• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Have All the Strippers Gone?

Carissidy said:
I guess so... so what shall we talk about??

Not really interested in talking about Yeti's or underwear

Could talk about the trips - can't wait to hear!!

I know I was so tired last night I was falling asleep really early - didn't chat much

chef_kimmo said:
Not really interested in talking about Yeti's or underwear

Could talk about the trips - can't wait to hear!!
I know I am excited also... and about the new products!

So how have you been feeling lately? I hope better. didn't you say they had changed your meds - I hope that has helped with the pain.

chef_kimmo said:
I know I was so tired last night I was falling asleep really early - didn't chat much
My eyes are burning!

chef_kimmo said:
So how have you been feeling lately? I hope better. didn't you say they had changed your meds - I hope that has helped with the pain.
It has a bit but hopefully it just keeps getting better

Carissidy said:
I know I am excited also... and about the new products!

Me too! My director said there will be some surprises at Leadership so we will see. (kind get that implication at every conference now - I hope it is good surprises)

Carissidy said:
It has a bit but hopefully it just keeps getting better

better is always good

4,3,2,1 seconds

chef_kimmo said:
better is always good

4,3,2,1 seconds
I have got to get more rest though

I have been wishing for a while that someone would come up with a good fundraiser program for us again.

I attended a meeting here with ED and she spent some time talking about them. Basically saying that HO is open to suggestions but what had been going on wasn't working. I miss the product fundraiser but know it wasn't the best either

Carissidy said:
I have got to get more rest though

I understand and know you have been out of here (or there) earlier lately and that is good for you. I know I need more rest too.

chef_kimmo said:
I have been wishing for a while that someone would come up with a good fundraiser program for us again.

I attended a meeting here with ED and she spent some time talking about them. Basically saying that HO is open to suggestions but what had been going on wasn't working. I miss the product fundraiser but know it wasn't the best either
speaking of fundraisers... my sil wants to do one for their boy scout troop and I know very little about it

OK Kim cant do it anymore... I have to say goodnight. I will back to check here in the a.m. :)

Ok, don't crucify me here, but just have to jump in and clarify what I understand of the past controversary and how this differs from the rest...

First Al, sorry to hear about your loss... :(

Second, on the underwear thread, that was actually supposed to have meaning and take the heat off another potentially volatile thread...and it got on a little tangent but ended quickly. ...and every once inawhile there is a little parody...but then last 10-20 posts and die.

The admins are fine with that and a little fun. What they didn't like was the constant thread of social conversation here that went to thousands of posts and just kept going.

That is at least what I understood of the past controversary. So, I honestly don't know what they will say about this but I would guess this is considered different because it doesn't have a specific purpose and keeps going and going...

Carissidy said:
speaking of fundraisers... my sil wants to do one for their boy scout troop and I know very little about it

I did one a couple years ago for son of a customer - it was for his Boy Scout project.

Right now it is pretty easy to explain --- they sell anything they want out of the catalog and they get 10% with sales up to $600 (may be $650 - brain just shut down on me) --- anything over that they get 15%

They get a small dollar amount for each booking.

The host only gets the Host special for the actual fundraiser but not off of any future bookings

Fundraisers: 10% on first $600 in sales, 15% above that. Host benefit to coordinator. $3 for future bookings.

janetupnorth said:
Fundraisers: 10% on first $600 in sales, 15% above that. Host benefit to coordinator. $3 for future bookings.

See I thought it was $600 but then questioned myself!!! :balloon:

janetupnorth said:
Ok, don't crucify me here, but just have to jump in and clarify what I understand of the past controversary and how this differs from the rest...

First Al, sorry to hear about your loss... :(

Second, on the underwear thread, that was actually supposed to have meaning and take the heat off another potentially volatile thread...and it got on a little tangent but ended quickly. ...and every once inawhile there is a little parody...but then last 10-20 posts and die.

The admins are fine with that and a little fun. What they didn't like was the constant thread of social conversation here that went to thousands of posts and just kept going.

That is at least what I understood of the past controversary. So, I honestly don't know what they will say about this but I would guess this is considered different because it doesn't have a specific purpose and keeps going and going...

In my humble opinion here Janet --- I wouldn't say we are the group who does the crucifying...

