• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stay at the Hilton Chicago - Your Ultimate Comfort and Convenience

" I'm registered at the Hilton Chicago.Hyatt McKormick. Stay there every year! :)Hyatt McCormick...if I can ever finish my reservation. I keep getting an error message that sends me back to the main reservation page.Hilton Chicago for us too! Gotta love those double bathrooms!
raebates
Staff member
I'm registered at the Hilton Chicago.

Hyatt McKormick. Stay there every year! :)

Hyatt McCormick...if I can ever finish my reservation. I keep getting an error message that sends me back to the main reservation page.:grumpy:

Hilton Chicago for us too! Gotta love those double bathrooms!

Gina M said:
Hilton Chicago for us too! Gotta love those double bathrooms!

My director just registered for Hyatt McCormick, and her registration says Double/Double? Does that mean that although it isn't listed that way, she got a room with a double bathroom?

Embassy Suites - a block up from the Sheraton. Booked it back in January. My family goes with me- and Embassy includes Breakfast and afternoon snacks- a big plus when taking my family! Sheraton didn't have much food option for them.

ChefBeckyD said:
My director just registered for Hyatt McCormick, and her registration says Double/Double? Does that mean that although it isn't listed that way, she got a room with a double bathroom?

Not sure Becky - I thought that Hilton Chicago was the only one offering those rooms - maybe she lucked out!

ChefBeckyD said:

No it means 2 double beds

No, it's two double beds.

My room is listed as double/double 1 bath as opposed to double/double 2 bath.

ChefBeckyD said:

Nope that just means 2 double beds

Embassy Suites!

Not sure, but maybe the Hilton since my director said something about 2 bathrooms ...

Hilton Chicago! Double baths!!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hilton I believe...

Yes Laurie will be staying at the Hilton! With ME! hehe

So my reply is "Hilton Chicago" :D

Hilton Chicago -- 2 baths are soooooooooo nice for 4 women!!!

I'm staying at home in my own bed. :D

Hilton Chicago. We really liked it last year.

I need to stay somewhere that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm bringing my hubby and 2 youngsters. Any ideas? I'd like to be close but I am new to the business and DO NOT make the kind of money needed to stay at Sheraton or Embassy. I'm doing a lot of research...Entertainment Book, Hotwire, and Travelocity but if you guys out there have any tips, I'd appreciate it :blushing:

We're at the Sheraton. ;)

The Essex ... QUEEN beds... that will make up for not having the 2 bathrooms ... we'll just be planning ahead for using the showers.

so excited...we got the Hyatt McCormick..been staying there for 11 years now! Wont stay anywhere else...don't mind that we have only 1 bath..I grew up with 12 siblings, so I'm use to sharing the bathroom!! LOL Love that it's right there at the conference center...no shuttle lines or anything...matter of fact, last year I got really sick so it was nice that I could just go back to my room during the day and lay down!!! Beds are the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in!!! Sealy posturpedic!!!!

Hilton Chicago...I think..ha It shows us as "waitedlist" although my director booked us this morning..
Did this show for anyone else?

mailgirl1978 said:
Hilton Chicago...I think..ha It shows us as "waitedlist" although my director booked us this morning..
Did this show for anyone else?

Are you going in on the 11th? I was told it was waitlisted b/c I was checking in on the 11th and they didn't have enough rooms blocked out for PC and they had to contact the Hilton. The other days were fine but they didn't expect the amount that they got for Sunday the 11th. This is what I was told from the agent when I called when my double booked me AND showed waitlisted. I had a mini panic attack :) He assured me I would not be sleeping on the street, to expect confirmation by the 26th or call back. (that makes me feel better...not)

Yeah..I really hope it works out...I don't know why it's such a big deal? Im sure they have the room...Sundays, surely, are not a hot night at the Hilton...hahaha

and yes, we are staying the 11th too....

mailgirl1978 said:
Yeah..I really hope it works out...I don't know why it's such a big deal? Im sure they have the room...Sundays, surely, are not a hot night at the Hilton...hahaha

His exact words were "no big deal" "It just means that we have to contact the Hilton to block out more rooms as we did not anticipate this many on the 11th". I'm telling myself to not sweat it. Its like the train "I think I can, I think I can."

Just found out we're staying at the Sheraton. Close to downtown, Navy Pier, etc ... :) So excited to be going!

double/double sounds like a drink! Double/double 2 bath is a BIG drink!

pampered1224 said:
double/double sounds like a drink! Double/double 2 bath is a BIG drink!

Do you have alcohol on the brain tonight John? I noticed in your other thread about the Meet-n-Greet you said how sloshed you all got one year ;) Seems to be a pattern emerging.

The Essex Inn, right next door to the Hilton, great "little" hotel with great service and smaller prices!

Well, I guess I need to tie one on! It has been a long time! at least right now I have time to nurse a hang over!

Melissa78 said:
Yes Laurie will be staying at the Hilton! With ME! hehe

So my reply is "Hilton Chicago" :D

LOL....thanks my friend. :D

Hotel 71. Love that place. $139/2 people, $159/4 people. Huge rooms, queen beds.

Christen take a look at Double Tree on Ohio Street. I went to Hotels.Com for the best rate. It's $135ish ($466.67 after taxes and all) and it's 2 blocks from the Sheraton so it should be fairly easy to catch the bus to the McCormick Center and get around. Whatever you do don't stay at the SAX Hotel like I did last year trying to save money. It wasn't worth it!

Judy :)

Nanisu said:
Hotel 71. Love that place. $139/2 people, $159/4 people. Huge rooms, queen beds.

I am staying there too! I hear it is a great hotel not too far from Sheraton. :chef:

Hyatt McCormick Place :D

1PamperedMommy said:
I need to stay somewhere that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm bringing my hubby and 2 youngsters. Any ideas? I'd like to be close but I am new to the business and DO NOT make the kind of money needed to stay at Sheraton or Embassy. I'm doing a lot of research...Entertainment Book, Hotwire, and Travelocity but if you guys out there have any tips, I'd appreciate it :blushing:

I'm not bringing my family but instead it will be me and my new recruit so we're trying to find somewhere less expensive to stay, too. The Best Western is considerably cheaper- but I'm still looking.

Hyatt McCormick for me. Last year was my first year and we stayed at the Hilton, but my coworkers in Chicago are telling me the Hyatt McCormick is awesome. Just jump on the Metra to get downtown if you want, or take the water taxi to the Navy Pier.

1PamperedMommy said:
Try this website- Travel to Chicago Illinois - Traveler Directory, Convention Guide to Hotels, Restaurants, Dining, Nightlife, Sightseeing Attractions, Events, Tourism
Look at the "Accomodations" section - it has a great map showing where the hotels are. You can search based on location - keeping you close enough to McCormick or the site-seeing (if that's what your DH is doing while you are in conference). Look at each hotel, and do some general searching for cost/amenities/location. When you look at the Map- click on the "Legend"- you'll see the "pins" in the map- I keep the River North, Loop and South Loop. (blue, green, and orange pins). You can then see what hotels they are, click on each- after you input your dates & number in your party, every hotel you click on will automatically pull up the estimate per night. See if you can find one close to a Conference hotel that you can walk to catch the shuttle.So while the hotels closer to Downtown area are a bit more expensive...Some things to consider-
#1- you can catch a shuttle that is free to the conference, and your DH can walk to many locations,
#2- food places would be easier to find,
#3 - it's generally a nicer area and 'safer' as far a city-life goes.
Plus, if you are near the River and one of the http://www.shorelinewatertaxi.com/ ports (there are just a few- Michigan Ave is one), your family can cheaply (depending on how far you are going) take a river taxi to the Navy Pier, the Museums, or Sears Tower or something. We stayed at the Sheraton last year- and my guys take it and love it- it's relaxing too for them! They could get on the River Taxi to the Sears Tower, or out to the Navy Pier (from the Navy Pier port, you can go to the Shedd Aquarium or Field Museum). Prices on the website http://www.shorelinewatertaxi.com/- this is just one of 2 or 3 Taxi's on the river...so others may be different prices/ports.
So it just depends on what THEY will be doing and where they are going while you are in conference, and what you need to get to conference. $180 a night is alot, but if you pay $125 somewhere else, and then have to pay cab fares to go anywhere for both you AND your family, or are in a not-so-great neighborhood, or there is no food nearby (or included in the hotel cost) - you can very quickly exceed what you might have spent at the $180 a night hotel. I'm sure your family won't want to stay in the hotel all day. Maybe look for a hotel that has a mini-fridge/microwave...so you can buy snacks or can reheat leftovers or buy things easy to make in your room for the kids for breakfast or lunch/dinner? (I know there is a CVS near the Sheraton..)Since you ARE in downtown Chicago, in the summertime- things aren't going to be cheap- it could definitely be a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing...cheap could end up being YUCK or scary neighborhood maybe, or NO FOOD, etc. So keep all of that in mind. PLUS- you'll have to get to the Conference Center...so transportation for you and for your family to get around. Another thought- you can always book one of the conference hotels NOW - and then change it later (check the cancellation policy first). Know how long you have to change or cancel your reservations. This makes sure you GET a hotel room in a good area, and then if you find something cheaper, you can change it later.Alot of info, I know- but hopefully it helps you in your search. I know- this is how i did it last year! Good luck! ;)

