1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Where to find fairs...

1. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

Hi folks. I live in a pretty small town (Roxboro, NC) but near a few larger cities (Durham, Raleigh, Burlington, etc...). How do you go about finding opportunities to set up a booth? I mean, I've tried doing searches on the internet, but maybe I'm searching for all the wrong things...I can't seem to find the fairs. The one or two I found in the local papers were fairs in which it was too late to register a booth.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Aug 5, 2009
  2. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

Most of our fairs are done with for the summer, but I know from other CS people, the south, because summers are hot, have many in September. I would start looking up small town chamber of commerce. Find out their town's "fair name", ex. We have Yamhill Derby Days. That's what I did last spring. I looked up every small town around me and I did every one of them. I weeded out which ones I would do again. County fairs are great! This is where I get a lot of bookings for my fall. You should be able to find a website that says "state chamber of commerce", so it list all the local chambers.

3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Have something to add?