• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Do You Get Your Motivation From?

In summary, the speaker has been considering quitting their Pampered Chef business due to lack of support. They have only had 7 cooking shows in the past year and have had a hard time getting bookings. They have also received conflicting information and have stopped communicating with their upline. However, they have found motivation from within and are determined to make their business successful. They have turned to resources like online training courses and the CS community for ideas and support. The speaker's "why" for their business is to be able to spend more time with their children and they have decided to take matters into their own hands by starting their own team meetings and doing their own research.
jj16
Gold Member
I've been thinking seriously about quitting. I really don't want to but feel I'm not getting the support so that I can be successful. I started about a year ago. Most months I've qualified because of outside orders not because of cooking shows. I've only had 7 cooking shows in the last year. I usually hear from someone when they want me to bring something, when they have a goal they want, or when they forget to do something. I've had a really hard time getting bookings. I'm running out of contacts. I've gotten conflicting information and really don't know what to do at this point. I've asked for help but it never happens so I've stopped communicating. I'm trying to stick with it even if I have no support but I was wondering where you get your motivation from.

Thanks! :confused:

I understand how you feel. I don't always feel as if I get all the support that I would like from my D, ED and HD. My D works 9-5, and is in CA, so the time zones hinder our ability to connect personally. My ED has had a LOT of personal stuff going on in the last year, and while she's offered to do coaching, it's always unraveled at some point. My HD has a very large team of her own, and while she offers to be of help, I can't expect her to focus on me quite as much as her team, especially when she can't see my numbers.

I've decided that if I really want to get anywhere in this, I have to do it myself. I have to reach out and get the help I need from the resources I have. I've gotten a lot more help out of Tammy Stanley's stuff, than anything else, but the online training courses are fabulous too. I also come here to CS for ideas and support. In the end, no one else is going to work my business as hard as I do. My D can give me ideas on what to say, but I'm the only one that can pick up that phone.

As for motivation, I do believe motivation comes from within. You can give me all the pep talks in the world, but if I don't want to do something, you can't make me want it. So you have to find your "why" and use that. Why did you start your business? What is that reason why you don't want to quit? What is it that you want from this business? I know it's been said a million times, but the reason it gets repeated is because it is just that simple. You have to find your "why" and there is your motivation.

For me, I don't want someone else to raise my children. The big thing was having to wake my son up early in the morning, hearing him cry because he didn't want to get up. I would love to let him sleep in (even if sleeping in is until 8 AM) until he is ready to get up. Heck, I'd love to let myself sleep in instead of hearing that alarm clock.

Once you find your "why" make sure you put it in front of you. Take a picture and post it somewhere you're going to see it all the time.

I have to agree with Noora.

This is my second go with Pampered Chef. (Took some time off while going through a divorce). When I signed up again, I signed under a director that promoted at the same time I did. I believe, she thought because I had done this before, I didn't really need the help or support. However, it had been 2-3 years and a lot had changed during that time. With the new career plan, she is now a TL just like me and I don't receive support from my upline in way. I think alot of it has to do with the distance between me and them. That is why I am starting my own team meetings this month and am working with my team directly.

I decided that if I wanted to to know anything I needed to find it myself and not rely on anyone else. I read almost anything I can get my hands on, do the training's on CC and come her for ideas. What I have taken from Tammy Stanley has been wonderful and I am going to purchase her CD's soon, so I can get the whole picture.

I also work FT and am tired of getting up at o'dark thirty to get to work and then run to pick up my 3 children from various schools and daycare. I want to be home with my kids and be that parent who is in the classroom helping.

My inspiration is looking at my three boy's sleeping, playing and living life to their fullest and know I want them to be able to have a mom that is home when they get home from school. My DH want's our house to be the one full of kid's because everyone one to come over. :)

I also have learned to take my goals and break them down so they don't seem so big. It makes it easier for me to achieve. My long term goal is to not be working FT when my youngest starts school next September (2011).

