell providers before deciding. I know that what is great in Dallas isn't necessarily great here in my area.Now I'm off to get ready for church. happy cell hunting.

Have fun at church. Thanks.

I agree ....

And most cel companies will give you a discount for being with PC. Verizon gave me one, even though it's not posted on cc like Sprint.

Di - what is your PC discount thru verizon? I have Verizon but currently get a 22% discount thru my employer. Didn't know if it was better thru PC. TIA.

I had a horrible time with Verizon. Twice this year my landline was out for 2 weeks at a time and that's my biz phone. My cell is only a "pay as you go" so I was racking up the $ using it while the landline was out.

I switched to Vonage. It is half the price as Verizon. There is # portability. I have the original # that I had with Verizon and when I move (our house is on the market) I can take the # with me. Vonage is web based. It sounds like you may be moving into the country. If you don't have DSL, it may not be the thing for you. Their website has a lot of info on it. If you do want to go with Vonage, let me know b/c they have a referral offer where we can both get 2 months free.

Becca

I'd be interested to know about the discount with Verizon as well. I've had them for about 8 years and have been very happy with them. We live in the middle of the woods and I get great coverage.

I've had verizon since 1996 and have never had a problem. I don't have access to verizon for my land-line/internet, just cell.

Verizon's discount is 12 percent.

My coverage has really tanked since they merged with Alltel.

Thanks Di for the discount info. I guess I'll keep my 22% discount. In my area, my coverage expanded when they merged - it must really depend on where you are at.

Becca_in_MD said:
I had a horrible time with Verizon. Twice this year my landline was out for 2 weeks at a time and that's my biz phone. My cell is only a "pay as you go" so I was racking up the $ using it while the landline was out.

I switched to Vonage. It is half the price as Verizon. There is # portability. I have the original # that I had with Verizon and when I move (our house is on the market) I can take the # with me. Vonage is web based. It sounds like you may be moving into the country. If you don't have DSL, it may not be the thing for you. Their website has a lot of info on it. If you do want to go with Vonage, let me know b/c they have a referral offer where we can both get 2 months free.

Becca

I'll use you as a referral if I go with them. Yes, we'd be in the way out country. We're weighing our options.

Last edited:
I've been really happy with Tmobile - good reception and great quality. My contract with them runs out in Jan and I'm considering going to AT&T if they don't figure out how to get to 3G with Tmobile. I gon an iPhone and love its seamlessness; it works with Tmobile too. Anyway - Tmobile unless you need 3G speed.

We have Verizon and love it, but like others said it really just depends on where you live. The other thing I was going to mention is that I am not sure if you can "take" your home phone number with you to a cell phone company. I know you can move cell numbers from one company to the other but I don't know how that works with home numbers.

We have Nextel/Sprint for Cell service. As a PC consultant, you get an 18% discount. You just need to check that Sprint has good coverage in your area. I don't think we'd ever go with anything else, because we love our Two-Way feature too much. (and we don't text).We also have Vonage - for home phone service. Best thing we ever did for our home phone. I can call anytime, anywhere, to any number, and it's still covered by my monthly flat rate. LOVE it!The only issue is that if the power goes out, so does the internet...and so does the home phone. But Vonage has that covered, because when that happens, all calls are automatically forwarded to my cell.

Like Becky, we have Vonage for home, and I love the feature that if the power goes, my calls are forwarded to my cell.

I travel all over the country for my full-time job. For a while I had three cell phones at once - Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T. I'd compare "bars" at various locations (including the Rockies and in the boondocks of several states). T-Mobile didn't fair very well at all and I wouldn't recommend them (although their customer support was great). Verizon and AT&T were both really good. I have held onto both (Verizon for personal, AT&T for work) and have found that if one doesn't work, the other doesn't either, so I'd say they're pretty comparable.

Good luck!

1. What are the coverage options for each cell phone company?

Each cell phone company offers different coverage options based on their network and partnerships with other carriers. It's important to research the coverage maps for each company and consider your specific needs for reliable service in your area.

2. What are the plan options and pricing for each cell phone company?

Cell phone companies offer a variety of plans with different data, text, and call limits, as well as pricing options. It's important to compare plans and prices to find the best fit for your budget and usage needs.

3. Do any of the cell phone companies offer discounts or promotions?

Many cell phone companies offer discounts for students, military, and seniors, as well as promotions for new customers. It's worth looking into these options to potentially save money on your cell phone plan.

4. Can I bring my own phone to each cell phone company?

Most cell phone companies allow you to bring your own phone as long as it is compatible with their network. You may need to unlock your phone from your previous carrier and purchase a new SIM card from the new carrier to use it.

5. Are there any additional fees or contracts with each cell phone company?

Cell phone companies may charge additional fees for things like activation, early termination, or international usage. It's important to read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions of your contract before signing up with a cell phone company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lkprescott
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat