• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success: When to Sign Up as a Consultant for Optimal Results

In summary, the new consultant should sign up for her next show in February if she wants to maximize her first 30 days of qualifying.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have someone who I work with who would like to sign on as a consultant. She can't do it immediately because she needs to save up the money. So she needs to wait 2 more paydays. She booked a party with me March 8. I suggested that we use that as her grand opening. I also suggested that she post on FB that she will be signing up as a consultant and see if she can get bookings that way. I just got the email from HO saying that if they sign in Feb and qualify in first 30 days they will get free cookware. Should we wait until closer to her March 8th show? Or do you think we should sign her up at the very end of February? I want to make sure that she is successful. So I would like to make sure that she has at least 2 more shows after her's in March so that she can qualify in her first 30 days. So for those of you who do more recruiting what would you suggest?

Also I am pretty sure that I am right one this but I want to make sure. Her 30 days will start when her kit is shipped right? Not 30 from when she signs up. Or am I wrong on that.

Her 30 days will start about 7 days after she signs, which allows for time for the kit to ship. I signed on Sept 15 but my qualification period began on Sept 22, even though I had the kit by the 18th.If her March 8th would be the first show she'd do, I'd sign at end of February. If she can get something booked before that one, and one or two more in a close window after, sign up a little earlier

Wonderful..thank you so much..she will be so happy to hear that.

To help her along I give the new consultant a catalog packet to have one of their friends do now February . That will be one of her shows too so when she signs that will be one of her 4 shows.

I have been doing this and this really gives them the boost of sales to go to a great start.
You will have to give her some of your catalogs and order forms ect , but worst case you would have the catalog show for yourself if she didn't start .

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the signing bonus. I'd sign her on her show date! She can mark it as her first show date when signing, plus the next dates she has that she books prior to or at her show on the 8th. This will absolutely maximize her 30 days. Remember 2 things: 1st, she'll get all the host benefits plus the commission for the show on the 8th. 2nd, she'll get 200 PC dollars for qualifying in 30 days. If she isn't able to get the cookware at her show, she can get it free with her PC dollars at a 20% discount. And who knows, she may be more interested in the March recruiting special.

In my opinion, the decision should not be based on the monthly special. It should be based on what will help the new consultant the most in the long run. She's not signing for a new piece of cookware, she's signing for a new life-one full of possibilities she never knew were possible.

chef131doreen said:
To help her along I give the new consultant a catalog packet to have one of their friends do now February . That will be one of her shows too so when she signs that will be one of her 4 shows.

I have been doing this and this really gives them the boost of sales to go to a great start.
You will have to give her some of your catalogs and order forms ect , but worst case you would have the catalog show for yourself if she didn't start .

That's a great idea! And make sure they get all contact info for each person placing order, and contact every one of them and let them know that we have a new catalog coming out in March and would to share all the new items and recipes with her and her friends.

Love that idea, Doreen!Also, another thing she can do is start asking people know to book with her. Maybe they'll want a Feb show for the stoneware sale. The March show can still be her kickoff, but she can still do a show or two before then. ;)Congrats! I hope everything works out for you two! :)

Along the same line, if you have a recruit lead that has never been to a show before, do you suggest that she "hosts" a show as her grand opening and use those bookings to kick off her business? (and you get the commission) or do you help her out by letting her have the commission from that show as well?

Bren706 said:
Along the same line, if you have a recruit lead that has never been to a show before, do you suggest that she "hosts" a show as her grand opening and use those bookings to kick off her business? (and you get the commission) or do you help her out by letting her have the commission from that show as well?

Her her sign before her own show and have her be the consultant. You can go and be there to help her, but let her get the commission on it. That way it helps her qualify. If she wants to see a show beforehand, have her attend another one of yours or someone else in your cluster or upline.

We do a launch show in our cluster. I have 2 this month. The way that works is that my new recruit will sit with her friends, I will do the demo, but she will still collect the commission as well as get the hosting benefits. This is great for the new consultant because it gives them a good start.

I agree with waiting. The more she does in her first 30/90 days, the more PC Dollars she can earn. That extra 8 (or so) days may be exactly what she needs to hit a new level!!! And she may luck out & LOVE the March signing bonus more. Not sure when her 2nd payday is either, but she may not have the money on Feb 29th to sign.Don't forget Kit Enhancement! She has to be active in Feb, March & April to get the regular one ~ so she's missing out on that this year, but will get it next year. So even if she waits until March (a partial month) to sign ... as long as she's active in April, May & June, she'll get her New Consultant Kit Enhancement in July. Which means she can get up to $500 in retail value at 40% off! If she's earning PC$ during that time, she can save & apply those to get it cheaper!!! So if she's really wanting cookware, she can host her own show to get it for FREE, 50% off (or 60% off if she catches it on Host Special) ~ or she can get it during her 4th Month KE for 40% off (or more if she's applying PC$). ;)

Sheila said:
I agree with waiting. The more she does in her first 30/90 days, the more PC Dollars she can earn. That extra 8 (or so) days may be exactly what she needs to hit a new level!!! And she may luck out & LOVE the March signing bonus more.

Not sure when her 2nd payday is either, but she may not have the money on Feb 29th to sign.

Don't forget Kit Enhancement! She has to be active in Feb, March & April to get the regular one ~ so she's missing out on that this year, but will get it next year. So even if she waits until March (a partial month) to sign ... as long as she's active in April, May & June, she'll get her New Consultant Kit Enhancement in July. Which means she can get up to $500 in retail value at 40% off! If she's earning PC$ during that time, she can save & apply those to get it cheaper!!! So if she's really wanting cookware, she can host her own show to get it for FREE, 50% off (or 60% off if she catches it on Host Special) ~ or she can get it during her 4th Month KE for 40% off (or more if she's applying PC$). ;)

I think that that is what I will tell her. How soon after she signs up can she submit a show?

For her first show we are going to do it together..she will get the show though towards her sales. I will just be there to help.

As soon as she receives her kit she can submit her first show. Or, I even think that the next day, after her c.c. clears, she could call PC and have a techy walk her through downloading P3. I had one consultant have to do that cuz the program that came in her kit was scratched and wouldn't download.

I had a grand opening for a new consultant last friday, she signed Monday (so she'd get both old & new cats), her kit should arrive today and she's closing her show today, turning it in. So I would say, have the g.o., sign her that night, close and submit 3 days later when kit arrives.

The one thing that I've learned (thanks to my AMAZING Director) is that it's very important for the guests to see HER as the consultant, not YOU as the consultant and her as the host. So do some training before the show & then just be there for moral support. She's going to have to learn to say "I don't know, but I'll find out!" when she's asked a new question ... so let her start from show #1 practicing on her friends/family. It's hard not to jump in there & do stuff, but remember "As long as she's not lying to the guests (IE: everything in the catalog has a lifetime warranty), then there's really no right or wrong way to do a show. So even if she's not being a cookie cutter of what you would do, it's okay! As long as the recipe gets done, she covers booking & recruiting (because you want her to learn to do that from her 1st show) and the guests get checked out ... then it was a success! :DIf you own the booking/recruiting slide, let her practice it a few times with you & then have her do it for them. You'll really start her off on the right foot if she's using that at her shows AND if you teach her the full service checkout (offering the business opportunity & hosting a show ~ I like to hand out copies of the recipe(s) that we did at that show so they walk away from the table with SOMETHING other than their receipt ... but that's personal preference).The best way to help her succeed, is to be her mentor, not her "boss" ... if she messes up, joke that we are PAMPERED Chefs, not PERFECT Chefs and let her keep going. If you do have to correct her on something, make sure you come across as helpful & not bossy or demeaning. The last thing you want is to embarrass a new consultant in front of their friends/family. ;)Hopefully she'll have LOTS of fun, her guests will have LOTS of fun and she'll be motivated to be your first Director! :DAnd Congrats on your new recruit! Way to GROW!!! :D

Sheila said:
The one thing that I've learned (thanks to my AMAZING Director) is that it's very important for the guests to see HER as the consultant, not YOU as the consultant and her as the host. So do some training before the show & then just be there for moral support. She's going to have to learn to say "I don't know, but I'll find out!" when she's asked a new question ... so let her start from show #1 practicing on her friends/family. It's hard not to jump in there & do stuff, but remember "As long as she's not lying to the guests (IE: everything in the catalog has a lifetime warranty), then there's really no right or wrong way to do a show. So even if she's not being a cookie cutter of what you would do, it's okay! As long as the recipe gets done, she covers booking & recruiting (because you want her to learn to do that from her 1st show) and the guests get checked out ... then it was a success! :D

If you own the booking/recruiting slide, let her practice it a few times with you & then have her do it for them. You'll really start her off on the right foot if she's using that at her shows AND if you teach her the full service checkout (offering the business opportunity & hosting a show ~ I like to hand out copies of the recipe(s) that we did at that show so they walk away from the table with SOMETHING other than their receipt ... but that's personal preference).

The best way to help her succeed, is to be her mentor, not her "boss" ... if she messes up, joke that we are PAMPERED Chefs, not PERFECT Chefs and let her keep going. If you do have to correct her on something, make sure you come across as helpful & not bossy or demeaning. The last thing you want is to embarrass a new consultant in front of their friends/family. ;)

Hopefully she'll have LOTS of fun, her guests will have LOTS of fun and she'll be motivated to be your first Director! :D

And Congrats on your new recruit! Way to GROW!!! :D

I do not have the booking slide. I do need to get that. I have been slacking. I don't do a lot of shows. So I didn't think that I needed it. But since I really do want to make a better go of my business I need to get one. Thank you for the advise. I will do that.

I highly recommend that you make that investment! :DAnd the best time to do it is as soon as they all get food in their hands. Hit 'em while they have their mouths full & are quiet! LOL

Sheila said:
I highly recommend that you make that investment! :D

And the best time to do it is as soon as they all get food in their hands. Hit 'em while they have their mouths full & are quiet! LOL

1 more question about the slide. Will they let me order 2? I am asking because this girl is a friend of mine..and maybe it might be a good gift for me to get for her.

chefheidi2003 said:
1 more question about the slide. Will they let me order 2? I am asking because this girl is a friend of mine..and maybe it might be a good gift for me to get for her.

Absolutely!!

I think the booking slide is one of the items listed in the booster kit thing they can order when they get their kit, so you might want to double check that. At least it was when my consultant signed last year, it might be different now.

babywings76 said:
I think the booking slide is one of the items listed in the booster kit thing they can order when they get their kit, so you might want to double check that. At least it was when my consultant signed last year, it might be different now.

the current booster flyer in Download center does still show that in the list. Very good to know!

Yup, you can order 2. As it was said, it's also in the booster kit. But you could have a 2nd on hand to let them borrow until their slide comes in the mail! Then get it back & loan it to the next new recruit temporarily. :D

What is "When Should She Sign?"

"When Should She Sign?" is a phrase commonly used to refer to the decision-making process for a woman to sign important documents, such as contracts or legal agreements.

Why is it important for a woman to know when to sign?

It is important for a woman to know when to sign because it can have significant consequences on her personal and professional life. Signing a document without fully understanding its terms and implications can lead to legal and financial troubles.

What factors should a woman consider before signing?

Before signing any document, a woman should consider the terms and conditions, the potential risks and benefits, and seek advice from a legal professional if necessary. It is important to fully understand the implications of what is being signed.

Are there any situations where a woman should not sign?

Yes, there are situations where a woman should not sign. If she does not fully understand the terms and conditions, or if she feels pressured or coerced into signing, it is best to hold off and seek further guidance before making a decision.

What resources are available to help a woman make an informed decision about when to sign?

There are various resources available, such as legal professionals, financial advisors, and online tools, that can help a woman make an informed decision about when to sign. It is important to do thorough research and seek advice before making any important decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • chefsteph07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • valsped