• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where do you get the addresses for the Engagement Announcements in the Newpaper?

Jayne

Member
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
230
0
:confused: I went out a got the Sunday paper for 2 different cities around me to get the latest announcements so I could send some PC info. to them. Well.....when I got to the newspaper pages w/the announcements there were no addresses! Is there an easy way to attain them?
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
You have to look in the phone book or do like I do and search zabasearch.com. I do two or more searches using a combo of the bride, groom and parents of the bride and groom. When I get two matching addresses that's where I send the announcement to. It takes some time but I get very few returned.
 

AmyjonesPC

Member
Oct 16, 2005
77
0
soonerchef said:
You have to look in the phone book or do like I do and search zabasearch.com. I do two or more searches using a combo of the bride, groom and parents of the bride and groom. When I get two matching addresses that's where I send the announcement to. It takes some time but I get very few returned.

What has your success rate been with this and what exactly do you send?
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
AmyjonesPC said:
What has your success rate been with this and what exactly do you send?

Not really great I must say. Last time I sent out 20 letters and got 4 responses. I would like more of a response but, if the 4 that are interested sign up that will more than pay for the postage!!
 

AmyjonesPC

Member
Oct 16, 2005
77
0
Do you send a letter or card? What do you include? 4 out of 20 is still a good ratio I think. Do you do any follow up?
 

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
I have sent a letter with the new Registry Rewards flyer, next time I will clip the announcement article to go with it. I put on the letter that I have a gift for them but I would like them to contact me so that I know I have the correct address. That way when they do contact me I know that they are interested. I don't do any follow up as the brides can be somewhat "bridezilla-ish" towards us, I don't know if I can handle that and it could be a waste of time. So, I just go with the ones who contact me...I send them a Season's Best and follow up with them every few weeks.
 

pampermeRai

Member
Mar 12, 2006
91
0
soonerchef said:
I have sent a letter with the new Registry Rewards flyer, next time I will clip the announcement article to go with it. I put on the letter that I have a gift for them but I would like them to contact me so that I know I have the correct address. That way when they do contact me I know that they are interested. I don't do any follow up as the brides can be somewhat "bridezilla-ish" towards us, I don't know if I can handle that and it could be a waste of time. So, I just go with the ones who contact me...I send them a Season's Best and follow up with them every few weeks.

Hi Andrea I must say I have received really good info from your posts:) Thanks! I'm wondering about the letter you send to future brides Do you have a copy of one you can post? I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say....... Also, you clip the announcement of the engagement and send it to them? Is that so they know you read it? Thanks!
 

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
1,473
2
pampermeRai said:
Hi Andrea I must say I have received really good info from your posts:) Thanks! I'm wondering about the letter you send to future brides Do you have a copy of one you can post? I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say....... Also, you clip the announcement of the engagement and send it to them? Is that so they know you read it? Thanks!


Yes, you can add something to your letter about remembering how you never had enough newspaper clippings to give everyone. but it also clues them in on how you found them. Here is my letter. It needs a little updating though.
 

Attachments

  • bridal letter.doc
    61 KB · Views: 660

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,523
0
pampermeRai said:
Hi Andrea I must say I have received really good info from your posts:) Thanks! I'm wondering about the letter you send to future brides Do you have a copy of one you can post? I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say....... Also, you clip the announcement of the engagement and send it to them? Is that so they know you read it? Thanks!

I might have posted the letter here before but I can't remember...having one of those days! I will see if I can re-post it in a bit...

Oh, and you are welcome!
 

pampermeRai

Member
Mar 12, 2006
91
0
bbauman07 said:
Yes, you can add something to your letter about remembering how you never had enough newspaper clippings to give everyone. but it also clues them in on how you found them. Here is my letter. It needs a little updating though.
Thanks! This really helps:)
 
K

karlene

Guest
engagement letter

here is the letter I found a few weeks ago on loop...so sorry I don't know who originally posted it!! I mail this out with the wedding registry and bridal shower flyer from PC. I also include my business card on a magnet. I do a white pages search on google to find the addresses if I can't find them in my local phone book. I have mailed out 12 so far and have one definite response and getting ready to set hers up. I only had one returned with the wrong address. I figure even one is worth it so far. I'm hoping some of the others are just not ready to set up yet.

On another note, has anyone bought into the David's Bridal Shop vendors program? Just curious! I got a call from the corporate office and the guy made it sound like so many PC consultants were buying into this...at $275.00 a month and a 1 year minimum commitment I'm just wondering how many are doing it. Below is the letter he sent me

Dear Karlene Reaser:
Thanks for you interest in our vendor program. I am pleased to provide you some basic information regarding our program.

First, a look at what we can help your business accomplish through our Vendor Program:
· Increase exposure of your company to newly engaged brides through your local David's Bridal store location.
· Leverage the nationally recognized David's Bridal brand and promotional campaigns to drive traffic to your business.
· Ultimately – generate more revenue, increase profits and grow your business.

Next, a detailed description of what benefits our Vendor Program will provide you:
· In person, in-store promotion to our brides during special events and sales. This provides you the ability to meet with our brides and personally promote your business in a David's Bridal store.
· Bi-weekly lead sheet delivered electronically or via postal delivery containing key contact information for our bridal customers to include their name, address, telephone, email, wedding date, etc as provided by the customer.

· Marketing collateral distributed to all brides in the store through our Wedding Services Board and bag inserts.(when available)You provide the flyers, pamphlets and handouts.

Finally, some staggering information regarding David's Bridal and the Vendor Program:
· David's Bridal is the largest bridal retailer in the country providing you early access to brides.
· The David's Bridal Vendor Program takes the qualities of many successful business marketing tools and rolls them into one powerful, multifaceted marketing program designed to generate results for your business.

All of this is available to you for a monthly fee of $275.00 per month. A 1 year agreement is required and your first 2 months fees are due at signing.

I am looking forward to your questions and working with you to help build your business through the David's Bridal Vendor Program. Please don't hesitate to contact me at your convenience. If you are seriously considering I recommend you fill out the attached application ASAP. I do fill the stores on a first-come-first-serve basis.


Regards,

Michael Juiliano
Account Executive
David's Bridal Vendor Program
Phone: (610) 579-3956
Toll Free: (800) 823-2403 ext. 5140
Facsimile: (610) 410-8174
 

Attachments

  • wedding engagement letter.doc
    67 KB · Views: 523

momoftwins

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2005
1,107
0
Karlene - I too am curious if anyone has done the David's bridal vendor program. I got married 2 1/2 years ago and got my wedding dress at David's and saw all the other vendor's business cards, etc there and was curious about how to do that. I called and got a form (not sure where that is now however) but did not know it was $275 a month! Wow! That is pretty pricey!

Does anyone have a letter that they send to people that you know personally that are getting married to introduce them to the wedding registry and shower??? I would love to see it. Thanks in advance.
 
Top