• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where do you begin?

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
636
1
I'm in the middle of my first SS and I have no idea on where to begin to have a fundraiser. I'd love to be able to help someone out in any way I can. Any ideas?
 

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
13,006
42
TinasKitchen said:
I'm in the middle of my first SS and I have no idea on where to begin to have a fundraiser. I'd love to be able to help someone out in any way I can. Any ideas?
Begin by telling people what you offer. Tell them at your shows, at your local schools and daycares, at your local churches, scout groups. Put a note up on the local community board. Put together a letter - there are some posted on this site to give you a start.

Point out that if they have people participating and each sells $100 (that's 3 choppers and 1 bakers roller) the organization will get $1,500! That doesn't include the $$ for bookings and any other incentive you might have.

It's good to find out the # of people in the group and adjust the numbers to fit. I would say to them that maybe half won't participate and do the numbers with that figure. They will think "we can get even more than half to do this". If they're right the fundraiser is even more successful if you're right they appreciate that you were realistic with them.
 

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
636
1
Thank you

Thank you Beth. I only had my own show so far and I have my first outside cooking show in 2 wks.. I'll have to try to remember to fit that in.

So in other words if someone would like to do a fundraiser say for cheerleading. I can ask 40 moms (and only 1/2 will do it?) to sell at least $100 worth of products in outside sales. The proceeds will give them $1500? or is that what I have to figure out? how many sell $100 and what percentage does P.C. give to them? And I get commission on their sales?

Sorry for the questions.. just trying to get myself straight on it so I seem to know what I'm talking about lol
 

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
13,006
42
TinasKitchen said:
Thank you Beth. I only had my own show so far and I have my first outside cooking show in 2 wks.. I'll have to try to remember to fit that in.

So in other words if someone would like to do a fundraiser say for cheerleading. I can ask 40 moms (and only 1/2 will do it?) to sell at least $100 worth of products in outside sales. The proceeds will give them $1500? or is that what I have to figure out? how many sell $100 and what percentage does P.C. give to them? And I get commission on their sales?

Sorry for the questions.. just trying to get myself straight on it so I seem to know what I'm talking about lol
No, the math is as follows:

# participating x $100 sold by each (this is their goal that you set for them) = $xxxx times 15% = profit.

40 participants - 20 because there are always those who just don't do it or maybe some will just order a little for themselves = 20 selling x $100 in sales each (hopefully) = $2000 in sales x 15% profit from PC = $300 cash for the organization.

Your commission is 15% unless you have hit $15,000 in sales then it's 17%.
 

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
636
1
I think I'm brain dead

Ok so the 15% is for the organization and then I get 15% of the total sales too..

20 x 100 = 2000 x 15% so both of us would get $300 profit on $2000 sales.. am I correct?

Why do I feel so dumb right now? lol
 

Kelley Sells

Member
Feb 2, 2006
345
0
Hi Tina,

Rule of thumb, for fundraisers, sales 600 and over, PC will donate 15% of the sales amount to the organization. Under 600.00, it is 10% of sales.

The only Host Benefit that applies to fundraisers is the Host Special.

Does that help?

Your buddy, Kelley

PS. Got the pink and white polka dot cups and saucers today....they are GORGEOUS.........:p
 

cat

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2006
1,102
0
TinasKitchen said:
Ok so the 15% is for the organization and then I get 15% of the total sales too..

20 x 100 = 2000 x 15% so both of us would get $300 profit on $2000 sales.. am I correct?

Why do I feel so dumb right now? lol

Hi Tina,

Yes, that is correct!
 
Feb 4, 2006
17
0
Tina...

Also worth considering...If it is a cause you feel is worth supporting, you can also donate part of your commission. IMO, Fundraisers are for the cause and the bookings rather than getting rich (though that would be nice also).

For example, I'm doing the Relay For Life FRs (btw, I HIGHLY suggest it!). I have two teams doing catalog shows and another doing a kitchen show but will have the materials to get outside orders from everyone that can't make it to the show until then. These are highly motivated women and I know they'll do well. Anyway, for the kitchen show one, on top of their 15% plus $3/booking, *I* am offering:

5% from me
1% bonus at key milestones (2,500; 5,000; 7,500; 10,000; 15,000; 20,000)
$3/booking from me

On top of all that, there are incentives and such. I need to figure out exactly which ones I am going to use, but I'm looking at:

name in drawing for gift:
*for every person you bring
*every outside order you bring
*if you bring the most people
*if you bring the most orders
*for each booking

Also, the person with the highest sales with get $15 of free product. The person with the greatest number of bookings will also get $15 in free product.

I want to give to guests bringing friends, but I'm afraid of spending too much money. I mean, I really think these women (because of their reputation) will go gangbusters on this and so I could end up really spending a lot, even if it were just season's best cookbooks!

The ones that are just catalog shows will skip the drawing and the guest-bringing-friend gifts.

On top of all this, I can set up at the event itself. I can't sell product directly (because I'd have to get 100% of the proceeds, not profit to ACS), but I can do demos, set up shows, do a drawing, etc.

Pamela
 
Top