• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising Tips: How to Plan a Small Fundraiser for Your Child's Daycare

In summary, Chef suggests organizing a small fundraiser by demoing recipes and giving catalogs to guests. He also suggests coordinating a catalog show with friends and family.
BadGirl
Gold Member
:chef:I need to put together a small fundraiser for my son's daycare. I have no clue on how to do this; I've never done a fundraising show before. The daycare only has 22 children, so obviously, this fundraiser is pretty small, by most people's standards.

My initial thought was to have a cooking show at my house, inviting all of the interested moms and dads. I'd demo a few recipes, let people handle and try out the different products, and let them order whatever they wanted.

Secondary to that, I would also have catalog show packets to give to each guest, asking that they take the catalogs and outside order forms to hand out to their friends/co-workers/family and coordinate their own "catalog show", then have them return the OOF's and money to me by a certain date.

This way, people NOT interested in holding their own show can still order something from me, but people who do hold their own catalog show have the option to get a lot more orders, and consequently raise far more money than me doing my own solo show.

Do you think that this method would work?
Do you have better suggestions that I could follow?
For each person that does elect to have a catalog show, do they get the hostess special for the month?

I'd love to hear any suggestions that you may have.

Thanks!

I think its a great idea!

Yes, they do get the special I believe.

BadGirl said:
:chef:I need to put together a small fundraiser for my son's daycare. I have no clue on how to do this; I've never done a fundraising show before. The daycare only has 22 children, so obviously, this fundraiser is pretty small, by most people's standards.

My initial thought was to have a cooking show at my house, inviting all of the interested moms and dads. I'd demo a few recipes, let people handle and try out the different products, and let them order whatever they wanted.

Secondary to that, I would also have catalog show packets to give to each guest, asking that they take the catalogs and outside order forms to hand out to their friends/co-workers/family and coordinate their own "catalog show", then have them return the OOF's and money to me by a certain date.

This way, people NOT interested in holding their own show can still order something from me, but people who do hold their own catalog show have the option to get a lot more orders, and consequently raise far more money than me doing my own solo show.

Do you think that this method would work?
Do you have better suggestions that I could follow?
For each person that does elect to have a catalog show, do they get the hostess special for the month?

I'd love to hear any suggestions that you may have.

Thanks!

This is exactly how I would do it - except that I wouldn't consider everyone collecting orders as their own catalog show - they are just collecting orders to help with the fundraiser.

That way - there is only one host special...and you could do something with that - like the person who collects the most orders, or the highest $$ amount in orders would get it.

Oh, thanks so much for the ideas. I love it!

The daycare is trying to raise money for our local Cancer society, so I'm going to see if I can get this organized quickly so that we can qualify for the Help Whip Cancer promotion going on for October. [The daycare had originally wanted to get this together for the November timeframe]. {Thinking to myself: even if they stick with the November timeframe, maybe I can go now to the Outlet website and order some HWC pink items now to use as incentives for later].

My primary employer used to participate in February's Daffodil Days fundraiser, but the Cancer Society is apparently discontinuing that program, so perhaps I can step in with a PC fundraiser to help them out.

Again, thanks for the ideas!

Oh - one other thing...if you treat everyone's orders as their own catalog show, very likely the total amount raised will be less. If a fundraiser is less than $600, they only get 10%, and $600 or more is 15%... so a bunch of $200 catalog shows will raise less than pooling them together and turning in one $1200 fundraiser.

(does that make sense?:confused:)

1. Where can I find a list of all the products offered by Pampered Chef?

You can find a comprehensive list of all our products on our website. Simply click on the "Products" tab on the top menu to browse through our categories and products.

2. How do I place an order for Pampered Chef products?

You can place an order through our website, by calling our customer service line, or by attending a Pampered Chef party hosted by a consultant. You can also contact a consultant directly to place an order.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

As a host, you can earn free products, discounts, and exclusive offers based on the total sales from your party. You also get the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, and have a fun time with friends and family.

4. Are there any special offers or promotions currently available?

Yes, we often have various promotions and special offers for our customers. You can check our website or contact a consultant to find out about any ongoing promotions.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

You can become a consultant by signing up on our website or by contacting a consultant directly. Our team will provide you with all the necessary information and support to start your own Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Citchen Couture
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
AbbyCookn4U