• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Guest Still Interested in Hosting?

In summary, the conversation involves a host who was initially very excited about hosting a show in March, but then faced personal issues that caused her to delay. The person trying to book the show has been trying to contact her, but hasn't received a response. It is suggested to wait a few weeks before trying again and to show compassion and understanding towards the host.
Yakmama
I did a show in March where one of the guests was VERY excited about hosting a show. She went on and on about how she really wants to host and that it would be so much fun. She wanted to talk to her husband about a date, but thought she would have one in April.

I called her the next day, and she said it was a bad time and she would call me back later. A couple of days later I still hadn't heard from her. I called again and left a message. Two days later, another message. Two days later, she was crying and said she couldn't talk right then. That kind of shook me up, so I didn't call for a week. Now I'm trying to call her again and I've left her several messages.

Do I just give up? She hasn't told me she doesn't want to host- but I don't know what's going on.

It sounds like something is going on in her life. She apparently just needs some time. I'd wait a few weeks at this point and give her a call then to see if it may be a better time for her. Hopefully she has your phone number and would call you in between if she is able to have a show then.I had a lady last fall who was very anxious and then I left message on both her home and cell phone and never was able to get back in touch with her. I'm sure it was just a bad time, and perhaps in a month or so I'll try calling her again to see if she might at all be interested. I know it is hard when they appear to anxious, then there is no communication. Don't take it personally, it is something going on in her life.

I mention that I'll keep calling until I hear from the person that they want me to stop. I call frequently at first, then drop off to monthly, then, eventually, quarterly.

I have a lady who said last September at a booth she wanted to do a Show. When I contact her about a week later, she said she lived 2 hours from me but would have it here in town at her DD's house. First it was her DD had a baby, then she had complications from the pregnancy and ended up with blood clots. I began calling every week the first month, then every other week. I now check about once a month. I called in January and her DD was unable to return to work because of the blood clots. Then in February she had just returned from a cruise (WTH?) and was tired. Now I call about mid-month to try to get her scheduled. It is getting old, but I am hoping it will eventually happen. If she has decided not to, I really wish she would tell me that! Each time I do speak with her, it's "We still want to have a Show. I just have to find a good date with my DD!"

I will usually call twice within the first week, and then once a week for 2-3 weeks, and then once a month.

I ask them when would be better for me to call. I just finally booked a host who originally told me she would do a show in November!! She is an accountant and is very busy the first 4 months of the year. She told me each time we finally talked when to call again, so I did. Now we are scheduled for May 22, she said that may need to change but atleast I have her on the calendar now. I would also say wait a little while and then try again.

I would send her a note with a recipe card and say something like ... "I look forward to working with you on you PC show. Last time we spoke it seemed like you were going thru a rough time. I truly hope all is well with your family. I will check in with you in a few weeks. Take care!"

You just never know what is going on with people.

I agree with Paulette.... you want to show compassion.. and also let her know you are there for her whenever it works out. Next time you talk to her.. ask her if she has changed her mind..or if it is the timing that is off.. just because you would never want to bother her. You are just trying to be available for her.

Paulette, I love your idea. Friendly and compassionate, yet professional.

1. When is it considered too much calling?

It is generally considered too much calling when the frequency or duration of the calls start to disrupt the recipient's daily life or cause annoyance or frustration.

2. How often is too much calling?

This can vary depending on the individual and their relationship with the caller. However, a good rule of thumb is to limit calls to a few times a week, unless there is an urgent matter.

3. Is it okay to call someone multiple times in a day?

Unless it is an emergency, it is generally not appropriate to call someone multiple times in a day. It is important to respect the other person's time and boundaries.

4. What if I need to reach someone urgently?

If it is urgent, it is acceptable to call multiple times in a day. However, it is important to leave a voicemail or send a text message explaining the urgency and to be understanding if the person is unable to answer immediately.

5. How can I avoid calling too much?

If you are unsure if you are calling too much, it is always best to ask the other person for their preferred method of communication. You can also try spacing out the calls and finding other ways to stay in touch, such as through text or email.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • FancyChef