• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where's Darwin When You Need Him?

In summary, a 54-year-old man stabbed his 63-year-old brother during an argument over a can of pork and beans. The brother was treated at a medical center for stab wounds in his left arm and shoulder blade. The suspect was booked on one count of aggravated battery.
raebates
Staff member
Just read this AP story:

GILLIAM, La. – A sheriff's deputy said a 54-year-old man stabbed his 63-year-old brother during an argument in their kitchen over a can of pork and beans. Sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Chadwick said the suspect was booked Tuesday on one count of aggravated battery.

Chadwick said the brother was treated at a medical center for stab wounds in his left arm and shoulder blade.

Chadwick quoted Deputy Jairo Rivera as saying the two brothers had been drinking. Rivera said the suspect picked up a kitchen knife after his brother threw a punch at him but missed.

And this one:

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. – Authorities said two Port St. Lucie women tried to steal nearly $200 worth of merchandise from a Wal-Mart but got caught because they left packets of recently developed pictures in their abandoned shopping carts.

Police said a self-checkout cashier noticed two women scan and pay for $70 worth of items Thursday, but the bagged groceries in their carts appeared worth much more. When the cashier asked to see their receipt, the women took off.

Among all the merchandise that hadn't been paid for, store officials found two packets of recently developed pictures. The cashier identified the women in the photos, and the name and phone number on the envelopes turned out to belong to one of the women.

Both women face retail theft charges.

People are crazy.

Too Funny!!!

:D I love the one with the photographs!

We had a guy here a couple of years ago that figured out a pretty good scam. He figured out a way to get into store after hours by posing as an employee of the gas company. He had a set of stolen coveralls, a toolbox, a van, and an official-looking photo ID that he wore clipped to the collar of his coveralls.He got into the store under the pretext of looking for a reported gas leak. He was able to get ahold of some of the day's receipts (several thousand dollars in cash) and some valuable merchandise.The police were waiting for him when he went home. His official-looking photo ID was his drivers' license.

Gotta love it.

Sheesh! Done with the call, not done with the adjustments (supervisors have to call me back)--grand total, 2 hours, 13 minutes. Total adjustments attempted= 5. Total resolved= 3.

Nanisu said:
Sheesh! Done with the call, not done with the adjustments (supervisors have to call me back)--grand total, 2 hours, 13 minutes. Total adjustments attempted= 5. Total resolved= 3.

Um, Nanisu, did you mean to post this on your OMG this is ridiculous thread?:p

Speaking of Darwin...
giggle.gif

Oh, give her a break. She's been on hold the the HO forever. That's enough to make anyone do something silly.

Hey, even Darwin could have made that mistake, LOL. I had to do somethin' while I was dealing with HO (or "nancy, would you mind holding for a second? My system is slow today--ad nauseum every 10 minutes), so what I was doing to pass the time was reading the threads...so yes, I did mean to post it on my other thread...Darwin could not have done any better. Oh wait, maybe I was SPEAKING to Darwin....

Completely understandable.

Well, gee, Rae, you and I would never do anything dumb, now would we?
71526.gif

I'd tell you I never do that kind of thing, but I don't like to lie.

I live in a SMALL town & recently a 30 year old shot & killed his 29 year old brother b/c they were drinking & arguing who was better!!! What in the world??

The only difference between a small town and a big town is that in a small one you're more likely to be personally acquainted with the crazy people.

raebates said:
The only difference between a small town and a big town is that in a small one you're more likely to be personally acquainted with the crazy people.

You leave me out of this! LOL

LOL Crystal, there is a good kinda crazy and a bad kind... you are the good kind! ;)

raebates said:

Or worse, related.

Oh, so you've met my family?

1. What is "Where's Darwin When You Need Him?"

"Where's Darwin When You Need Him?" is a popular cookbook by Pampered Chef that features delicious recipes and cooking tips for quick and easy meals.

2. Is this cookbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Where's Darwin When You Need Him?" is designed for cooks of all levels, including beginners. The recipes are easy to follow and use common ingredients.

3. Are the recipes in this cookbook healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Where's Darwin When You Need Him?" are created with health and wellness in mind. They use fresh ingredients and offer options for dietary restrictions.

4. Can I purchase this cookbook in stores?

No, "Where's Darwin When You Need Him?" is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to receive the cookbook for free.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan recipes included?

Yes, "Where's Darwin When You Need Him?" includes a variety of vegetarian and vegan options for those with dietary restrictions. These recipes are clearly marked for easy identification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back