• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Can I Find What Acs Does With the Hwc Funds?

In summary, the HWC (Help Whip Cancer) fund is a charitable program created by Pampered Chef to support the American Cancer Society (ACS). The funds raised through this program are used by ACS to support cancer research, patient services, and education programs. There are multiple ways to contribute to the HWC fund, such as making a direct donation, purchasing select products, or hosting a fundraiser party. The list of products that support the fund can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "HWC Fund" tab. It should be noted that Pampered Chef only donates a portion of the sales from select products to the HWC fund. Since its establishment in 2000, the HWC fund has raised over $12
sarahsworld2000
I remember seeing in the past a really touching story of the things ACS does with the funds that we raise with the HWC items. Like buying wigs for the ladies going through chemo, and getting rides to and from treatment so the husbands don't have to take off work so they can still have some income on payday. Does anyone know where I can find that stuff? Trying to gear up for a booth and we always get a lot of people that say "I already donate for breast cancer research" and I wanted to have a really touching way to say that we are differnt. :)
But I've been searching foever and I can't find it. Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that the HWC funds are breast cancer specific and go towards breast cancer education and early detection of breast cancer programs, not what you are describing.
The transportation to and from treatments (chemo, surgery, radiation, etc.) is done by local volunteers with ACS, they receive no monetary compensation for this. The wigs are donated new and used wigs and provided to patients whose insurance does not cover the cost of a wig and patients with a financial need. Both of these are available to patients with any cancer, not just breast.

The FAQs under Charitable Giving Programs, Help Whip Cancer will give you that info I did attach that. You can see that the 2011 FAQs does mention the wigs, transportation so...

Attachments

• FAQs.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 435
  • p4831-032013us-hwcfaq.pdf
    233.7 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:

What is the HWC fund and what does ACS do with it?

The HWC (Help Whip Cancer) fund is a charitable program created by Pampered Chef to support the American Cancer Society (ACS). ACS uses the funds raised through this program to support cancer research, patient services, and education programs.

How can I contribute to the HWC fund?

There are several ways you can contribute to the HWC fund. You can make a direct donation through our website, purchase select Pampered Chef products that support the fund, or host a HWC fundraiser party where a portion of the sales will be donated to ACS.

Where can I find the list of products that support the HWC fund?

The list of products that support the HWC fund can be found on our website under the "HWC Fund" tab. You can also find them in our catalog and through your consultant.

Does Pampered Chef donate all proceeds from the HWC fund?

No, Pampered Chef donates a portion of the sales from select products to the HWC fund. The amount donated varies depending on the product.

What impact has the HWC fund had on cancer research and patients?

Since its inception in 2000, the HWC fund has raised over $12 million for ACS. This has helped fund groundbreaking research, provide support for cancer patients and their families, and spread awareness about cancer prevention and early detection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • redsoxgirl