I think I would agree with you about the reason for shutting down the stripper thread. In all that happened previously, I have to say it was all handled in fairness and that any threads that went on for endless chit chat about nothing particular were ended.

I can only think that the starting of this thread was more of joke/protest back at the variety of chit chat threads of late.

On a side note: I have to say it is unfortunate that there is so much crucification that goes on --- I have seen it in so many threads where peole are judgemental that I have turned to just reading with a very occassional reply

Last edited:
No problem Kim - not accusing you of crucifying, I just wanted to point out what I "heard" the difference was and let you know in case you didn't hear that but didn't want to be picked on for jumping on your thread to leave that.

I didn't want you to have this one go one forever again with no real point and be back in the same boat.

But don't mind me, I'm up late and in blunt mechanical mode (that's a whole different topic). Off to bed...have a great night!

Psst...on the reading and moving on and judgemental issue...when have you ever been part of a large group of women without bickering and pettyness happening SOMEWHERE along the way...I'm amazed KG and the other guys stick around... :D

Overall, you have to admit though, it's a pretty good group here.

janetupnorth said:
No problem Kim - not accusing you of crucifying, I just wanted to point out what I "heard" the difference was and let you know in case you didn't hear that but didn't want to be picked on for jumping on your thread to leave that.

I didn't want you to have this one go one forever again with no real point and be back in the same boat.

But don't mind me, I'm up late and in blunt mechanical mode (that's a whole different topic). Off to bed...have a great night!

Psst...on the reading and moving on and judgemental issue...when have you ever been part of a large group of women without bickering and pettyness happening SOMEWHERE along the way...I'm amazed KG and the other guys stick around... :D

Bed, you going to bed? Not now! :D

I hear you on the women thing and it could be why I tend to work in industries that are prodominently men (although they can be the same way).

Sometimes I just wish that people would be allowed to say Hey, I messed up (maybe they missed submitting a show to get to a trip by dollars or really screwed up on something like not submitting their Pan-O-Rama points in time) and just to have someone say that's too bad - I know how you feel. The sad part is some of the replies come in as "that is your fault and why didn't you do it" Not like we aren't kicking ourselves enough for it.

I read those threads and say geezz, why! but I was raised differently than those people I guess and that is why it bothers me.

BTW: Yes, I think overall it is a pretty good group. Just had to point out that the attitudes sometimes make it hard...

I enjoy the support many people have for each other

friday said:
i hate to stir up trouble and run, but I just got word that my friend has died. I need to go and spend some time with this idea right now. Please let the others know that I am sorry I missed them.

alison
so sorry to hear that [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

friday said:
Hey, I won a PC purse and a PC shirt at my meeting tonight, and I am seriously looking at the trip requirements.
YAY! That's great!:thumbup:

friday said:
i hate to stir up trouble and run, but I just got word that my friend has died. I need to go and spend some time with this idea right now. Please let the others know that I am sorry I missed them.
:eek: Omgosh! I am so sorry!

Nice protest friday, but it is WAAAAAAY funner over on LF! Besides, I can't keep up with 2 different sites. I get the best of both world over there......PC support and encouragement AND entertaining conversation without judgement.

Christ Follower said:
Nice protest friday, but it is WAAAAAAY funner over on LF! Besides, I can't keep up with 2 different sites. I get the best of both world over there......PC support and encouragement AND entertaining conversation without judgement.

well said :D

Christ Follower said:
VERY MUCH AGREED WITH....

janetupnorth said:

lol

wow- even a debate on here. Too much. Ladies, I was offended- straight out- when we were turned into bad guys for socializing and chased onto another site. But I blew that off at that time. The other site is cool. But when all sorts of nonsense started coming up in threads here I thought- how come its ok for them? And it IS ok for those playing in those threads. Lets not get TOO serious about our jobs that we can't network, socialize and have fun with our coworkers too.
JMHO

friday said:
wow- even a debate on here. Too much. Ladies, I was offended- straight out- when we were turned into bad guys for socializing and chased onto another site. But I blew that off at that time. The other site is cool. But when all sorts of nonsense started coming up in threads here I thought- how come its ok for them? And it IS ok for those playing in those threads. Lets not get TOO serious about our jobs that we can't network, socialize and have fun with our coworkers too.
JMHO

I don't call it a debate...no one seemed to jump on you guys at all here. I just put what I had understood.

Angela put what she thought of it. ;)

I'm just trying to figure out the difference between one endless thread of conversation and 50 shorter threads of conversation. To me the difference is having one endless thread instead of 50 makes it easier to find the threads that are ACTUALLY about PC related stuff. That's just my opinion though.

This thread is ridiculous. If you just wanted to post to start an arguement, why didn't you title it as such?

There is a difference in posts. Non-PC Posts for fun and conversation are one thing. Non-PC postings just to rack-up numbers is another. If you want to rack-up numbers fine, go ahead and do it. Just take ownership of what you are doing..

chef_kimmo said:
In my humble opinion here Janet --- I wouldn't say we are the group who does the crucifying...

I think I would agree with you about the reason for shutting down the stripper thread. In all that happened previously, I have to say it was all handled in fairness and that any threads that went on for endless chit chat about nothing particular were ended.

I can only think that the starting of this thread was more of joke/protest back at the variety of chit chat threads of late.

On a side note: I have to say it is unfortunate that there is so much crucification that goes on --- I have seen it in so many threads where peole are judgemental that I have turned to just reading with a very occassional reply

me too--- just my two cents

friday said:
Any strippers still here? HOw are you all doing? I thought and thought about asking for you, but refrained for the longest time, but since underware and yetis are up for grabs- check in ok?

I went out and got some clothes! ha!:D :D :D

Christ Follower said:

Cheers! Love ya Ellen!

jrstephens said:
I went out and got some clothes! ha!:D :D :D

me too
being naked was just scarey for everyone involved :yuck: :eek: :D

heather9892 said:
me too
being naked was just scarey for everyone involved :yuck: :eek: :D
LOL!!!! I KWYM! So now that I know where you're at.......

"CHEF'S LOUNGE-HAVE FUN- CHILLING WITH OTHER PAMPERED CHEF'S DISCUSSING ANYTHING NOT COVERED ABOVE."

Just a little something I noticed

friday said:
Hey, I won a PC purse and a PC shirt at my meeting tonight, and I am seriously looking at the trip requirements.

That's great friday! Woo Hoo!:chef:

friday said:
OMG. I am so sorry to hear that.

Brandi2007 said:
"CHEF'S LOUNGE-HAVE FUN- CHILLING WITH OTHER PAMPERED CHEF'S DISCUSSING ANYTHING NOT COVERED ABOVE."

:angel: :chef: :angel:

pamperedlinda said:
This thread is ridiculous. If you just wanted to post to start an arguement, why didn't you title it as such?

There is a difference in posts. Non-PC Posts for fun and conversation are one thing. Non-PC postings just to rack-up numbers is another. If you want to rack-up numbers fine, go ahead and do it. Just take ownership of what you are doing..

You are here on this thread to argue. I am here on this thread to connect with my PC pals in a lighter, more social way. THAT is ownership for what I am doing. Like it- stay. Don't like it- skip this thread. Thats why I called it STRIPPER. To call out those who were part of that- not to bring those who already don't like us out.

Brandi2007 said:

You are absolutely correct in that observation. Some people just like to take everything too seriously, and too personally. They should go play where the toys are more to their liking.

Just remember that Greg The Admin was the one who shut the thread down last time, because as he said it was a monster. It wasn't just the cheffers that didn't want to "play".

Greg shut it down and deleted it because of the space it took up. He told us- initialy- to start a NEW one. THEN the new board showed up and we were pushed on. You know, we were all talking PC stuff here until people started bashing us. Go look for yourself.

friday said:
Greg shut it down and deleted it because of the space it took up. He told us- initialy- to start a NEW one. THEN the new board showed up and we were pushed on. You know, we were all talking PC stuff here until people started bashing us. Go look for yourself.

Agreed...we do talk a lot of pc stuff but we also chat with one another. If you look at most of our post they are not to increase numbers but to chat with onanother

pamperedlinda said:

Hi Linda...instead of being negative...how about just skipping the thread if you do not like it?

why try to start a war when there does not have to be one? Can't we all just get along??

nikkijo said:
Hi Linda...instead of being negative...how about just skipping the thread if you do not like it?

why try to start a war when there does not have to be one? Can't we all just get along??
Hi Nikkity Split!!! Where in the world have you been??

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef_2_Four
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies