• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings Where can I get leads for Fairs

Nov 16, 2005
For those of you that have done festivals and fairs where do you get the leads for those. I don't have a director in my area so I have to set up my own events...I am interested is doing some events but don't know where to get started...can any one offer any advice?:confused:

Sk8Mom209

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Contact your

Local Chamber of Commerce or Visitors and Conventions Bureau. Both of these resources should have a very good schedule of events in your community. You can also check neighboring communities.

Other useful info/tips:

If the vendor fees are more than you think you can handle alone, or the event is more than a few hours, or multiple days, offer time slots to other consultants in your cluster. Festivals and Fairs are great for booking and recruiting leads. However, they do take a toll on you if you are the only consultant working the booth. I do a small street fair in my town each year and it is only one day from about 10 in the morning to 3:45 in the afternoon. However, my set up time last year was 6:00 am and I could not bring my vehicle back on the Main Street to pack up until 4:00 p.m. It rained that day, so I could not pre-pack my vehicle so I was up at 4:30 am - it was a very long day! It was worth it but, I think maybe next year I will see if I can get one other consultant to work for a couple of hours.

Also, check out joining your local Chamber of Commerce. I did this and the vendor fees in my town are about half the price now that I get the member discount.

Good luck!

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Definately check out the COC and you can also check with the City Hall.