• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Dannyzmom: Where is Carolyn? Connect with Her and Share Your Thoughts

oh if it was a joke, I HATE when people joke about serious topics like suicide...It was a thread on "vista print" Becky, and it was kind of "wacky". Like I said I'm still not sure if it was a joke or not. If...oh if it was a joke, I HATE when people joke about serious topics like suicide...
baychef
Silver Member
Does anyone know where Carolyn is? I miss her and have not seen her posting on here lately. PM me if you know.
Thanks!

She was posting last night.

I haven't seen any posts from Carolyn in a while Ann. I don't know were she is, hope all is good though. Maybe she is so busy with the biz she doesn't have time to stop in and say hello :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
She was posting last night.

We posted at the same time!!! I missed her posts then..............

She was here this afternoon.

She just got back from a Barry Manilow concert :) She's singing in another thread:sing: :sing: :sing:

GeorgiaPeach said:
She just got back from a Barry Manilow concert :) She's singing in another thread:sing: :sing: :sing:

I was going to say the same thing!
:sing:

I would bet..... she has been on director CS instead of here.

etteluap70PC said:
I would bet..... she has been on director Chef Success instead of here.
Yep, that's my bet too!;)

etteluap70PC said:
I would bet..... she has been on director Chef Success instead of here.

Hmmm...why would you think that?? ;)

She was here Friday b/c we were posting on the same thread that got "wacky."

It's her birthday today...probably out and about

jrstephens said:

That was the thread I was referencing when I said she was posting. "Wacky" is one word for it. I've got other adjectives for it that aren't as nice. I was sitting on my hands (the computer version of biting my tongue :D ) while reading it!

GeorgiaPeach said:
That was the thread I was referencing when I said she was posting. "Wacky" is one word for it. I've got other adjectives for it that aren't as nice. I was sitting on my hands (the computer version of biting my tongue :D ) while reading it!

Maybe more people should sit on their hands...;)

pamperedposey said:
Maybe more people should sit on their hands...;)

Isn't that the truth! It still amazes me how someone can ask for help with something (bookings, a recipe, fundraiser, etc) and it goes off on a personal attack that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

I sometimes read these threads and picture the original poster (who started the thread) shaking their head wondering how "I need help with bookings" becomes "Your momma wears combat boots!" :eek:

jrstephens said:

Guess some days it is good to go to bed early! :eek:

OK, I just checked the thread you were talking about, and holy crap, what is up?

Wacky is NOT the adjective I would use. I'm just shaking my head.

I have found her!!
hug.gif
Thanks to all that posted! She was at the Copa...Copocabana:sing: ...I just worry when she doesn't chime in on things like Rae and her paper gown!

baychef said:
hug.gif
Thanks to all that posted! She was at the Copa...Copocabana:sing: ...I just worry when she doesn't chime in on things like Rae and her paper gown!

I checked in on her a few weeks ago when I hadn't seen her in awhile either and something funny was happening - not like Carolyn to NOT chime in. ;)

All was well then too. :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Isn't that the truth! It still amazes me how someone can ask for help with something (bookings, a recipe, fundraiser, etc) and it goes off on a personal attack that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

I sometimes read these threads and picture the original poster (who started the thread) shaking their head wondering how "I need help with bookings" becomes "Your momma wears combat boots!" :eek:

It seems when some one vents and others offer suggestions to help them, they are attacked. And although I have not read the thread you are referring to, it sounds as if advice and support given but it turns into people wanting to defend the right to complain rather than wanting to try too slove the problem...
I don't get it.

Yo' mamma doesn't wear combat boots, but yo' mamma is so dumb, when her cab went past the YMCA she said, "Lookit' that! They misspelled Macys!"

jrstephens said:

I saw that thread and am still confused if it was a joke or NOT:confused:

I'm clueless (as usual!) and I'm not even sure what thread it was.:confused: Maybe it's better that way.:)

Rennea...I absolutely LOVE your signature! I'm just gonna march myself to the front of the line at Starbucks tomorrow! LOL just kidding.

pamperedbecky said:
I'm clueless (as usual!) and I'm not even sure what thread it was.:confused: Maybe it's better that way.:)

It was a thread on "vista print" Becky, and it was kind of "wacky". Like I said I'm still not sure if it was a joke or not. If it wasn't I'm totally stunned by it!

rennea said:
It was a thread on "vista print" Becky, and it was kind of "wacky". Like I said I'm still not sure if it was a joke or not. If it wasn't I'm totally stunned by it!

I went and found it....WOW. I'm not sure what to say! meh, people have bad days. I'm sure it's nothing.:)

Remember, the Iggy button is your friend.

rennea said:
Thanks....saw it....shook my head a lot.....it provided some good entertainment while watching the Oscars.....not sure what to think about that.

Wacky and weird are good descriptions!:confused:

rennea said:

It's easy to say something snippy and then when others don't like it to say that you were just joking. When you've read enough posts on here you start to pick up personality traits, sense of humor, religious beliefs, etc of different cheffers. There are quite a few people that I'd like to have as friends, some (thankfully a small number) that I'm glad I don't have to talk to on a regular basis :)

I didn't take the comments as humor, they seemed too personal. JMO.

GeorgiaPeach said:
It's easy to say something snippy and then when others don't like it to say that you were just joking. When you've read enough posts on here you start to pick up personality traits, sense of humor, religious beliefs, etc of different cheffers. There are quite a few people that I'd like to have as friends, some (thankfully a small number) that I'm glad I don't have to talk to on a regular basis :)

I didn't take the comments as humor, they seemed too personal. JMO.

I agree with you Lisa. Sometimes I miss out on some threads and conversations and come across something and get the wrong impression. Does anybody know if lastnight was a full moon?;)

rennea said:
I agree with you Lisa. Sometimes I miss out on some threads and conversations and come across something and get the wrong impression. Does anybody know if lastnight was a full moon?;)

I think it was Thursday night. Close enough!

OMG even better Thursday was a full moon.

I thought my DD acted up during a full moon. Who knew it would affect adults too?

pamperedposey said:
I thought my DD acted up during a full moon. Who knew it would affect adults too?

Someone had mentioned to me once that as we know the moon controls the tides and such, why wouldn't have an affect on humans too? We are made of how much liquid? I thought it was interesting to think of it that way.

Kristina21 said:
Someone had mentioned to me once that as we know the moon controls the tides and such, why wouldn't have an affect on humans too? We are made of how much liquid? I thought it was interesting to think of it that way.

They claim there is more crime on a full moon. Don't know if it's true or not.

I was a substitute teacher when my son was in elementary school. The principal always marked the full moon on the large staff calendar!

It all depends who you want to believe
rennea said:
They claim there is more crime on a full moon. Don't know if it's true or not.

According to some sources, the moon does effect behavior and has been known for centuries:

http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/full_moon.htm
by John Townley

At the University of Miami, psychologist Arnold Lieber and his colleagues decided to test the old belief of full-moon “lunacy” which most scientists had written off as an old wives’ tale. The researchers collected data on homicide in Dade County (Miami) over a period of 15 years — 1,887 murders, to be exact. When they matched the incidence of homicide with the phases of the moon, they found, much to their surprise, that the two rose and fell together, almost infallibly, for the entire 15 years! As the full or the new moon approached, the murder rate rose sharply; it distinctly declined during the first and last quarters of the moon.

Of course, for each and every opinion, there is an equal and opposite opinion:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/12/1218_021218_moon.html

John Roach
for National Geographic News

Beware: The moon is full tonight. People will party. Dogs will bite. Robbers will steal. Murderers will kill.

Contrary to popular belief, however, the frequency of these behaviors will probably be no more significant tonight than on any other night of the year, according to scientific reviews of the theory that the full moon alters the way humans and wildlife behave.

"My own opinion is that the case for full moon effects has not been made," said Ivan Kelly, a Canadian psychologist at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Kelly has published 15 papers on the topic and reviewed more than 50 others, including one that covered some 200 studies. He concludes that there is not strong evidence of an effect.

=====================

While you should not make a decision based on anecdotal evidence, there are enough stuidies out there to prove/disprove the theory that it's tough to form an opinion other than by anecdotal evidence.

Me? I'm reserving judgment for now.

I work at a local hospital and when there's a full moon the hospital is usually on a diversion & are sending patients to other hospitals b/c we are full and can't house anymore unless it's a true emergency. Also, our birth rate goes up about 50%-75%. No lie!!

OB wards are notoriously busy during a full moon - as they are also very busy every September.Count backwards.
22wink.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
OB wards are notoriously busy during a full moon - as they are also very busy every September.
My DS was born 3 weeks early - on a full moon. All the nurses were talking about how crazy the Maternity wing was that night.

I want to chime in and repeat KG's statement that the ignore list is your friend. As mentioned above, you really can get a good feel for some people's general outlook by what they post. If someone consistently rubs you the wrong way, or always has something negative to say (and rarely anything creative or helpful), go to their public profile and click the "add to your ignore list" link. You won't see what they post, but will be able to on a case by case basis if curiosity gets the better of you. Trust me- it'll help keep you sane and stress free.Of course, this started out as a thread about Carolyn, and she's NOT on my ignore list. :D

Since she hasn't chimed-in here.....I wonder if we are all on her Ignore List....hmmmm....Carolyn, where are you? Well, she might still be in Manilow heaven.

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
OB wards are notoriously busy during a full moon - as they are also very busy every September.

Hey, whatcha saying about babies born in Sept?;) My dd was born Sept 1. (in '03 it was even Labor Day!)

I've been wondering about Carolyn too, but figured she's just been on director cs more....hope all is well though!

I'm here! I'm here!!
It took me forever to read thruogh this thread - LOL
Now I am curious about that Vista-print thread...did it keep going after I was busy all weekend? As for the poster in question...I vaguely recall her mentioning in a thread a while back that she was on medications...I am just wondering if her meds need to be adjusted. Her behavior on that Vista Print thread was not that of a "well" person - - either she was having a REALLY bad day, or she needs to have her medications adjusted. I am not angry or upset with her, rather just offering her some grace during what is obviously a tough time for her.

dannyzmom said:
Now I am curious about that Vista-print thread...did it keep going after I was busy all weekend?

It didn't keep going thankfully! I think when I posted that we were posting on a "wacky" thread that others started looking at it and then talking about how different it got all of a sudden.:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Count backwards.
22wink.gif

Full moons and snowstorms usually make it the busiest. I went in during a snowstorm with my son and 8 moms arrived within a 3 hour period! That is double what they had rooms for around here.

jrstephens said:
It didn't keep going thankfully! I think when I posted that we were posting on a "wacky" thread that others started looking at it and then talking about how different it got all of a sudden.:D

My goodness...this is Chef Success...you think it isn't full of curious, nosey women?! ;)

(Meant with love, myself included on occasion of course...)

It died...I think...

Carolyn...I second your opinion. I try to extend grace in many circumstances and you may be correct.

Humor is humor...funny...ha-ha...like a clown. When it crosses into personal attacks that are questionable, I don't call that humor anymore or an odd sense of humor.

Many of us "pick" on each other but it is usually VERY apparent it is all in good fun. When you attack someone's work, judgments, etc. in a colder, personal manner, not many take that as humor anymore.

janetupnorth said:
My goodness...this is Chef Success...you think it isn't full of curious, nosey women?! ;)

(Meant with love, myself included on occasion of course...)

US NOSEY ON HERE!!! NEVER!!! I am shocked you would even think that :eek:

GeorgiaPeach said:
I was a substitute teacher when my son was in elementary school. The principal always marked the full moon on the large staff calendar!

I am not a teacher, but I work in a Middle School...heck...you don't have to mark the calendar...just watch the behavior and you will KNOW when the full moon is!! Valentine's Day and spring also have a direct and deranged sort of effect on Middle School aged children...I think one principal put it perfectly...Middle School aged children are simply hormones on sneakers!!
I have not read up on this, just simply watched behaviors...then check the calendar...amazing!
Personally, I am part werewolf...I have a very difficult time sleeping during the full moon phases!

chefann said:
I want to chime in and repeat KG's statement that the ignore list is your friend. As mentioned above, you really can get a good feel for some people's general outlook by what they post. If someone consistently rubs you the wrong way, or always has something negative to say (and rarely anything creative or helpful), go to their public profile and click the "add to your ignore list" link. You won't see what they post, but will be able to on a case by case basis if curiosity gets the better of you. Trust me- it'll help keep you sane and stress free.

Of course, this started out as a thread about Carolyn, and she's NOT on my ignore list. :D
You don't even have to go look - someone will undoubtedly quote the offending text in a later post.

Some people are simply capable of finding the cloud around every silver lining - and seem to have the burning need to point it out to the rest of us.

<h2>1. Where is Carolyn?</h2><p>Unfortunately, I do not have any information on Carolyn's whereabouts. However, you can try reaching out to her directly through a private message or on her social media accounts.</p><h2>2. Is Carolyn still active on the forum?</h2><p>I cannot confirm if Carolyn is still active on the forum. It's possible that she may be taking a break or has shifted her focus to other platforms.</p><h2>3. Can anyone connect me with Carolyn?</h2><p>I am not able to connect you with Carolyn as I do not have her contact information. I suggest sending her a private message or checking her social media accounts for any updates.</p><h2>4. Is there a way to find Carolyn?</h2><p>As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is not within my capabilities to locate individuals. I recommend trying to reach out to Carolyn through private messaging or her social media accounts.</p><h2>5. Has anyone heard from Carolyn recently?</h2><p>I do not have any recent updates on Carolyn's activity. I suggest reaching out to her directly for any updates on her well-being and current status on the forum.</p>

1. Where is Carolyn?

Unfortunately, I do not have any information on Carolyn's whereabouts. However, you can try reaching out to her directly through a private message or on her social media accounts.

2. Is Carolyn still active on the forum?

I cannot confirm if Carolyn is still active on the forum. It's possible that she may be taking a break or has shifted her focus to other platforms.

3. Can anyone connect me with Carolyn?

I am not able to connect you with Carolyn as I do not have her contact information. I suggest sending her a private message or checking her social media accounts for any updates.

4. Is there a way to find Carolyn?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is not within my capabilities to locate individuals. I recommend trying to reach out to Carolyn through private messaging or her social media accounts.

5. Has anyone heard from Carolyn recently?

I do not have any recent updates on Carolyn's activity. I suggest reaching out to her directly for any updates on her well-being and current status on the forum.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg