• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Addresses for Local Announcements: A Frustrating Journey

In summary, Andrea recommends looking for announcements in the phone book or using zabasearch.com. She has had success with sending letters and Season's Best cards. She does not do follow up.
Jayne
Gold Member
:confused: I went out a got the Sunday paper for 2 different cities around me to get the latest announcements so I could send some PC info. to them. Well.....when I got to the newspaper pages w/the announcements there were no addresses! Is there an easy way to attain them?

You have to look in the phone book or do like I do and search zabasearch.com. I do two or more searches using a combo of the bride, groom and parents of the bride and groom. When I get two matching addresses that's where I send the announcement to. It takes some time but I get very few returned.

soonerchef said:
You have to look in the phone book or do like I do and search zabasearch.com. I do two or more searches using a combo of the bride, groom and parents of the bride and groom. When I get two matching addresses that's where I send the announcement to. It takes some time but I get very few returned.

What has your success rate been with this and what exactly do you send?

AmyjonesPC said:
What has your success rate been with this and what exactly do you send?

Not really great I must say. Last time I sent out 20 letters and got 4 responses. I would like more of a response but, if the 4 that are interested sign up that will more than pay for the postage!!

Do you send a letter or card? What do you include? 4 out of 20 is still a good ratio I think. Do you do any follow up?

I have sent a letter with the new Registry Rewards flyer, next time I will clip the announcement article to go with it. I put on the letter that I have a gift for them but I would like them to contact me so that I know I have the correct address. That way when they do contact me I know that they are interested. I don't do any follow up as the brides can be somewhat "bridezilla-ish" towards us, I don't know if I can handle that and it could be a waste of time. So, I just go with the ones who contact me...I send them a Season's Best and follow up with them every few weeks.

soonerchef said:
I have sent a letter with the new Registry Rewards flyer, next time I will clip the announcement article to go with it. I put on the letter that I have a gift for them but I would like them to contact me so that I know I have the correct address. That way when they do contact me I know that they are interested. I don't do any follow up as the brides can be somewhat "bridezilla-ish" towards us, I don't know if I can handle that and it could be a waste of time. So, I just go with the ones who contact me...I send them a Season's Best and follow up with them every few weeks.

Hi Andrea I must say I have received really good info from your posts:) Thanks! I'm wondering about the letter you send to future brides Do you have a copy of one you can post? I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say....... Also, you clip the announcement of the engagement and send it to them? Is that so they know you read it? Thanks!

pampermeRai said:
Hi Andrea I must say I have received really good info from your posts:) Thanks! I'm wondering about the letter you send to future brides Do you have a copy of one you can post? I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say....... Also, you clip the announcement of the engagement and send it to them? Is that so they know you read it? Thanks!

Yes, you can add something to your letter about remembering how you never had enough newspaper clippings to give everyone. but it also clues them in on how you found them. Here is my letter. It needs a little updating though.

Attachments

• bridal letter.doc
    61 KB · Views: 727
pampermeRai said:

I might have posted the letter here before but I can't remember...having one of those days! I will see if I can re-post it in a bit...

Oh, and you are welcome!

here is my letter...

Attachments

• Congratulations 2.doc
    32 KB · Views: 451
bbauman07 said:
Yes, you can add something to your letter about remembering how you never had enough newspaper clippings to give everyone. but it also clues them in on how you found them. Here is my letter. It needs a little updating though.
Thanks! This really helps:)

engagement letterhere is the letter I found a few weeks ago on loop...so sorry I don't know who originally posted it!! I mail this out with the wedding registry and bridal shower flyer from PC. I also include my business card on a magnet. I do a white pages search on google to find the addresses if I can't find them in my local phone book. I have mailed out 12 so far and have one definite response and getting ready to set hers up. I only had one returned with the wrong address. I figure even one is worth it so far. I'm hoping some of the others are just not ready to set up yet.

On another note, has anyone bought into the David's Bridal Shop vendors program? Just curious! I got a call from the corporate office and the guy made it sound like so many PC consultants were buying into this...at $275.00 a month and a 1 year minimum commitment I'm just wondering how many are doing it. Below is the letter he sent me

Dear Karlene Reaser:
Thanks for you interest in our vendor program. I am pleased to provide you some basic information regarding our program.

First, a look at what we can help your business accomplish through our Vendor Program:
· Increase exposure of your company to newly engaged brides through your local David's Bridal store location.
· Leverage the nationally recognized David's Bridal brand and promotional campaigns to drive traffic to your business.
· Ultimately – generate more revenue, increase profits and grow your business.

Next, a detailed description of what benefits our Vendor Program will provide you:
· In person, in-store promotion to our brides during special events and sales. This provides you the ability to meet with our brides and personally promote your business in a David's Bridal store.
· Bi-weekly lead sheet delivered electronically or via postal delivery containing key contact information for our bridal customers to include their name, address, telephone, email, wedding date, etc as provided by the customer.

· Marketing collateral distributed to all brides in the store through our Wedding Services Board and bag inserts.(when available)You provide the flyers, pamphlets and handouts.

Finally, some staggering information regarding David's Bridal and the Vendor Program:
· David's Bridal is the largest bridal retailer in the country providing you early access to brides.
· The David's Bridal Vendor Program takes the qualities of many successful business marketing tools and rolls them into one powerful, multifaceted marketing program designed to generate results for your business.

All of this is available to you for a monthly fee of $275.00 per month. A 1 year agreement is required and your first 2 months fees are due at signing.

I am looking forward to your questions and working with you to help build your business through the David's Bridal Vendor Program. Please don't hesitate to contact me at your convenience. If you are seriously considering I recommend you fill out the attached application ASAP. I do fill the stores on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Regards,

Michael Juiliano
Account Executive
David's Bridal Vendor Program
Phone: (610) 579-3956
Toll Free: (800) 823-2403 ext. 5140
Facsimile: (610) 410-8174

Attachments

• wedding engagement letter.doc
    67 KB · Views: 602
Karlene - I too am curious if anyone has done the David's bridal vendor program. I got married 2 1/2 years ago and got my wedding dress at David's and saw all the other vendor's business cards, etc there and was curious about how to do that. I called and got a form (not sure where that is now however) but did not know it was $275 a month! Wow! That is pretty pricey!

Does anyone have a letter that they send to people that you know personally that are getting married to introduce them to the wedding registry and shower??? I would love to see it. Thanks in advance.

1. How do I find addresses for local announcements?

To find addresses for local announcements, start by checking your contact list for any friends, family, or acquaintances who live in the area. You can also try searching for local organizations or businesses that may have public contact information available. Additionally, social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn can be a great resource for finding addresses of people in your community.

2. Is there a specific website or database I can use to find addresses?

Unfortunately, there is no one specific website or database that can provide addresses for local announcements. However, there are various online directories and search engines that can help you locate addresses based on a person's name or location. It may also be helpful to reach out to your local post office for assistance.

3. How can I ensure the addresses I find are accurate and up-to-date?

The best way to ensure the accuracy and currency of your addresses is to verify them with the recipients directly. This can be done through a phone call, email, or even a quick message on social media. You can also consider sending out a test announcement to a small group of addresses to see if they are received successfully.

4. What should I do if I can't find an address for someone I want to invite?

If you are unable to find an address for someone you want to invite, you can try reaching out to mutual friends or acquaintances to see if they have the information. Additionally, you can leave a message for the person through social media or send them an email asking for their address.

5. Are there any alternative solutions for finding addresses for local announcements?

Aside from using online resources and reaching out to friends and family, you can also consider using a physical address book or creating a spreadsheet to keep track of addresses. This can be especially helpful for future announcements and events. You can also consider hosting a local event or gathering where you can hand out invitations in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
soonerchef
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp