• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Do You Deposit Your Checks?

In summary, HO is deducting money from my account much faster than before, which I guess is good. Anne says that her director said it didnt matter to her bc she had extra $$ in her account. Well I dont b/c I'm still new so I try my best to cash the checks here at work and deposit the cash or I do it as soon as I can after the show. I also try my best to get any orders after the show to be on CC so
AJPratt
Silver Member
I noticed that HO is deducting money from my account much faster than before, which I guess is good. When do you deposit checks? Do you do it the night of the show or the next morning? Do you just use the MAC machine?

Anne I'm glad you asked that. My director said it didnt matter to her bc she had extra $$ in her account. Well I dont b/c I'm still new so I try my best to cash the checks here at work and deposit the cash or I do it as soon as I can after the show. I also try my best to get any orders after the show to be on CC so that I dont have to worry about them not going thru in time.

I'll deposit all the checks once we've -closed- the show. I've had a couple of instances where a guest has changed an order so the check I had wasn't accurate anymore. I just had the guest write a new check or pay by credit card and ripped up the old check.

That said, I'll wait until the checks show up in my account balance before submitting the show. :)

If I have a show in town I deposit right after the show, if I have a show in a different town I deposit on my next trip to town. I am trying to conserve gas, I drive a big diesal truck, $75 to fill up is killing me right now. I always deposit right away in case they do bounce.

I usually first cash my checks then deposit the cash. The one time I didn't do that and a check bounced. :p I don't have shows taken out of my checking account; I charge it all to my Pampered Chef credit card and then I pay it all at once every month.

I used to wait until I closed the show, but I guess I will start doing it right away since they are taking the money faster. I was always afraid I would accidentally spend it if the hostess kept her show open too long. I get a little scatter brained sometimes. :rolleyes:

agw said:
That said, I'll wait until the checks show up in my account balance before submitting the show. :)

That's what I should do.

Maybe I'm too trustworthy! I usually send in the order, then that day I'll take the money to the bank. I've only had a check come back once, knock on wood! I just like to wait 'till I have all the money from outside orders & host money & just do one deposit, that way I know if it matches what PC will be taking out of my account.

I deposit the checks th efirst banking day after the show so they have time to clear before I submit the show - I refuse to sumbit a show until all the $$ is cleared.

dannyzmom said:
I deposit the checks th efirst banking day after the show so they have time to clear before I submit the show - I refuse to sumbit a show until all the $$ is cleared.

This is the same thing I do. The one time I was nice it bit me, I still haven't received payment for the womans Food Chopper.

Since I started PC, I've put the money in my account the day after I submit the show. I never split the deposits because I use a money-tracking program and it's easier to keep track of the show deposits and withdrawals that way. The money only comes out of my account the day the products hit the host's doorstep, always. That gives me about 10 days to make sure all checks clear.

I submitted a show on 5/29 and on 5/30 they had debited my account.

It specifically says that the money will not be taken out of your account in no less than four days I believe...It's in recipe for success. It always takes a least a week for mine to come out of my accounts.

If you are just depositing your checks, ask the teller to please make them available. Some banks hold checks for up to seven days.

The one thing I really like is that we can submit the shows on the PC credit card. This way when I submit the show I don't have to worry if all the checks clear or not, and by the time the cc bill comes if a check would happen to bounce I have time to work it out with the host and guest.

Plus I deposit all the checks in a seperate savings account and earn interest on the money (every peeny counts!) while I wait for the cc bill.

1. When should I deposit my checks?

The best time to deposit your checks is as soon as possible after receiving them. This ensures that the funds are available in your account and reduces the risk of losing or forgetting to deposit the check.

2. Is there a specific deadline for depositing checks?

Most banks have a cut-off time for deposits, usually around 2-3pm, which means that any checks deposited after that time will be processed the next business day. It is always best to check with your bank for their specific deposit deadlines.

3. Can I deposit checks on weekends or holidays?

Some banks have ATMs that allow for check deposits on weekends and holidays. However, the funds may not be available until the next business day. It is best to check with your bank for their specific policies regarding deposits on weekends and holidays.

4. What happens if I deposit a post-dated check?

If you deposit a post-dated check before the date written on the check, your bank may process it immediately. This can result in an overdraft if you do not have enough funds in your account. It is important to communicate with the check writer about the date they have written on the check to avoid any issues.

5. Is there a limit on the amount of checks I can deposit at one time?

Most banks have a limit on the amount of checks you can deposit in one transaction, usually around 10-20 checks. If you have more than that, it is recommended to make multiple deposits or contact your bank for alternative options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniepc
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefsteph07