• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where is Gillina? Is Anyone Else Wondering?

':rolleyes: You could also do a rotation of who gets to drive. My oldest gets to drive on even days, my middle child gets to drive on odd days, and my youngest gets to drive on the first 2 days of the month. One more thing...My children know that if they are ever out of line or start to fight, they need to go to their room. I don't take toys away, I don't spank, I don't threaten. I just say 'you need to go to your room.' and they do. Gillian, if you have any advice for raising kids, please share! We would love to hear from you!
Kathytnt
Is it just me - I dont' seem to have seen any posts from Gillina lately. Am I missing something??

Is she having her baby??! :eek:

That my guess... Yay Gillian :)

That maybe, plus she is on PC hiatus for now.

:confused: :confused: I thought she said even if she is on hiatus she wasn't going to abandon us :confused: :confused:

Gillian if you are out there... WE MISS YOU!!!!!

Maybe she is playing hide and seek.....

We could count to 10 and maybe then we will find her. I will start the count.

I thought she was due in July?

I am sure we will find her.

4.......:d

Knowing Gillian, she brought her lap top to the hospital with her!! :D

Hope all is well with you and the baby Gillian! We are praying for you!

Where are you Gillian? Hope all is well and that you have a healthy baby : )

7.......any news?

8.....Alright Gillian, we're all worried about you!! Where are you?:p

she said she thought she would have the baby in May

I remember reading her daughter's b-day is this week.....plus she is taking a break from PC. I've noticed she's posting on the chef lounge threads....just not PC related ones.
Take your break Gill; take care of yourself, enjoy your kids, then come back to PC fully refreshed:) We luv ya!

She is just such a prolific poster usually I wsa getting concerned

This is a post Gillian made (under the CS conference thread...thus the mention of drinking!) on the 13th so she is less than a week away!!

Baby Baylor is coming in the next 10ish days, so anytime after that I am at the bar with everyone! Let's get this party started!

She's in my cluster if we dont hear from her by Monday, I'm sure I'll find out at our cluster meeting that night! She is SUPER by the way!!

10... (sort of....number 8 was twice - posted at same time)

Come out, come out , wherever you are.....

Giiiillllliiiiiaaaaaannnnnn ????

Last Activity: Yesterday 07:54 PM so I'm sure she's around...

Yeah... She's usually on at night. That's when I "see" her.

Maybe she is behind that post over there.....

Wait, if she was, her belly would be sticking out and we could 'see' her. Let's look somewhere else.....

I have her phone number so.....if we don't hear anything soon I am going to call and check-up on her!

Speaking of the spunkly-little-mama-to-be....how can we throw an On-Line Baby shower for her? I've been thinking about this and don't know how to do it.

maybe have her set up a baby registry at babies r us and ship direct??

I was thinking the same. I also have her address....Hmmmmmmm:cool:

Shhhh !! don't let her see our responses...

Just kidding.

How about advice or tips on raising kids. I know you already have children, Gillian, but maybe some tried and true tips. Especially since your children are so close in age and still young.

For example...

PROBLEM: FIGHTING OVER THE FRONT SEAT OR WHO DOES WHAT CHORE
My children have not fought over the front seat in years (at least 5). They also don't fight over who takes the garbage out, who dries the dishes, who cleans the dogpen, what station to listen to in the car, Wendys or McDonalds, etc. (Now I am NOT saying they don't argue about DOING it, just who has to:rolleyes: )

SOLUTION:
One child was born on the 14th (he will be even), the other was born on the 29th (he will be odd:rolleyes: not odd, but ODD numbered). You could use the year they were born, 1st born and 2nd born, or boy (odd - 3 letters) girl (even - 4 letters).
Now if today is an odd numbered day (1st, 3rd, 5th) the odd child gets the front seat, gets to choose the restaurant (between my 2 choices), who helps with the kitchen or living room, what station to listen to in the car (if I'm not listening to PC training tapes:D ) etc. You can make a list of what needs to be done and divide into 2 lists. The 'child of the day' could pick one or the other list, and the other would be stuck with the list not chosen. On the even days (2nd, 4th, 6th and so on) the 'even' child gets to pick.

I did tell my children, especially for the front seat, not to be stubborn on certain occasions and to be considerate if your brother wants to use the front seat to go to his friends birthday party. Because you may not want to climb out of the back seat for your Prom.:eek:

This will also work for 3 children... because your children could still be 'even=E' 'odd= 0' and 'third = T'. Theirs days would go like this....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (date of days)
O E T E O T O E T E (child)

Would still be one of them every 3 days. and the third child would be numbers divisible by 3 (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, etc. )

Don't know if it would work for 4 or not, only have 3 children now.

We could even start a new thread titled "Gillians Baby shower"

Anyone game?

We do the "even-odd" thing for praying at dinner. DD was born on the 17th; DS on the 10th. It works perfectly until times like last week...things were so crazy we were only all together a few nights....all "odd". My DD realized the 3rd night she said the prayer that my son was missing his nights. It was kinda funny :)

heat123 said:
maybe have her set up a baby registry at babies r us and ship direct??

Direct shipping to Alaska might cost you an arm and a leg. Maybe a gift card shower. They are easy to mail and she can get what she wants, when she needs it.....like diapers!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Maybe a gift card shower. They are easy to mail and she can get what she wants, when she needs it.....like diapers!!

What a great idea.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Direct shipping to Alaska might cost you an arm and a leg. Maybe a gift card shower. They are easy to mail and she can get what she wants, when she needs it.....like diapers!!

I love this idea! Is there a way to set it up online without her knowing (one of you with address and phone number) and only register for gift cards? Then we could just buy it directly from wherever (is there a target in her area?) and have them mail it to her!

ShhhhhhhhOkay, first we need to stop talking about it where she can see it :)

I've got an idea that might work. Let me check it out and I'll post details later today :)

FYI- I called Gillian earlier today (well yesterday at the time of this posting) and she is doing fine. No baby yet (at least at the time of the phone call) but is expecting any moment. I did think of the virtual baby shower but I didn't want to open another can of worms....if you know what I mean.

Oi, my head hurts.

yummy4tummy said:
FYI- I called Gillian earlier today (well yesterday at the time of this posting) and she is doing fine. No baby yet (at least at the time of the phone call) but is expecting any moment. I did think of the virtual baby shower but I didn't want to open another can of worms....if you know what I mean.
Last thing I want is for Gillian to have a problem because we were being nice. We can always send her cards or do something on our own.

AJPratt said:
Last thing I want is for Gillian to have a problem because we were being nice. We can always send her cards or do something on our own.

I understand yummy4tummy's and Anne's concern. I am working on an idea that can be done privately. I am waiting on a response from Gillian so that she's okay with this. I will post it in a separate thread and then lock it so that we don't open a can of worms. I think that will cover all of our bases....do something special on an individual, private basis.

I do this too!
genburk said:
Shhhh !! don't let her see our responses...

Just kidding.

How about advice or tips on raising kids. I know you already have children, Gillian, but maybe some tried and true tips. Especially since your children are so close in age and still young.

For example...

PROBLEM: FIGHTING OVER THE FRONT SEAT OR WHO DOES WHAT CHORE
My children have not fought over the front seat in years (at least 5). They also don't fight over who takes the garbage out, who dries the dishes, who cleans the dogpen, what station to listen to in the car, Wendys or McDonalds, etc. (Now I am NOT saying they don't argue about DOING it, just who has to:rolleyes: )

SOLUTION:
One child was born on the 14th (he will be even), the other was born on the 29th (he will be odd:rolleyes: not odd, but ODD numbered). You could use the year they were born, 1st born and 2nd born, or boy (odd - 3 letters) girl (even - 4 letters).
Now if today is an odd numbered day (1st, 3rd, 5th) the odd child gets the front seat, gets to choose the restaurant (between my 2 choices), who helps with the kitchen or living room, what station to listen to in the car (if I'm not listening to PC training tapes:D ) etc. You can make a list of what needs to be done and divide into 2 lists. The 'child of the day' could pick one or the other list, and the other would be stuck with the list not chosen. On the even days (2nd, 4th, 6th and so on) the 'even' child gets to pick.

I did tell my children, especially for the front seat, not to be stubborn on certain occasions and to be considerate if your brother wants to use the front seat to go to his friends birthday party. Because you may not want to climb out of the back seat for your Prom.:eek:

This will also work for 3 children... because your children could still be 'even=E' 'odd= 0' and 'third = T'. Theirs days would go like this....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (date of days)
O E T E O T O E T E (child)

Would still be one of them every 3 days. and the third child would be numbers divisible by 3 (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, etc. )

Don't know if it would work for 4 or not, only have 3 children now.

We could even start a new thread titled "Gillians Baby shower"

Anyone game?

I do the same with my two older ones.....one's odd and one's even....has worked for years! The girls always sit in the back....they are younger. The dishes...well, the oldest can't stand to touch anyone's food or hae his own food touching the other food so he unloads the clean dishes and the other loads the dishwasher. But odd and even work!

Let me know as well what you guys are doing for Gillian.....I've been out for a while too.....getting stressed out for my surgery next week. Taking a break from PC until after the surgery. Hoping that helps the problem! Take care and let me know about what you are doing for her...I just love Gillian and her knowledge and advice on here.

I'd like in on whatever we do for Gillian. She is a great support and it would be cool to do something for her.

Check out new threadI've started a new thread under Chef's Lounge called "Gillian and baby news". It has the details for anyone that wants to do something special for her. Check it out!

GeorgiaPeach said:
I've started a new thread under Chef's Lounge called "Gillian and baby news". It has the details for anyone that wants to do something special for her. Check it out!

Thanks for doing this.

It's a really nice idea. I hope everything is going well with her. I'd love to see another belly picture before she pops! :)

gratergirl said:
I do the same with my two older ones.....one's odd and one's even....has worked for years! The girls always sit in the back....they are younger. The dishes...well, the oldest can't stand to touch anyone's food or hae his own food touching the other food so he unloads the clean dishes and the other loads the dishwasher. But odd and even work!

My oldest won't touch anything with 'germs' either. He can't stand to wash dishes (no electric dishwasher here), and neither can I because he takes forever and uses so much water trying to rinse them. I think my second son would eat off of a dirty plate (Just kidding! but he is not as funny about germs and other people touching the plate, fork, bowl, food, or whatever).

My daughter is still in a car seat, so we just use the odd/even thing for the 2 boys for most of the chores and especially the front seat. I am surprised how well it works.

Where is Gillina?

Gillina is currently on a temporary leave of absence from Pampered Chef. We hope to have her back with us soon!

Is Anyone Else Wondering?

We've received a few inquiries about Gillina's whereabouts, but she is simply taking a break from her role at Pampered Chef. We appreciate your concern!

Is it just me?

No, you are not alone in noticing Gillina's absence. We have also noticed that she has not been active on our social media accounts or in our online community. Rest assured that she is still a valued member of our team.

I don't seem to have seen any posts from Gillina lately.

That is correct, Gillina has not been posting on our social media accounts or online community. However, she is still part of the Pampered Chef family and we look forward to her return.

Am I missing something??

No, you are not missing anything. Gillina is currently on a break from her role at Pampered Chef, but we hope to have her back soon. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team with any questions or concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
RudolfH