• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Did My Star Go? Solving the Mystery with Greg | Earned and Lost

In summary, the levels changed and Greg's star disappeared. Greg is unhappy with the new levels and thinks they make the stars less effective. Ann is one of the most helpful people on the board and helps keep the content helpful. The levels changed and Greg's star disappeared. Greg is unhappy with the new levels and thinks they make the stars less effective. Ann is one of the most helpful people on the board and helps keep the content helpful.
mrssyvo
Greg, Where did my star go??? It took me awhile to earn it, and now it is gone!!!:mad:

It looks like the levels changed again.I hate that! It actually makes them mean LESS, which is the opposite effect that Greg intends. It's like changing requirements mid-stream.
<end rant>

Could you imagine the uproar if PC change the trip points mid-year? YIKES!

Exactly! Not that the stars mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it's the principle of the thing.

Have you seen the Stripper thread? With people posting one word a post for pages on end? That may have something to do with it........

That thread was finally shut down, but they started another one.That's exactly the type of behavior that results from arbitrarily changing requirements. A better solution is to increase the number of stars available and leave the counts alone. (IMO)

Here's my opinion - I'm sure I'll tick off a few people, but to be honest, I'm sick of the whole star thing, people typing in a couple of words just to get a post. When I joined Chef Success I looked at the people who had stars as those with wisdom, tips, etc. to share with us. That's still true in many cases, but not always. Of course, we all have posts that are not PC related, and that's not the problem - it's the frivolous threads that go on and on forever that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Just my $.02. It's been building up for a while!

ETA: That's not to say I don't appreciate the humorous threads and the hijacking that goes on - it's the one or two word post threads...

Last edited:
Let's see... dianevill... add to ignore list....Just kidding! I actually agree with your assessment. And I'll be the first to admit that I've posted more than my share of "social" posts in the lounge, but I try to be helpful, also, and edit posts when I have something to add, rather than posting another one immediately following, just to get my count up.

dianevill said:
Here's my opinion - I'm sure I'll tick off a few people, but to be honest, I'm sick of the whole star thing, people typing in a couple of words just to get a post. When I joined Chef Success I looked at the people who had stars as those with wisdom, tips, etc. to share with us. That's still true in many cases, but not always. Of course, we all have posts that are not PC related, and that's not the problem - it's the frivolous threads that go on and on forever that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

ETA: That's not to say I don't appreciate the humorous threads and the hijacking that goes on - it's the one or two word post threads...

With inflation, your opinion is definitely worth a buck, not 2 cents.

I, like Ann and others have joked around once in awhile, but I agree, I try to keep most posts worthwhile and keep the comedy to a necessary relief from a stressful situation.

BTW, it looks like Blue Star moved from 5000 to 6000, don't know about other levels.

Ann, you are one of the most helpful people on this board!!!

Can you read this? I'll know if I'm on "ignore" now!

Well, I have determined that I'll always be a stripper, but that's ok - my DH likes it. LOL. Ooops - there's one more mindless post for me!

dianevill said:

I totally agree with you! I used to try to only submit useful posts but gave up and started having fun with it too. I too feel the stars should reflect content and helpfulness not # of posts just to post. But then could you imagine the amount of work that Greg would have to keep track of it?

Nothing's prefect.

[edit: can you believe that??? I meant "nothing's PERFECT"! LOL]

dianevill said:
Can you read this? I'll know if I'm on "ignore" now!
<giggle> I was kidding! Although I do have a couple people on ignore. (I'm not telling who...)

BethCooks4U said:
I too feel the stars should reflect content and helpfulness not # of posts just to post. But then could you imagine the amount of work that Greg would have to keep track of it?
Unfortunately, the tracking is purely by post count, as it's done by the forum software. As far as I know, there's no way to exclude posts from specific areas (like the Lounge) from the counts.

chefann said:
<giggle>
Unfortunately, the tracking is purely by post count, as it's done by the forum software. As far as I know, there's no way to exclude posts from specific areas (like the Lounge) from the counts.

I made a post in the stripper thread about continuing all "chat" threads to living female. Also there is a way to exclude forums from post count. Let me think about it for a sec.

Greg just closed the other one and told them to continue it at Living Female. One was started on there last night and has grown like wild fire.

Maybe we need a chat room? Did I read somewhere when I first started on a over a year ago that there used to be one but non one ever used it? Or couldn't chatting be done in the Shoutbox?

Admin Greg said:
I made a post in the stripper thread about continuing all "chat" threads to living female. Also there is a way to exclude forums from post count. Let me think about it for a sec.

Personally, I think if you exclude one part of the forum from post count then people will just post off topic in another part of the forum. People will always find a way "around the rules."

jrstephens said:
Greg just closed the other one and told them to continue it at Living Female. One was started on there last night and has grown like wild fire.

Maybe we need a chat room? Did I read somewhere when I first started on a over a year ago that there used to be one but non one ever used it? Or couldn't chatting be done in the Shoutbox?
Problem is most of the chatting is being done solely to build number of posts. Oh, well... we all have better things to do than be post police.

But I do want to say:

GREG!! Please stop changing our stars! Once we earn it we should have it! Just add different ones for higher levels!!

That's true, but then there's policy to get it moved to the appropriate area.

I agree Diane!:thumbup: I look at this board as a place to come for advice and I use to think that the starred people were usually ones that I took seriously, now I look at join date or experience!:)
Most people have really good things to say, and I really enjoy it, but I get annoyed looking at some of the amount of posts some have and they haven't even been a member long, and then I look at the stripper thread and think WOW! I tried to see if I could get into it a couple times, but I could never get into the "groove" of it but that's just me! "Most" of my posts are long and I try to offer advice or encouragement or even just a few 2 cents.;) I don't, by any means, consider myself a PC genious, but I have been around for quite the while and have been a director and am working towards it again, after a few years of dedicating my time to my young kids (high maintenance preschooler made directorship hard and instead of not enjoying her, and my PC business, I stepped down and dedicated myself to my young one because I would only have her at that age for a short time and I could have directorship when she wasn't squeezing me for all my attention! I wish my older son would have been the child to have had my directorship when he was a preschooler, because he was easy and could handle life without all my attention! Anyway, I'm just saying most of the time I try to offer a knowledgeable response! ;)
By the way Ann, sometimes your posts are just for fun and playing around, but MOST of the time you are our reference book of knowledge and you are soooo appreciated!;) :love: :)

Last edited:
I agree with much of the above, but don't always discount newbies as not having experience (whether it be newbies to the forum or PC). I joined the forum in January, PC in February, but after 13 years of owning PC, hosting shows, 10 years of pondering becoming a consultant...and reading everything I could get my hands on, I try to stay up-to-date, and knowledgeable. My director is also an ED and helps a lot so I have a lot of resources (that I really appreciate). I also get to spend 4-5 hours in the warehouse at PC on 10/19 which I believe will be VERY valuable to me!We all have some streaks of humor and stress release, I've had my needed periods, but then get back to focus. If we could chart posts to PC we'd see ebbs and flows of many people. I used to be only 500-1000 behind Ann and she is now double me, but I don't care...getting to the next level for me isn't important (mainly due to the TRULY frivolous threads). There are times when work is very stressful and the kids are bouncing off the walls and I come here to get sanity...and other times, I'm running like a chicken with my head cut off but still check to see if I can help someone with a recipe or whatever.

dianevill said:

I've gotta say - I agree with ya, Di.

dannyzmom said:
I've gotta say - I agree with ya, Di.

I agree too Diane! I too, come here for advice, and to share, and just to know there is a place where others understand the ups and downs of my PC business.....this includes humor, and some chatting from time to time - but in its place. If I feel I need to really chat with someone, I email or PM them - I don't take it all onto the Forum.

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree too Diane! I too, come here for advice, and to share, and just to know there is a place where others understand the ups and downs of my PC business.....this includes humor, and some chatting from time to time - but in its place. If I feel I need to really chat with someone, I email or PM them - I don't take it all onto the Forum.

You have a PM ;) - just kidding!!!!

But yes Diane, we all agree with you! I come here mainly for files I need or answers...a little support on prayer requests or life, and to help others with their business. It isn't a "gaming" forum where we sit to play games, etc. Sometimes we spend too much time here, but that's how we get to know each other and we all truly know when we are here too much for our schedules!!! :blushing:

Add me to the growing list of people who agree with you, Diane. I've posted my share of junk, and I always enjoy earning a new star. I don't feel like I've posted dreck just to up my count, though. That's why I've stayed away from the stripper threads.

I totally agree with Diane about useless posting, but still needing the ability to have fun...but...

PLEASE don't take away a star if it's already earned! I worked hard with mainly legitimate posts, and it took me almost 2 years to earn it...I want it back!

Edited to Add...

Didn't know I had reached 1,000 posts, so I didn't loose my Stripper Star, but I feel for those who worked hard to earn one and have lost it.

Yeah, I'm kind of blue since my star went from blue back to pink. :(

The thread originally started as a joke to become a stripper, but after chatting with eachother we all beacme friends and decided to keep in touch and check in with eachother. It was A LOT easier than the shout box or pm'ing 5-6 people with the same news.....

BTW,.......we did do a lot of PC talk, encouraging etc. (And I have noticed a lot of OTHER "Chat" threads on this board that are just not called "stripper" threads.)

I believe you, Ellen. When I first checked out the "Stripper" thread (that was the actual thread title), it was pretty much all people posting the bare minimum to increase their post numbers. I honestly never took another look after that.

Please don't take my comment personally.

I am sort of sorry to see the thread go- my friends live in there.

Thanks for backing me. It was nice to come back and see the supportive comments! I don't know how other forums run, as this and now Living Female are the only two I've ever visited, but I thought once a long time ago Greg talked about adding a chat room (or maybe even had one on here; I'm not sure). Maybe that's something to think about again?

dianevill said:
Thanks for backing me. It was nice to come back and see the supportive comments! I don't know how other forums run, as this and now Living Female are the only two I've ever visited, but I thought once a long time ago Greg talked about adding a chat room (or maybe even had one on here; I'm not sure). Maybe that's something to think about again?

I think he implemented it as a special feature for Director Chef Success...someone that is on there can correct me if I am wrong...

Maybe he can implement it here as a special feature for Gold Supporters? I finally upgraded and the extra would help justify his administrative expense to add it...

raebates said:
I believe you, Ellen. When I first checked out the "Stripper" thread (that was the actual thread title), it was pretty much all people posting the bare minimum to increase their post numbers. I honestly never took another look after that.

Please don't take my comment personally.

I didn't. I understand the reasoning but most people commenting here are guilty of the same thing. I do come here a lot for advice but never look at the stars people have to judge their advice. If anything, I would look at their years experience and highest show total for that.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
Have you seen the Stripper thread? With people posting one word a post for pages on end? That may have something to do with it........
maybe........

Christ Follower said:
I didn't. I understand the reasoning but most people commenting here are guilty of the same thing. I do come here a lot for advice but never look at the stars people have to judge their advice. If anything, I would look at their years experience and highest show total for that.
I agree with Ellen, unfortunately we all have different views and no one inparticular is "right or wrong"... the star thing means different things to different people. I didn't need to know ChefAnn was wise by looking at her star, in fact I hadn't even noticed them for quite awhile. I have made good friends on the "stripper" thread and I am sorry some of you felt it was a waste of time, we all have different views and thats ok... no hard feelings towards anyone. I found a lot of excellent information on this site and find it extremely beneficial. You all have given great opinions and I have learned a lot through many of you. We, on the stripper thread, were there at first... yes as a joke and yes we got silly and a bit crazy sometimes but personally, it was a huge support for me. The people on that thread got me through more tough events that have gone on in my life than friends here can. I once again was not saying who's opinion is right or wrong but it was hard to hear people disagreeing with a thread that encouraged me personally and with my business.....

I REALLY HOPE I DIDN'T OFFEND ANYONE, JUST THOUGHT I WOULD BE HONEST IN HOW I FEEL, AND I MAY NOT COMPLETELY AGREE WITH EVERYONE'S OPINION.... I HAVE DEVELOPED A RESPECT FOR YOU ALL AND IN THAT RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS :) ONCE AGAIN, I AM SORRY IF I UPSET ANYONE :eek: I CERTAINLY WASN'T TRYING TO....

It seems that other threads have been shut down as well today. I think that there should be a chat room option here at CS.

I don't know what I think. :rolleyes:

MissChef said:
I agree Diane!:thumbup: I look at this board as a place to come for advice and I use to think that the starred people were usually ones that I took seriously, now I look at join date or experience!:) ...
MissChef said:
I agree with you Cathy. I used to come here a lot and seek advise. Lately, it has become a "chat" room for most of the threads and the get "hijacked" and make a 300 degree turn and I get lost.....I have also made some great friendships on this site - so I feel I can come here in searhc of support, help and yes, fun.

