• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with These Lead-Finding Tips: Expert Advice

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant asking for suggestions on how to find new leads for business. They have tried various methods such as reaching out to previous customers, contacting local businesses, and attending events, but have not had much success. Some suggestions from others include taking a teleclass, offering specific theme shows, and requiring all customer information to be completed for orders and warranty purposes. The consultant is feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, but others advise them to stay confident and persistent.
Beth1170
I would like suggestions on where to find new leads for business. I have been a consultant for a year now and my list has run dry. I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong.
I cannot get any of my hosts to rebook- not because I'm boring- just they have all the products they want right now or they are just too busy to invest time in another show. I have asked for referrals, the response was whoever was at my show is it. I have started calling ordering customers each corresponding month from the past year and reminding them of the 1 year guarantee being about to expire and is everything still in good working order, would they like to see the latest catalog or host a show and stock their kitchens for free like host did last year- no new shows or orders from doing customer care calls. I have contacted local businesses-either they do not allow solicitation of any kind or they already work with a consultant. I have made cold calls on numerous occasions when I have been in slumps before and this has not been particularly productive. I have visited the homes on my street and sent mailers and called on neighboring streets. There have not been many booth opportunities the past few months or the beginnig of Summer. Am I missing something??
I do live in Ohio and in my particular area there has been allot of unemployement but other consultants don't think that the economy plays that big of a part. I focus on the fun night out with friends and $2/serving meals but no takers. I have had several people host catalog shows but I haven't had much success in getting bookings from those, mostly because they don't want the host to give me their phone #'s. As of today, I am looking at 2 cooking show for May and only 1 in June. I'm just as lost and overwhelmed as when I started. Where do I go from here??

Call your director.

We all go thru this, Deb gave good advice.

Also search the threads, there is allot of good info that has been discussed repeatedly. It is a popular topic.

Sounds like you've been very proactive....that's good and necessary.

You may want to consider taking a teleclass - there's Booking A Year-Round Business - including new Show strategies and Cooking Show Success on May 13th. Look at May's list and see if any of those look good. I've been getting lots of great info from them, and feeling more confident. If you can't register for any because of your schedule, then listen to pre-recorded one when you're free. Also, refresh your memory with the CC Prospecting: Finding Business Everywhere Online Training.

I assume you have sent out emails......are you offering specific theme shows? Try hosting a sample party at your home...or host a HWC fundraiser yourself.....what about handing out recipe cards with your contact info to people while running errands?

I'm also assuming you are being proactive and keeping in touch with guests with cust care calls.....connecting with them usually can lead to booking...

Most of the above suggestions are mostly from here....you may want to read some posts from the bookings section and see if there are any other ideas you like.

Don't give up, and do not get discouraged....some months are fab, while others are slow.....Start sending out those June Host specials and see if anyone bites.....look at the 1K Mystery Host thread....that may work for you.

hope this helps, but most importantly....be confident in yourself....the bookings will come

Just a thought, I require catty shows to include ALL info. If I can't see someone face to face I want to have contact. Also, if there are any problems with payment, questions about order, etc I need to have contact with the customer. I don't play the middle man game. Put on your order forms that all info must be completed for order reasons and warranty. :eek:D
I know it sounds harsh, but it is necessary in a biz. We don't have the same luxuries as a department store, so we need this info for numerous reasons. If I explain it, no usually has a problem.

I was listening to a training call the other day and this idea of having to have a way to reach the customer was brought up. The senior level consultant, said that it is a must that she have a way to contact her customer in case of recall.

I would not get discouraged either. You are doing everything you should be doing and no one is biting right now but it will come. I'm in the same boat as you. I've been making calls at least once a week. I've been following up. I've called, I've emailed, I've done it all. I just have trouble getting call backs and responses. I did a craft fair Saturday and only got 2 leads. I called both last night. One should be calling me back since she won, but was bowling and we couldn't hear eachother. The other no answer no machine but I have an email. I've been doing weekly calls with my director to keep me accountable. It's definitely helping. I'm doing a booth w/another consultant Saturday and I'm just trying to stay positive and optimistic that all my hard work will generate some solid bookings soon!!! Just keep at it and don't give up.

Beth, I have been where you are at, and it isn't fun! You are doing all the right things. Just keep asking and before you know it, someone will bite and you will have a full calendar. Have you done your own show recently? Invite all your past hosts/ people who don't want to host their own show but love our products/ family/ friends, etc. I have done it 2 times when I was looking for bookings and was able to get a few from it. Also, have you asked teachers at the kids school? Most are willing to host now that school is getting close to being over for the year.

DebbieJ said:
Call your director.

I did talk to my director, and she suggested posting it here. She felt that what I had done in the past to find business and what I am doing now should be working.

Anyway, when I told her yesterday that the posts didn't warrant any "new" ideas for me she asked if I could come observe a show of hers tonight. She felt that although it wouldn't give me new leads, it may give me a fresh perspective on my own shows so I can get bookings from the few I have on my calendar.

I received my Consultant News yesterday and I love the recipe card idea. That seemed to get more interest for the consultant than a business card and mini. I'm actually grocery shopping today so I plan on trying it.

Thanks to those that shared they've been in my shoes before. It doesn't solve my problem, but it helps that I'm not alone.

It sounds like you are doing very many things the right way and working hard. My director gave our cluster a " be intentional " pin once. Go to the mall intentionally to look for leads.
Do you wear logo wear? A shirt or tote with PC on it usulally gets attention. I was at a store once with my tote and flopped it on the counter to get my wallet and the conversation started there and I got a booking from it. When you go to the grocery store take your recipe card with you and hold it while you are shopping for the ingredients? Don't always pick the shortest line, scout the prospects and pick an interesting line that has a potential in front of you. When I was at the mall once, at Christopher & Banks, the clerk saw my PC shirt and we got into a conversation about it, and she did a catalog show for me. I once had to take my car to the dealer and left some catalogs there, a girl sat down and started leafing through one and I started talking to her. She had a great catalog show for me. Don't let this stump you. With a little determination you can get some leads. Have you gone into the bank and offered a treat in exchange for them doing a catalog show? The possibilities are endless with the right attitude.

One of the consultants on my team gave me a big reminder last week.

She went to the mall shopping, and had her Catalog Tote with her. Every time someone would see her tote and say "Pampered Chef? I LOVE Pampered Chef", she would just say to them "You do? Well, you should have a party then!" By just asking everyone who commented on her bag, she booked 3 shows while shopping!

She called to tell me how excited she was and I thought it was such a good reminder. Sometimes I make it so difficult, and it really was as easy as just asking. She didn't get all worked up about it, or nervous, or wonder if she should ask, or how she should ask....she just assumed, because they LOVED PC, that they would like to have their own party!

ChefBeckyD said:
One of the consultants on my team gave me a big reminder last week.

She went to the mall shopping, and had her Catalog Tote with her. Every time someone would see her tote and say "Pampered Chef? I LOVE Pampered Chef", she would just say to them "You do? Well, you should have a party then!" By just asking everyone who commented on her bag, she booked 3 shows while shopping!

She called to tell me how excited she was and I thought it was such a good reminder. Sometimes I make it so difficult, and it really was as easy as just asking. She didn't get all worked up about it, or nervous, or wonder if she should ask, or how she should ask....she just assumed, because they LOVED PC, that they would like to have their own party!

Oh my...that is so amazingly simple and perfect! You are right Becky, we tend to over think sometimes, trying to say the perfect words.

It just comes out of having so much to try to remember and wanting to get it right the first time, but what a good reminder of how simple it can really be....

Beth1170 said:
I did talk to my director, and she suggested posting it here. She felt that what I had done in the past to find business and what I am doing now should be working.

Anyway, when I told her yesterday that the posts didn't warrant any "new" ideas for me she asked if I could come observe a show of hers tonight. She felt that although it wouldn't give me new leads, it may give me a fresh perspective on my own shows so I can get bookings from the few I have on my calendar.

I received my Consultant News yesterday and I love the recipe card idea. That seemed to get more interest for the consultant than a business card and mini. I'm actually grocery shopping today so I plan on trying it.

Thanks to those that shared they've been in my shoes before. It doesn't solve my problem, but it helps that I'm not alone.

Observing another consultant's Show is Huge!!!

Sorry you are not getting what you need. This question is asked allot. Maybee your director could put
out an email to the team and ask everyone what the #1 this is they are doing for their biz? Might be a better way to post here but you will probably get alot of "Get on the Phone!" answers.

1. Where can I find leads for Pampered Chef?

There are several ways to find leads for Pampered Chef. One option is to host a party or event and invite friends, family, and acquaintances to learn about the products. You can also reach out to your network through social media or by word of mouth. Additionally, you can attend events or fairs in your local area to showcase Pampered Chef products and generate leads.

2. How do I find leads online?

To find leads online, you can utilize social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Create engaging content related to Pampered Chef products and share it with your followers. Join online communities or groups related to cooking, recipes, or home goods, and engage with members to generate interest in Pampered Chef products. You can also use email marketing and online advertisements to reach potential leads.

3. Can I purchase leads for Pampered Chef?

No, purchasing leads for Pampered Chef is not allowed. It is important to build genuine relationships with potential customers and earn their trust by providing quality products and services. Instead of buying leads, focus on building a strong network and utilizing various marketing strategies to generate leads organically.

4. How can I track my leads?

You can track your leads by using a customer relationship management (CRM) tool. This will allow you to keep track of customer information, interactions, and purchases. You can also use tracking links for any online marketing efforts to see which channels are generating the most leads. It is important to regularly review and analyze your lead data to make informed decisions for your business.

5. What is the best way to convert leads into customers?

The best way to convert leads into customers is by building a relationship with them. Continue to engage with them through social media, email marketing, and personalized interactions. Offer promotions and specials to entice them to make a purchase. Provide excellent customer service and follow up with them after their purchase to ensure their satisfaction. A satisfied customer is more likely to become a repeat customer and refer others to your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefCat