• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will HO replace her broken stoneware or will she have to buy it again?

In summary, there was a conversation about a woman who received a broken piece of a DCB cover and was wondering how to get it replaced. The person telling the story had heard horror stories of customers being denied replacements due to not following Use and Care instructions. The woman could not remember what happened to the DCB and mentioned that her boys do the cooking. There was a three year warranty on the product and the person was wondering what the company would do about it. Suggestions were made for the customer to call Home Office and to do an online adjustment. The person also mentioned that her Director would handle damaged products at shows, but the person was not comfortable with that and preferred if the customer called HO themselves. The conversation ended with the importance of building
emiscookin
...I wonder what HO will think about it.

Last night I did a show and a very nice lady who was there, gave me a broken piece of the cover for her DCB and asked how to get it replaced. She had her receipt so I praised her for that ;) but deep down I was like, "Oh boy...what happened and will HO send her a brand new one?"

I've heard these horror stories, on here and from some other sources, that even if your stoneware is under warranty they won't replace it because of customer neglect to follow the Use and Care instructions. :(

I asked her what happened and she said, "You know, I honestly don't know. My boys do all the cooking in our house which is GREAT for me," she smiled, "but I can't remember what they said happened. My life is pretty hectic with all those kids."

So...she hasn't had the thing for a year yet, there's a three year warranty and when I present her story to HO...what do you think they will do about it? I fear the worst, that they won't send her a new one and she will have to buy it again. Of course if that's the case she HAS to host a show and she told me she just did a big show recently and isn't planning on doing another one for a while.

:confused:

What do ya'll think?

Personally, I'd have the CUSTOMER call. They will want to talk to them anyway to get details. Maybe then she can find out exactly what happened from her boys.

yes - give her the number and tell her to call

You don't even have to call home office. You can do an online adjustment even if you didn't do the show. As long as you have all the information on her sales receipt you should be able to do it. When it ask you the reason choose "damaged in use" and be done with it.

I had a customer whose baker just cracked in the micro. I called and they were great at HO. Here is the catch. You HAVE to send in a piece of the base. They will NOT accept a part of the lid. He completely explained that someone could still use a bottom and they want to be sure that they are not replacing an entire baker just because the lid is broken.

I send in a piece of the bottom and it was not a problem. Her new white one came pretty quick. :)

When things just "crack" chances are it had a hairline fracture that developed in the making or delivery of the product. They should replace it.

pvt35115 said:
You don't even have to call home office. You can do an online adjustment even if you didn't do the show. As long as you have all the information on her sales receipt you should be able to do it. When it ask you the reason choose "damaged in use" and be done with it.

I'll try that and see what happens.

See, I told my host that I was going to tell her to call HO herself, but my host was like, "Well, Colleen (my Director) says at her shows that if something is damaged to bring it to her and she will take care of it."

Ok, my first thought was, "Well, I am NOT Colleen!!" and Second, "If Colleen has the time to do that for her customers and is willing then that's great, but in my opinion I think it's easier for HO if the customer just calls and explains it." As was mentioned earlier.

Because my Host TOLD this lady I would take care of it for her, I had to take the broken piece and say I would.

By the way, this is the same host my "Picky, picky, picky" thread was about. ;)

It may be easier for you if she calls but it will be easier for HER if you take care of it. This is a chance to build a relationship with this customer..people will remember you if you go out of your way a little to make things easier for them. This is a customer based business..without them you won't have one! Keep customer service first in your busines and you'll do great things :)

pvt35115 said:
It may be easier for you if she calls but it will be easier for HER if you take care of it. This is a chance to build a relationship with this customer..people will remember you if you go out of your way a little to make things easier for them. This is a customer based business..without them you won't have one! Keep customer service first in your busines and you'll do great things :)

That's true, and I know that's why Colleen does it. It's not that I don't want to help my customers...I just thought in this case it would be better if she called. Plus I was a little annoyed that my Host said I would do exactly what Colleen does. I know that probably shouldn't have annoyed me, but this Host already annoyed me and...I blame the rest on pregnancy hormones. :p

Thanks everyone for your advice!

My issue is that you have to send in a piece. Yes, she brought it to the party for you, but is she expecting you to pay for the shipping of that piece too? In my opinion, the customer needs to do the shipping because it is THEIR responsibility. I am willing to make the phone call, get the return authorization, and then contact the customer with the authorization number and give them the address. It is then thier responsibility to return it.

I had one customer who didn't like the fact that I did that. She pinches pennies, but she also did not tell me something was defective for 6 months. I have learned to make sure my hosts know to tell everyone to pull their items out of the box and inspect them. If there is something wrong when you receive it, HO will pay for the shipping for the first 30 days. It motivates people to look at their stuff.

I am HUGE about personal responsibility. I work in a pharmacy, you wouldn't believe the people who don't bother to read their labels and then throw a huge fit when they are out of refills and have to wait for authorization. Hello, it's been on you label for the past month!! In the case of life or death meds, we do front them a couple of days, but birth control is NOT an emergency. The local doctors will not call them in on weekends because it is not an emergency.

1. What is "When I Present This Story" and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

"When I Present This Story" is a technique used by Pampered Chef consultants during demonstrations to engage and entertain their audience while showcasing the products. It involves telling a story or personal experience that highlights the benefits and uses of a specific Pampered Chef product.

2. Can anyone use the "When I Present This Story" technique or is it exclusive to Pampered Chef consultants?

The "When I Present This Story" technique can be used by anyone, but it is a trademarked method that is unique to Pampered Chef consultants. It is a key part of our training and is only available to our consultants.

3. How do I come up with a good story to use for "When I Present This Story"?

The best stories for "When I Present This Story" are ones that are personal and relate to the product you are demonstrating. Think about how the product has helped you or someone you know, and share that experience with your audience. You can also use customer testimonials or stories from other consultants as inspiration.

4. Is it necessary to use "When I Present This Story" during every Pampered Chef demonstration?

No, it is not necessary to use "When I Present This Story" during every demonstration. It is a helpful technique to engage your audience, but you can also focus on other demonstration methods such as recipe presentations or product demonstrations.

5. Can I modify the "When I Present This Story" technique to fit my own style?

Yes, you can modify the "When I Present This Story" technique to fit your own style. The key is to make it personal and relatable for your audience. You can use your own stories, change the format or structure, and incorporate your own personality and humor into it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • minirottie