I too look at the stra, years in the biz, post #'s etc. and I feel that we all have a resposibilty to know when we are "getting out of control". If we are using a thread as a chatroom - we ned to consider how helpful it is for someone truly looking for help or support - are they getting it forn the thread or just getting lost.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy some of the "funnies" that go on - but if the posts start to go crazy and I am not getiing anything out of teh ORIGINAL question, comment or teaching - I bail out. And YES - that is my choice to simply leave....

And I do :cool:

That's my take on the situation. ANd of course I lost my star so I just might be a newbie that doesn't have a clue either!!!

PCGINA said:
MissChef said:
I agree Diane!:thumbup: I look at this board as a place to come for advice and I use to think that the starred people were usually ones that I took seriously, now I look at join date or experience!:) ...
MissChef said:
I agree with you Cathy. I used to come here a lot and seek advise. Lately, it has become a "chat" room for most of the threads and the get "hijacked" and make a 300 degree turn and I get lost.....I have also made some great friendships on this site - so I feel I can come here in searhc of support, help and yes, fun.

I too look at the stra, years in the biz, post #'s etc. and I feel that we all have a resposibilty to know when we are "getting out of control". If we are using a thread as a chatroom - we ned to consider how helpful it is for someone truly looking for help or support - are they getting it forn the thread or just getting lost.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy some of the "funnies" that go on - but if the posts start to go crazy and I am not getiing anything out of teh ORIGINAL question, comment or teaching - I bail out. And YES - that is my choice to simply leave....

And I do :cool:

That's my take on the situation. ANd of course I lost my star so I just might be a newbie that doesn't have a clue either!!!

I understand where you are coming from Gina. This is why some of us would "chat" on the stripper thread...so it would not interfere with the other threads that we read and would comment on. This way we were not hijackinng the other threads by saying hi and catching up with our friends.

I am not complaining that all of the chat threads were shut down, just wanted to make a comment to Gina that not all of us would chit chat on other threads.

Last edited:
Another one to agree with Diane:cool: I don't mind those silly threads; you all can chat about whatever you'd like. But for me personally, I come here for biz ideas. I scan all the new posts & typically only read the pc-related ones; except if someone is having a big dilemma or something & of course the Paige threads. It's all part of trying to limit my time here. I feel lots of you are my friends too; but I'd rather chat via email or pm.

Ditto. Personally, I don't even notice stars or their colors.
Striving to reach high level posts to get a star color kind of defeats the purpose of what Chef Success really is, don't you think? What's the point in even getting a star when one can see the number of posts? There's my 2 cents. :cool:

I've got a silly questionwasn't the Chef's Lounge created for all of those non-PC topics? Yes I realize that some people may have done a 180 on some of the actual PC business topics but I thought the Lounge was for all non related issues? Yes, the one or two word posts were getting a bit ridiculous but there was always the option to not read anything in the lounge.

I may also be taking this the wrong way, but I personally do not feel like I should be in the Living Female area because well, I am not a female. When I first say it, without even going in there, I was like Oh OK...a place for women to discuss women issues...so I don't need to go in there.

In the beginning I used this forum to gain so much knowlege and ideas about how to run my PC business but ever since I think it was late last year, early this year that we had a huge incident that divided things and this place has not been the same since.

jason it has seemed a little different since we had that problem. I do get on here everyday but I know I dont post as much

i agree that once something is earned it should not be taken away!
but instead of assuming the reason the reguirements for the stars were changed b/c of the stripper thread why not ask greg?!?
i am sure he would be more than happy to give the reason
then the negative posts need not exist :)
especially when there actually were only a few of us there, as im sure everyone knows some feelings can be hurt, and just b/c most of the posts came from chatting does not mean that we were not here for business as well :)

as the saying goes
people who live in glass houses should not throw stones

and if that statement annoys anyone so be it, i still come here for pc advice, tips, etc as that is what i paid for. i just happen to make some very good friends along the way :)

jasonmva said:
wasn't the Chef's Lounge created for all of those non-PC topics? Yes I realize that some people may have done a 180 on some of the actual PC business topics but I thought the Lounge was for all non related issues? Yes, the one or two word posts were getting a bit ridiculous but there was always the option to not read anything in the lounge.

I may also be taking this the wrong way, but I personally do not feel like I should be in the Living Female area because well, I am not a female. When I first say it, without even going in there, I was like Oh OK...a place for women to discuss women issues...so I don't need to go in there.

In the beginning I used this forum to gain so much knowlege and ideas about how to run my PC business but ever since I think it was late last year, early this year that we had a huge incident that divided things and this place has not been the same since.

thank you jason:)
and yes we did get silly and carried away at times
but if the whole thread was read from start to finish(yes i know not a chance especially with 1000 pages:yuck: :eek: ) there was alot of support given both business related and personal
and i am going to find flipping between the two sites a PIB but at least i still have a place to go and "chat" where all my friends from here will be and for that im happy:D

I know that some people took the stones cast about the stripper thread very hard, and are reluctant to come back to this board at all. I know I question how seriously people take my questions or input because I participated in that thread- now that it has been the subject of so much bashing here. I am sort of frustrated. Its not like we were insulting anyone, picking on anyone, or being nasty in any way. I feel as though I am part of an 'uncool' clique and I have been pushed off to a new playground so I don't cramp the cool kids style.

friday said:
I know that some people took the stones cast about the stripper thread very hard, and are reluctant to come back to this board at all. I know I question how seriously people take my questions or input because I participated in that thread- now that it has been the subject of so much bashing here. I am sort of frustrated. Its not like we were insulting anyone, picking on anyone, or being nasty in any way. I feel as though I am part of an 'uncool' clique and I have been pushed off to a new playground so I don't cramp the cool kids style.
I second that friday :(

nikkijo said:
I am not complaining that all of the chat threads were shut down, just wanted to make a comment to Gina that not all of us would chit chat on other threads.[/COLOR]

Noted Nikki and totally understood. Thanks for your comments.

Friday and Angela, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'd be the last person to devalue your input because you participated in the "Stripper" thread--mostly because I've posted a lot of drivel myself. As I stated before, I never really read through that thread. After my first glance, when I realized that (at least at the start), it was just posting a word or two at a time, which I found difficult and time-consuming to follow, I never gave it another glance. I couldn't tell you who was ever on that thread, so I guarantee that it doesn't affect my opinion of you or anyone else.

Not that anyone cares or should care about my opinion.

<h2>1. Where did my star go?</h2><p>Your star may have disappeared due to a technical error or a violation of our consultant policies. It is important to reach out to our customer service team to investigate the issue and help you regain your star.</p><h2>2. How long does it take to earn a star?</h2><p>The time it takes to earn a star can vary depending on your sales, bookings, and sponsoring activity. On average, it takes about 3 months of consistent activity to earn a star.</p><h2>3. Can I get my star back if I lost it?</h2><p>If your star was lost due to a technical error, our customer service team can help you regain it. However, if it was lost due to a violation of policies, it cannot be reinstated.</p><h2>4. What are the benefits of having a star?</h2><p>Having a star means that you have met certain sales, bookings, and sponsoring goals. This can lead to increased recognition, incentives, and opportunities for growth within the company.</p><h2>5. How can I prevent losing my star?</h2><p>To prevent losing your star, it is important to consistently meet the requirements and follow our consultant policies. Staying organized and setting goals for yourself can also help you maintain your star status.</p>

1. Where did my star go?

Your star may have disappeared due to a technical error or a violation of our consultant policies. It is important to reach out to our customer service team to investigate the issue and help you regain your star.

2. How long does it take to earn a star?

The time it takes to earn a star can vary depending on your sales, bookings, and sponsoring activity. On average, it takes about 3 months of consistent activity to earn a star.

3. Can I get my star back if I lost it?

If your star was lost due to a technical error, our customer service team can help you regain it. However, if it was lost due to a violation of policies, it cannot be reinstated.

4. What are the benefits of having a star?

Having a star means that you have met certain sales, bookings, and sponsoring goals. This can lead to increased recognition, incentives, and opportunities for growth within the company.

5. How can I prevent losing my star?

To prevent losing your star, it is important to consistently meet the requirements and follow our consultant policies. Staying organized and setting goals for yourself can also help you maintain your star status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva