• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Is a Booking Not a Party?

So, if you want to secure more parties, make sure to pencil in a date and name of the host when someone expresses interest. Then, follow up within 24-48 hours to confirm the date and time. In summary, it is important to commit to a date and name for a host in order for a booking to become a party, as simply talking about it is not enough. Penciling in a date and following up within 24-48 hours can help ensure that the booking turns into a successful party.
soonerchef
Here is some great info I just received from my wonderful Director! Sent to her by the Lemonaid Lady!

When is a Booking NOT a Party?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might be familiar with Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the famous psychologist on talk radio. Unlike many in the profession, she is rather blunt with her callers (hey, she's only got a minute of air time with them!).

Dr. Laura has a formula to see if engaged persons really are committed to marriage. She asks callers, "Do you have a date and a ring?" Invariably, those with relationship problems (the kinds of people who call her for advice) lack one or both of these outward signs of commitment. In Dr. Laura's, not so humble opinion, these couples are simply talking about getting married rather than committing to begin a life together.

When I talk with consultants and they excitedly report, "I got three new bookings this week!" I immediately ask, "Who are your new hosts and when are their parties?" Very often I hear, "I have to call them back and check on a date."

NEWSFLASH: This is not a booking! You have not committed them to a date on the calendar. Rather, this is only a verbal promise to hold a party with you.

So, how do you secure bookings with a DATE on a calendar and the NAME of a host the two most critical items for a booking to become a party?

First, know your calendar without having to look at it. If you're meeting someone away from a party and you don't have your calendar with you, you must know immediately when your next available openings are. If you don't know and you have to call her back, she might change her mind. When you are definite on a date, a host can commit to your calendar.

Second, pencil in dates when you encounter someone who is serious about booking but has to "think about it" or "check my calendar" or "see when my friends can come." This is a great way to sift those who are serious about setting a date but have some valid concerns from those people who are just talkers.

When I get any of these three responses, I invite her to choose a date so I can pencil her in (and I really do use just a pencil rather than a pen). And while I'm penciling her name in, I assure her that she is not booking with me right now, but that I am willing to hold the date for her for 24 hours (sometimes I'll give her 48 hours, depending on the situation) so she can check her calendar and/or talk with her friends.

This is a great idea for your hosts because as she is checking with her friends she can give them a definite date rather than a wishy- washy "I'm thinking about having a party with ABC Party Plan, what day is good for you?" When she presents her friends with a date and time, they can give her a definite "yes" or "no." And, if everything is a go, she doesn't have to call them back to invite them; she's already done that!

If the date is not good for any of her friends she can call you right away to reschedule a better time or rescind without feeling any guilt because she has not canceled on you, she was only penciled in.

When you use this awesome approach to secure parties not just promises, you must call the person back at the appropriate time (24 or 48 hours) so she can confirm the time or decline the invitation.

Is it a party or a promise? Pencil her in and you'll see greater results! Because a booking only becomes a party when the name of the host is committed to your calendar.

I get these too from the Lemon Aid Lady!And boy did she hit the nail on the head. I did a show back in September where i walked out with 9 people saying they were having shows. The host was mega excited but what she did not know was that they thought we were still giving points for bookings. NOT ONE did a show. I even explained the new program but of course, these were the people who were odviously NOT listening. In fact, Sherry mentioned that these were the so called know it alls. So...
It is rough. You do need to remember that a booking without a date is just a promise and not a party.

That's a really great tip! I've definitely fallen into the trap of counting verbal promises as bookings before, but I can see how important it is to have a concrete date and name on the calendar. I'll definitely start penciling in potential dates from now on to make sure I have a solid commitment before counting it as a booking. Thanks for sharing!

1. When is a booking not considered a party?

A booking is not considered a party when the host/hostess has not invited guests to attend a live demonstration or tasting event. It is important for a booking to have a minimum of 4 guests in attendance in order for it to be considered a party.

2. Can a booking be counted if the guests do not make purchases?

Yes, a booking can still be counted even if the guests do not make purchases. The main goal of a party is to introduce new products and create interest in Pampered Chef, regardless of whether or not guests make purchases.

3. Can a booking be combined with another party?

Yes, bookings can be combined with another party if the host/hostess agrees to it. This can help increase the number of guests and potential sales for both parties.

4. Can a booking be cancelled or rescheduled?

Yes, a booking can be cancelled or rescheduled if necessary. However, it is important to communicate with the host/hostess and try to find a new date or time that works for both parties. Cancelling or rescheduling a booking should be a last resort, as it can affect the consultant's sales and business.

5. What is the difference between a booking and a show?

A booking is when a host/hostess agrees to hold a live demonstration or tasting event for Pampered Chef, while a show is when guests make purchases at the event. A booking is the first step in planning a successful show, and can lead to future bookings and shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • wadesgirl