Cr8vKitchen said:
I'm not bringing my family but instead it will be me and my new recruit so we're trying to find somewhere less expensive to stay, too. The Best Western is considerably cheaper- but I'm still looking.

Sheila, if it's just the two of you, you might want to ask around to see if anyone is looking for roommates, and save more money that way. A lot of people were doing that last year, and I'm sure it will happen again this year. In fact, I've already had one request, which I really hope works out! Especially since I have to keep her away from my DG. *waving to she-knows-who-she-is*

How many people usually stay in each room?

ChefMary, some people like to stay alone. Others like to split the bill up as much as possible. It all depends on what the occupants are comfortable with. Some hotels charge more if there are more than two people per bed. If you're trying to squeeze in an extra, be sure to contact the hotel directly.

I believe it is the Chicago Hilton for us also.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Two of the four in the room are watching their pennies so we are trying to keep expenses down for them. The room rate is $135/night. It is only 1 mile to walk to a conference bus. We've done it before and the walk is usually nice.

Last time we went we stayed in a hotel that was a few blocks from a conference hotel, the Sheraton, I believe. It was nice being away from the craziness but I do think I lost something of the conference experience not being in a conference hotel.

We are staying at the Comfort Suits on Michigan Ave 160 .00 with a kitchen . We stayed there last year it was brand new .

heather223 said:
I am staying there too! I hear it is a great hotel not too far from Sheraton. :chef:

I found out today that I will be staying at this hotel (Hotel 71) with my cluster. Woohoo!!! Firt time going to conference and I am very excited!!!

<h2>1. What are the amenities offered at the Hilton Chicago?</h2><p>The Hilton Chicago offers a wide range of amenities to enhance your stay, including a fitness center, pool, spa, on-site dining options, concierge services, and more.</p><h2>2. Is there Wi-Fi available at the Hilton Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, the Hilton Chicago offers complimentary Wi-Fi for all guests throughout the hotel.</p><h2>3. Are there any special packages or deals available for my stay at the Hilton Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, the Hilton Chicago often offers special packages and deals for guests, such as discounted rates for longer stays, complimentary breakfast, or room upgrades. Be sure to check the hotel's website or contact the reservations team for more information.</p><h2>4. What is the cancellation policy for reservations at the Hilton Chicago?</h2><p>The cancellation policy for reservations at the Hilton Chicago varies depending on the type of room and rate selected. It is best to review the specific cancellation policy at the time of booking or contact the hotel directly for more information.</p><h2>5. Can I earn rewards points for my stay at the Hilton Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, the Hilton Chicago is part of the Hilton Honors rewards program. Guests can earn points for their stay and redeem them for future stays, upgrades, and other rewards. Be sure to enroll in the program before your stay to start earning points.</p>

1. What are the amenities offered at the Hilton Chicago?

The Hilton Chicago offers a wide range of amenities to enhance your stay, including a fitness center, pool, spa, on-site dining options, concierge services, and more.

2. Is there Wi-Fi available at the Hilton Chicago?

Yes, the Hilton Chicago offers complimentary Wi-Fi for all guests throughout the hotel.

3. Are there any special packages or deals available for my stay at the Hilton Chicago?

Yes, the Hilton Chicago often offers special packages and deals for guests, such as discounted rates for longer stays, complimentary breakfast, or room upgrades. Be sure to check the hotel's website or contact the reservations team for more information.

4. What is the cancellation policy for reservations at the Hilton Chicago?

The cancellation policy for reservations at the Hilton Chicago varies depending on the type of room and rate selected. It is best to review the specific cancellation policy at the time of booking or contact the hotel directly for more information.

5. Can I earn rewards points for my stay at the Hilton Chicago?

Yes, the Hilton Chicago is part of the Hilton Honors rewards program. Guests can earn points for their stay and redeem them for future stays, upgrades, and other rewards. Be sure to enroll in the program before your stay to start earning points.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
tarachef1
Replies
Views