• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When is the Best Time to Close Your Show for Maximum Sales?

In summary, Anne encourages hosts to collect orders before and after the show, and gives an incentive for doing so. Hosts who collect orders before the show usually have more success, whereas those who collect orders after the show usually have shorter shows.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I was wondering when everyone closes their shows? Do you encourage hosts to collect orders before or after the show? I am finding that I ususally don't get many orders after the show.

AJPratt said:
I was wondering when everyone closes their shows? Do you encourage hosts to collect orders before or after the show? I am finding that I ususally don't get many orders after the show.

I close my shows three days after the show. I encourage them to take orders before and after the show. Before is best, which what I tell them that way I can close sooner if I'm trying to meet a deadline. But no more then 3 days later is when I close the show.

:D

I usually close the show about 3-4 days afterwards. When I calculate the sales, I show the host how close she is to the next level - 9 times out of 10, if the host is about $50-$60 away from the next level, she'll come up with outside orders to get more free stuff, another half-price item etc.

Anne,

I usually close the show within three or four days. When I’m posting their show on my website, I check my calendar to see if the “show closing” day is going to be convenient for me. Since I don’t hold shows (usually) on Wednesday, Friday or the weekends, I usually plan to close their shows on those days. Of course, if I’m trying to earn some type of promotion/incentive, I may have to adjust the close date and give them less time. Like February. Love those double points!

I encourage my hosts to collect outside orders(at least 5) before the show from everyone that can’t attend, explaining that this will give them more time to follow-up with people who planned to be there but suddenly couldn’t make it. Then at her house after the show, we go over the guest list so she is reminded to contact those guests who were supposed to attend.

5 + 15 + 5 = success (and very likely, a $1000 show)

Oh, I give an incentive for collecting 5 orders before the show. A mini-serving spatula.

I try and close my show the night of. I encourage the host to get all of her outside orders before the show. I give an incentive for 5 orders before the show. I have just found it much easier this way than trying to catch up with the host after. I don't want the whole experience of PC to drag on for her or for me. Every now and then I have a host that has to get a few more orders and that is just fine, I give her a date to shoot for. I just think about the fact that I have called her several times before the show, she has taken orders , cleaned her house, invited people and sometimes cooked. I just don't think it should be a month long process for her. I just try to make it easy. So far it is working, just had $1400 show Friday night and closed that night.

I give my hostess 3-4 days I have left shows at 300 in sales and they end up closing at 600 in sales so it is worth it for me to wait 3-4 days

luvs2sellit said:
I don't want the whole experience of PC to drag on for her or for me. Every now and then I have a host that has to get a few more orders and that is just fine, I give her a date to shoot for. I just think about the fact that I have called her several times before the show, she has taken orders , cleaned her house, invited people and sometimes cooked. I just don't think it should be a month long process for her. I just try to make it easy. So far it is working, just had $1400 show Friday night and closed that night.

Congrats on the $1400 show! I asked the question because I was wondering if maybe I should shoot to close the night of. Because I don't want to play catch up with the host, or become a pain in the butt after the show. I haven't really had any shows where I got many orders after. Maybe its something I should encourage, with an incentive.

I always tell my host that we are shooting to close the night of. It usually pushes them along to get orders before hand. Also, when you close the night of, the guests usually get their products in about a week. That is always impressive to them. If the host hangs on to orders you are making all those guests wait too long in my opinion for their orders.

I close my shows the night of as well. I host coach in person and show them the wish list in the show planner. I tell them to make out their wish list ahead of time--and stress that it's really important that they do it. Tell them that you want them to do all the "work" before hand so that when you arrive to set up, all that's left for them is to relax and enjoy the time with their friends. Everybody has been really receptive when I phrase it that way! Before, I would see 1, maybe 2 small outside orders per show. Now most of my hosts have 5 or more outside orders, usually totalling around $400!!! I'm loving it!! Especially now that I can tell future hosts, "Most of my hosts collect x in outside orders" because the new hosts want to do at least as well as the others have done. It's also comfortable for me to say that, because I'm not saying, "I expect you to collect x" but I'm still able to give them a feel for what will be good for them and good for me.

I love this site! So many great ideas!

I think I'm going to start telling my hosts to collect beforehand. I do like the product turnaround!

Just saw that it was your birthday today AJPratt. Happy Birthday!!!! :D

I always give it a few days.

Case in point. I had a show last Friday. I left the house with $237. We closed at $600. THEN the host called me today saying she FORGOT one order (wouldn't have changed her rewards) so we're going to direct ship it.

I suppose if you host coach that you are going to close the night of, then you can do it.

I have also had two shows in the recent past drag on WAAAYYYYY too long, so I have to stop doing that. I have to be firm with these hostesses!

I like to wait a few days so incase someone who said they where going to come to the party doesn't make it the host can call them and see if they would still like to order.

I encourage the host to call anyone who didn't make it and see if they would like to order.

Another reason I like to wait a few days is because the host is usually very excited after the show especially when she sees what she is getting for free. When I show her what she "Could" be getting that is usually enough for the host to get a couple more orders to add to the show. Most of my shows reach at least the next level before closing.

luvs2sellit- Thank You!!!!

1. When do you typically close your shows?

At Pampered Chef, our consultants typically close their shows within two weeks after the show date. This allows enough time for guests to place their orders and for the consultant to submit the orders to our headquarters.

2. Can I still place an order after the show has closed?

Yes, you can still place an order after the show has closed. However, it will not count towards the host's rewards or incentives. It will be treated as a regular customer order.

3. What if I miss the deadline to place my order?

If you miss the deadline to place your order, you can contact the consultant directly to see if they can still add your order to the show. However, it is ultimately up to the consultant's discretion.

4. Can I host a show after the deadline to place orders has passed?

Yes, you can still host a show after the deadline to place orders has passed. However, the orders will not count towards the host's rewards or incentives. It will be treated as a regular customer order.

5. How long does it take for orders to be delivered after the show has closed?

Orders typically take 1-2 weeks to be delivered after the show has closed. However, this may vary depending on the location and shipping method chosen by the consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • julsradford
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
julsradford
  • irishjc820