1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Where do you buy your supplies?

Where do you buy your supplies?

1. Office Depot

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Office Max

9 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Staples

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Walmart

22 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Walgreens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. CVS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Amazon

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. Other - Please comment

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

Where do you buy your supplies? and Online or Offline?

Apr 11, 2012
  2. Telynn

Telynn Member

I search for the most economical price for the item(s) i need at the time - and use either brick and morter/online based on that price

Apr 11, 2012
  3. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Didn't see a vote option for online or brick & mortar. I voted Staples and I do brick & mortar, though I was "upgraded" in their reward program to free shipping so I might start doing some shopping online. I recycle my ink cartridges with them and get other reward certificates.

Apr 11, 2012
  4. ChefPeg

ChefPeg Advanced Member Gold Member

Fred Meyer because it's close. Sometimes Walmart if I'm in the area and need something. But with the way I've been using up 1" x 2½" labels, I should just buy them from Costco!

Apr 11, 2012
  5. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I get mine at WalMart, Sams and Staples...generally in the store...whichever has the best sale.

Apr 11, 2012
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Usually Office Max but if I know a head of time I'll order with our discount through Office Depot.

Apr 11, 2012
  7. EmilyStraw

EmilyStraw Member

I use Office Depot because they ship to my door for free and that way I don't have to drag 3 little kids to the store.

Apr 11, 2012
  8. pchockeymom

pchockeymom Veteran Member

Costco-paper, plastic page protectors, file folders, manilla envelops
    WalMart-pocket folders at back to school time, pens, pencils
    Office Max- printer ink when I get the 20% off bag in the paper

The only supplies I buy online are from PC

Apr 11, 2012
  9. vmgcooks

vmgcooks Member Gold Member

I buy my supplies at lots of different place - Staples, Sam's Club, Walmart, Target, etc. Whether I make purchases online or off-line depends on price, shipping costs and how urgently I need the item(s). I usually buy my labels in bulk at Onlinelabels.com.

Apr 11, 2012
  10. monique64

monique64 Gold Member

I do my labels through Vista Print. And some other stationary type things too.

Apr 11, 2012
  11. higoobs

higoobs Member Gold Member

i go to the nearest store...walmart, office depot. It depends on where Im at at the time.

Apr 12, 2012
  12. chefa

chefa Advanced Member

I generally use Office Depot, HEB, Walmart if it's ER and I NEED it now, Office Max, SAMs if I'm there and happen to see something I need.

Apr 12, 2012
  13. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Like others, it is a mix, but usually at Office Max, since I have a Perks card. Staples is closer, but unless something is on sale or its needed right away, I dont typically shop there. Same for Walmart or Target. office Depot is too far.

So really, it is about price and location. :balloon:

Apr 12, 2012
  14. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

For me it's a variety of places, though, I tend to do more brick and mortar shopping than online. It depends on the urgency of the need and whether or not I know exactly what I want. If I'm unsure, I want to hold things in my hand to make comparisons.

Apr 12, 2012
  15. Brenda.the.chef

Brenda.the.chef Advanced Member Gold Member

I use my current full time employer discount with Office Max for 90% of my supplies. It's nice because I get the prices that are contract with my university. I also shop at WalMart and Target when necessary.

16. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

I get my copies through Office Depot (online with our perks). I also will purchase my labels there too. Otherwise, I shop at Walmart for pens, folders, and sometimes ink. sometimes I pick my ink up at CVS (as it is closest).
    I wish we had a brick and mortar nearby, but we only have Staples.

Apr 12, 2012
  17. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I voted Office Max because that's where I get most of my exclusive to PC supplies (blank labels, biz card magnets) but it is a mix. Staples when I get something free or ink recycling rewards. Walmart or Amazon for everything else. (paper, envelopes, ink most of the time.)

18. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Strange - when I tried to vote, it said I already had voted...even though this is the first time I've seen this thread.

My vote is mostly for "Other". I buy envelopes, paper, pens, printer ink, etc...from Costco.

Onlinelables.com for my labels.

Back to school sales at Target and Meijer for folders, and other supplies that are a great deal at that time.

Office Max for other misc. things (name tags, stationary...)

We also have a Staples close by, but it's always messy, a bit crowded feeling, and sort of dark in there. I prefer Office Max because it's brighter, the aisles are much wider, and it's cleaner.

May 3, 2012
  19. I pretty much hit up the back to school sales at every brick & motar in my area like a mad woman, and hoard supplies that I get for free or close to it. :D My Sunday afternoons & Monday mornings in July & August are like Black Friday. LOL

Then I fill in with whatever deals I find as I'm out & about the rest of the year. Whether I am low on them or not, I pick up the rest of the supplies that I know I'll need whenever the price is right.

FWIW, my father was an office supplies salesman when I was a little girl, and I *still* LOOOVE shopping for/buying/hoarding/playing with office supplies. LOL Playing "office" when I was in elementary school was one of my favorite pretend activities. No wonder I get so lost in paperwork when I am putting off peoplework aka, phone calls, etc.

20. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

That's a good idea. Take advantage of the back to school deals!

Jun 14, 2012
  21. abigailhutch

abigailhutch Member

Unfortunately in my small town Walmart is my only option, but totally just learned at my meeting this week that we can order copies from Office Depot online & they will mail them to us! I had no idea! This is great for like upcoming host/guest specials to actually have nice copies!

Jun 15, 2012
  22. Online - Quill, Amazon, Levenger etc

Dec 25, 2017
  23. WOW, that's great info abigailhutch - I didn't know that!!! Will be checking that out for sure!

Dec 25, 2017
Have something to add?