• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Airport for NC: Comparing Midway and O'Hare for Affordable Flights"

In summary, the train is cheap, but you have to have exact change. The last time there were PC ladies on the train with me, I had to walk a few blocks.
pchockeymom
I'm wondering which airport I should be looking to fly into/out of for NC, Midway or OHare. I'm having trouble finding anything cheap to either airport.

Either one. I usually use O'Hare and my downline coming from TX uses Midway. Neither of us had had issues.

I've flown into Midway and then taken the train downtown.

NooraK said:

Train?@! Holy crap! That just sent my phobias flying! I definitely need to find someone to travel with! I don't think I could do it by myself.

NooraK said:

pchockeymom said:
Train?@! Holy crap! That just sent my phobias flying! I definitely need to find someone to travel with! I don't think I could do it by myself.

yes, talk more about the train please! it will be my first time attending & i'm flying into midway.

Midway also has shuttle vans to conference hotels. I assume O'Hare would as well. Closer to conference PC will post discount coupons for the shuttles.

Shuttle information is already posted on CC for both O'Hare & Midway. If you reserve ahead of time through the link, you receive a discount.

The train is so cheap... from midway to downtown it is like $2! You just follow the signs at Midway to the Orange Line and ride downtown, you can call the hotel you are staying at to find out which station to get off at. For the Hilton, I know you can do Orange line all the way and it is about a 2 blk walk, for the Sheraton you may need to transfer to another "color" line to complete your journey.

Last year we did the train/bus combo from O'Hare to the Sheraton and that was fine too.

I would HIGHLY recommend you ONLY use the train FROM the airport to the hotel!2x not one but TWICE I had problem w/ the train at the end of conference. Once my error- and the other was beyond my control!Never again do I take the train TO the airport- I want to get there with out the stress of time not being on my side

We flew into Midway and took the shuttle last year, but we wished we had known about the train option!! Last year there were busses from conference to the airports after the last general session was over.

I did the train by myself. I was a little nervous at first (being from a small town in Virginia myself) but it's actually really simple. And so CHEAP. And the only trouble I had on the way back was because of construction on the tracks. Didn't make me late - I just couldn't catch the train where I was supposed to and walked quite a bit to find it.

Yes, the train is cheap! I traveled by myself, and didn't have any trouble, though the last time there were a few other PC ladies on the train with me. I stayed at the Chicago Hilton, and had to walk about two blocks. I only packed a carry-on, and it had wheels, so it wasn't a big ordeal.

You can get information on all the options here: Chicago Transit

another train tip- you have to have exact change - if you put a $20 it does NOT give change back....

nancycookspc said:
another train tip- you have to have exact change - if you put a $20 it does NOT give change back....

Could it be you know this from experience?!

1. Which airport is closest to NC?

The closest airport to NC is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), which is located in Morrisville, NC about 10 miles from downtown Raleigh.

2. Are there any other airports in NC besides RDU?

Yes, there are several other airports in NC including Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO), Wilmington International Airport (ILM), and Asheville Regional Airport (AVL). The best airport to fly into will depend on your final destination in NC.

3. How far is Charlotte Douglas International Airport from NC?

Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is actually located in Charlotte, NC and is about 167 miles from Raleigh, the capital of NC. It is the largest airport in NC and serves as a major hub for American Airlines.

4. Are there any direct flights to NC?

Yes, there are direct flights to NC from various cities across the US. However, the availability of direct flights will depend on your departing location and the airport you are flying into in NC. It is best to check with your preferred airline for specific flight options.

5. How do I get from the airport to my destination in NC?

There are various transportation options available from the airport to your final destination in NC. These include rental cars, ride-sharing services, taxis, and public transportation such as buses or trains. It is recommended to research and plan your transportation ahead of time to ensure a smooth and convenient journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • SusanBP0129
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies