1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Where can i buy sorbet?

1. I didn't realize that finding sorbet was going to be so difficult. I would love to try the new Tropical Torte w/pineapple - but can't find Mango Sorbet. Can't find any sorbet honestly.
    and the Lemon Gingertini's sound awesome, but don't have Lemon Sorbet.

I live in Mid-Wisconsin. Anyone know where i can purchase sorbet?

Am i wrong to look in the ice cream section of the grocery store?

Mar 10, 2009
  2. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I was going to say look in the ice cream section. If you have a Baskin N Robbins Ice Cream store you can try them.

Mar 10, 2009
  3. no Baskin Robbins. My closest big town is Wausau.

Mar 10, 2009
  4. Jessamary

Jessamary Member

I'm in the Dells. Wal-Mart has it. Usually between the ice cream and the popsicles.

Mar 10, 2009
  5. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

we have been making the gingertinis (non alcoholic version) we can't always get the sorbet so we are using the lemon fruit bars. we use 2 bars per recipe
    we also like it made with limeade and lime fruit bars

Mar 10, 2009
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Sorbet is in the ice cream section of any large super market. Haagen Dazs has the most selection, they come in pint sized containers....HTH

Mar 10, 2009
  7. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

And in case anyone is wondering, there IS a difference in sorbet and sherbet! Sorbet is non-dairy and is unfortunately usually more expensive, sherbet includes milk-fat. Oh, and sorbet is MUCH yummier! IMO... :D.

I had a host once buy sherbet instead - now I know to check that they are going to buy the right ingredient!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    Mar 10, 2009
  8. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I couldn't find it either but I did find Mango ice cream. It worked just fine and tasted GREAT!

Mar 10, 2009
  9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Sorbet is also Fat Free!!! :D

Mar 10, 2009
  10. I checked our Super Walmart in Rhinelander. no such luck.
    I called a larger grocer in Wausau. Trigs. THEY HAVE HaagenDaas sorbet!!! yeah! No Mango, but we'll work on that.
    The Mango icecream worked hey?
    I thought of the fruit bars, but wasn't sure how that would work.
    I know sorbet is different than sherbert. didn't think of the milk-based. just knew sherbert was creamy, where sorbet is more "flavored ice" for lack of a better term :)

Thank you all for your help. keep them coming if anyone finds the mango sorbet.

Mar 10, 2009
  11. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Our grocery store is willing to order items that they don't carry if you request them. Maybe you could ask. :chef:

12. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Wow, I didn't know sorbet and sherbert were different! I could only find lime sherbert when we made the gingertinis but they turned out GREAT!

Mar 10, 2009
  13. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have found Mango Sorbet at Wal-Mart and Walgreens (drug store of all places!). Around here it is Haagen-Daaz and in the small containers. At my Wal-Mart it is in the same aisle as the rest of the ice cream but more towards the Ben & Jerry's area. Now different stores around here have different kinds of Sorbet! It has taken me several trips to find raspberry before and lemon. One of the stores around here even had some blueberry/some other kind of berry mix!

Mar 10, 2009
  14. bsaxman

bsaxman Advanced Member Silver Member

Wal-mart, believe it or not!

Mar 10, 2009
  15. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

For those with access to commissaries- our small one actually had it so I'd guess the larger ones would have it. They also had the large pound cakes as well! :)

Mar 10, 2009
  16. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

I was just about to say this. I went crazy trying to find it. It is expensive. I found it at our local safeway for $3.00 on sale.

Mar 10, 2009
  17. you girls are great! thank you for the ideas. I was wondering about our SamsClub too. Guess i'm going shopping on Friday - and now i know where i can look at least.
    Thank you.

Mar 11, 2009
  18. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

I had trouble, both with finding the lemon sorbet (for gingertinis) and when I did, with the price! I looked online for a sorbet recipe, made it really inexpensively, and it was great!

Have something to add?