• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Airport is Best for Conference '07?

Check with them before you get a ticket so you can all go together.CarolynI am flying into O'Hare too!
EpTxGuy
Which airport is the best one to fly into? Any opinions? I'm trying to book early for Conference '07, but I've never been before and I don't want to save $20.00 in airfare and end up driving an hour more than needed. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Guy

I have only flown into the big one. I have heard that either would work - they are both about the same ways away.

Either one works fine. You can catch public transportation or a cab either way. ORD is more of your typical big-city airport than MDW, but I think MDW's
If you have the chance, fly into Joliet, and catch a ride downtown with ME! I'm kind of kidding...JOT is a teeny little general aviation airport, so don't start searching Expedia for flights to JOT!

Ok, after 6 conferences, I definitely like Midway better. It's smaller, not as overwhelming as O'hare, but IMHO the best part is that you walk to the end of the airport (not far at ALL), and get on the Orange Line for $1.80 and it takes you to within 2 blocks of your conference hotel. Way cheaper than a shuttle and there are always PC folks on board to meet.

Nancy Collins
Director
Orange, CA

I have only been to one confernce and I flew into O'hare....

I live here and favor MDW. As already mentioned, it's super easy to get on the Orange Line and you'll be downtown near your hotel in about 30 mins.

If you fly into ORD, you can also catch the Blue Line from there.

In the end, either airport is fine. Depending on the time of day, you'll get stuck in traffic coming to/from either one. I'd go with the lower fare.

I like midway better.

I'm partial to ohare, but i think that's cuz hubby works there, so he knows all the shortcuts, etc.

although midway has really cleaned up and seems very cozy--where ohare can be overwhelming to someone who doesn't know their way around.

I could tell you better after this years confernce if I really hate O'hare or not... but I am kinda partical to it becasue I fly Untied and they only fly into their O'hare not Midway.

I'm flying into Midway, per Deb's advice about taking the Orange Line. I'm all about taking the Hassle Factor down as many notches as I can!

I am flying into O'Hare on Monday morning. My fly leaves NJ at 7am and I'll be in IL by 9am or so. It will be hectic, but I didn't want to pay for another night in the hotel, plus I have 2 little ones who I really can't be away from for too long. (18 months & 4 yrs) This will be my first time in Chicago, but I have been to all the airports in NYC, so I think I'll be okay. :D

I've flown into Midway for 7 downtown conferences, once into O'hare when conference was in Rosedale...Rose-something. Definitely prefer Midway. Smaller, always catch the shuttle van. PC gives us a coupon for $2 off, cheaper to grab other PC people standing around and get a group rate for the shuttle.

Is anyone from your cluster going? Check with them before you get a ticket so you can all go together.

Nanisu said:
Ok, after 6 conferences, I definitely like Midway better. It's smaller, not as overwhelming as O'hare, but IMHO the best part is that you walk to the end of the airport (not far at ALL), and get on the Orange Line for $1.80 and it takes you to within 2 blocks of your conference hotel. Way cheaper than a shuttle and there are always PC folks on board to meet.

Nancy Collins
Director
Orange, CA

I totally agree with Nancy.... I went to NC last year for my first time and loved the rail ride to downtown and it stopped 1/2 block for our hotel....

I hear the Cubbies are in town Wave 1 (YIPPEE)...

I definitely prefer Midway but was unable to find cheap airfare into Midway this year so we're doing O'Hare. I hated O'Hare last year...but this time I am flying in with 4 other clustermates so at least we'll be able to split a cab and be together..

Midway for me too. It's smaller and less expensive getting to the hotels.

dannyzmom said:
I definitely prefer Midway but was unable to find cheap airfare into Midway this year so we're doing O'Hare. I hated O'Hare last year...but this time I am flying in with 4 other clustermates so at least we'll be able to split a cab and be together..

Who is going from our cluster Carolyn?

1. Which airport is closest to the Pampered Chef headquarters?

The closest airport to our headquarters is O'Hare International Airport (ORD), located about 30 miles away in Chicago, Illinois.

2. Are there any airports that offer a direct flight to the Pampered Chef headquarters?

Yes, Midway International Airport (MDW) also offers direct flights to Chicago and is located about 40 miles from our headquarters.

3. Is there an airport shuttle or public transportation from the airport to the Pampered Chef headquarters?

Unfortunately, there is no airport shuttle or public transportation directly to our headquarters. However, there are several options for car rentals, ride-sharing services, and taxi services available at both O'Hare and Midway airports.

4. How far is the drive from the airport to the Pampered Chef headquarters?

The drive from O'Hare International Airport to our headquarters is approximately 45 minutes, while the drive from Midway International Airport is about an hour.

5. Are there any nearby hotels that offer shuttle service to the Pampered Chef headquarters?

Yes, there are several hotels near our headquarters that offer shuttle service to and from the airport, including the Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates and the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • OhmyDLM
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies