1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings When does Spring start?

1. Sonia_J

Sonia_J Member

this is probably a weird question to ask as its 14 degrees out and Spring feels 100 millions miles away
    But I'm trying to judge how many more catalogues I need. Since I'm new I don't know when the new Spring/Summer season starts.
    Any thoughts??

Sonia Jensen

Nov 25, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

The new catalog comes out March 1st. We'll get our changeover paperwork before that but that's when they become effective.

Nov 25, 2005
  3. Sonia_J

Sonia_J Member

Thanks!

Thanks you!!

Nov 25, 2005
  4. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

When will you officially start selling the new catalog? I plan to sell the fall/winter one until the last possible moment I think... it still feels new. :)

Nov 25, 2005
  5. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

The only time I even let people know I have the catalogs early is if I have a March host and I need to get the host packet to her in February. I tell her she can start collecting orders as soon as she gets the packet. I think we get the changeover paperwork in January, but it's mostly so we can get host packets out to March hosts.

Nov 25, 2005
  6. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Becky is on the ball...

You have to remember something that can be very harmful to your schedule: showing the new stuff before you have completed your January and February. I made that mistake the first year I was in and boy did it cause problems. Yes, we still had the one month overlap but it still made it hard as I actually had three late January Shows cancel because they saw the new products before they had their shows. Dumb move on my part. So, don't let the cat-out-of-the-bag until you know it is safe to do. It is even worse now as we do not have the cross over month any more. If you send out packets for March Hosts, you must swear them to absolute secrecy! Actually even if the show is the first weekend in March, I try not to get them the packet until two weeks prior. This way there are only two weeks left in February so very little harm can come of that to my business.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
    Nov 28, 2005
Have something to add?