• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Believing in Yourself: From Weight Loss to Business Success | A Powerful Journey

In summary, Melissa lost 80 pounds in 2 years by believing in herself and following her dreams. She was rewarded with a promotion to Director and a new conference perk--a trip to Chicago.
Melissa78
Gold Member
So, you may recall that in the beginning of March I actually started a thread on my successful February. I never toot my own horn as I find bragging to be repulsive (not meaning anyone here, just those in the world in general). I never EVER thought it would get the response it did and how much it seemed to help people. The messages I received were at times overwhelming yet uplifting. "Who woulda thunk" that something so trivial and menial in one mind (mine) could be so much to others.

Well an update...I will share for anyone struggling or non-believers... I like to think of myself as a realist but some would think I'm pessimistic when it comes to me. I'm a huge cheerleader for anyone else. Whether you would find me to be a realist or a pessimist, know that this is no fluff nor BS...

It only takes one...The power of one...The power of one to believe. That one is yourself and the belief in yourself. With that belief all things are possible. I always said, "I can do anything but lose weight." Then as I was out on my nightly 3-5mile walk 2yrs back, I saw a sign at our elementary school that read, "If you can believe it, your mind can achieve it." I stopped in my tracks from the proverbial lightning bolt that had just struck me. Well long story short, I lost 80lbs. (lets not talk about the maintenance though...) :D

Well, now for the first 7 months or so of my biz I have said "I can do anything with my business but recruit. I suck." (yes I don't fluff anything)

Remember the power of one????? Remember believing????
Yesterday I received my Team Leader package in the mail BUT how is this for irony???? As of last night (and on my screen today) I have the structure for my promotion to DIRECTOR as I got my second Sr Consultant. A big wahoo! Conference perks here I come!

June 1, 2009 = Joined PC
February 22, 2010 = First Recruit (Sr Consultant)
February 28, 2010 = Team Leader
April 20, 2010 = Director (4 recruits with 2 senior consultants)
(If you believe in luck charms? My first recruit got me a promotion to SC, that same recruit last night got me promoted to Director....think I'll keep her around! The domino effect was even better, she got promoted to SC, she promoted me, I promoted my Director to AD and hopefully my AD will get to promote as well very soon).

Well I'd love to 'chat' some more but I gotta go resurect that mantra that I can lose weight b/c boy o boy do I have a conference stage body to find in the next 11wks. ;)

Moral of tonights story: If I can believe, anyone can! Best wishes!

Wahoo for you!

congrats! you deserve it!!!!

WOW Melissa!!!!! I am so proud of you. Oh, and by the way, I really needed to hear this.

Congratulations!

THAT is an awesome story!! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Congrats!!!! :D
I soooo needed to hear this!!! I had an awesome month in March but I have been stinkin' it up in April. I have had two shows to be canceled (ugh) and I have not been able to get my recruits motivated to get on the phone and book shows themselves! (and recruit!..my goal is to walk at conference too but I still lack the two recruits under two of mine.....)
Your story gives me hope! Keep it up and don'tcha worry about bragging! Some of us WANT to hear it to give us hope and inspiration!
Can't wait to meet up with you in Chicago!!! :D

WHOO WHOOOO!!!!! Congrats chica! So excited, happy and proud! You re a rock star! :D

Congratulations! Thank you for the reminder! I definately needed this today!

FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you so much for sharing (and that is so far from bragging!!). I am going to share your story with my team because we ALL need to be reminded of this! Congratulations!!

And as far as the maintaince...grab ahold of it now! I lost the same amount of weight and managed to keep it off for 2 years. Slowly it crept up and somewhere I let go of it all and am heavier than ever. So BELIEVE me when I say...believe that you don't want to gain it back!!! Perhaps I can use your story to help me back on the wagon again!! Thanks so much and keep looking forward with recruiting!

COngratulations Melissa!

You inspire me too! I joined just one month after you and I am "this close". I need one more SC. MY story is very similar to yours(including the weight loss etc)I totally believe that if you believe you can do it you will. Congratulations again!! You rock!

WHO HOO! Congrats to you! Thanks for the encouragement!

Melissa, I know what you mean about people bragging! There's the genuine "I'm so excited, I have to share" like on here and then there's some people just being obnoxious.

I am so excited for you!!! And, sahring your story is so inspriring!

Congratulation Melissa! I love that we can come on here and share our success as well as our struggles. I'm so glad you are doing so well! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Thanks ladies! My biz is currently in a valley instead of on top of the hill but that too shall pass. I appreciate your kind words and feel very honored to know that I was able to help some others.

Melissa, I shared your story with my team. I hope they feel as inspired as I did when I read it.

Chef Kearns said:
Melissa, I shared your story with my team. I hope they feel as inspired as I did when I read it.

I feel so honored. With much appreciation for your kindness, I thank you! :blushing:

1. What is "When You Believe..."?

"When You Believe..." is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features delicious and easy-to-follow recipes for everyday meals, as well as special occasions.

2. What types of recipes are included in "When You Believe..."?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and other dietary restrictions.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "When You Believe..." easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in "When You Believe..." are easy to find and can be found at most grocery stores. The cookbook also includes tips for substitutions in case an ingredient is not available.

4. Is "When You Believe..." suitable for beginner cooks?

Absolutely! "When You Believe..." is designed for cooks of all levels, including beginners. The recipes are easy to follow and include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips.

5. Can I purchase "When You Believe..." online?

Yes, "When You Believe..." can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also attend a Pampered Chef party to learn more about the cookbook and purchase it directly from a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PCCHeather0506