Well said, Noora. I believe that motivation is intrinsic--that is it has to come from within you. Just as other areas of your life, the more you do, the better you get at it, the more confident you become, the more you do....it's a circle. I will be in this business 10 years on Feb. 1, and it definitely has its ups and downs...but the ups far outweigh the downs, and I personally get a lot of satisfaction when I achieve something I know I worked for.

I would recommend setting small goals to start: don't shoot for 8 shows a month if you haven't had much luck at getting 2--work hard--and I mean hard--to get 2. Work hard to make those 3 contacts a day. Work hard to make 3 contacts today, then tomorrow, then the next day. Work hard to get 1 booking from your show. Then work hard to get 2 bookings from the next show, etc.

Be teachable. When someone you are talking to, be it your director, or another mentor, offers advice, don't take the attitude of "Oh I know that already". Examine yourself and think, "ok, if I know that, am I really truly doing that?". Don't ever stop learning--knowlege is power. There is a lot of information out there--online at CC, at your meetings, here at this website, there's a ton of stuff out there. Keep learning. The more I learn the more I grow.

And don't stop asking for help if you really need it. If you don't try the things that you've learned, and you keep asking, it becomes whining. But if you try the things you've learned and maybe you need to tweak it a bit, that's learning.

Does any of this help?

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated and unsupported in your Pampered Chef journey. I completely understand how discouraging it can be when you're not getting the support you need to be successful. I want you to know that you are not alone in feeling this way and it is completely normal to have ups and downs in your business. First of all, I want to applaud you for sticking with it and trying to make it work even without the support you feel you need. That takes a lot of determination and passion for the products and the business. However, I also want to encourage you to not give up just yet. When things get tough, it's important to take a step back and evaluate what is and isn't working for you.One thing to keep in mind is that every consultant's journey is different and what works for one person may not work for another. It's important to find what works best for you and your business. Have you tried reaching out to your upline or other successful consultants for advice and guidance? They may have some tips and tricks that could help you with bookings and increasing your shows. Additionally, have you considered attending local team meetings or trainings to network with other consultants and get some fresh ideas?Another source of motivation for me is setting goals and having a clear vision of what I want to achieve with my business. This helps keep me focused and driven, even when things get tough. It's also important to remember the reasons why you joined Pampered Chef in the first place and the benefits it has brought to your life. Lastly, don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try new things. You never know what might work for you and your business. And remember, it's okay to take a break and regroup if needed. But don't give up on something you're passionate about without exploring all of your options first. I believe in you and know that you have the potential to be successful in this business. Keep pushing forward and don't hesitate to reach out for help and support.

1. Where do you find inspiration for new Pampered Chef products?

At Pampered Chef, we are constantly looking for ways to innovate and improve our product line. Our primary source of inspiration comes from our customers and their needs. We listen to their feedback and suggestions, and use that to guide our product development process.

2. How do you stay motivated to continuously grow your business?

We are passionate about what we do at Pampered Chef and that drives our motivation. Our team is constantly setting new goals and challenging ourselves to reach higher levels of success. We also have a strong support system within the company and regularly attend training and development sessions to stay motivated and inspired.

3. What motivates you to keep pushing through challenges?

We believe that with every challenge comes an opportunity for growth and improvement. As a team, we are committed to finding solutions and overcoming obstacles. We also have a strong sense of purpose and our mission to bring families together through shared meals keeps us motivated to keep pushing forward.

4. How do you keep your team motivated and engaged?

We prioritize open communication and collaboration within our team. We regularly hold team meetings to discuss progress, address any challenges, and celebrate our successes. We also encourage team members to share their ideas and suggestions, and recognize their contributions to the company's growth.

5. Where do you find motivation during difficult times?

During challenging times, we turn to our core values and mission as a company. We also draw motivation from our customers and their positive feedback. Additionally, our team supports and uplifts each other, keeping our spirits high and motivation strong.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
Replies
Views
pampered1224