• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Was the Boning Knife First Introduced?

In summary, the boning knife first appeared in the early 19th century and is believed to have originated in Germany. Its main purpose is for removing bones from meat, poultry, and fish. A boning knife is distinct from other knives due to its thin, flexible blade and shorter, narrower design. It can be made from materials such as stainless steel, high carbon steel, or ceramic, and may have a wooden or plastic handle for a comfortable grip.
ShellBeach
Hello, I hope someone can help!
My husband was slicing cheese with the boning knife and it snapped in half!
Yep...he shouldn't "cut the cheese" with it. However, a $50 boning knife should not snap in half when cutting cheese.

Anyway....I am trying to do an adjustment and cannot find this thing! It was probably in a sample package and listed under an "H" show. If I could at least narrow down the season it was introduced, I might be able to find it.

The new grater also cracked, and I did manage to track down that sample order.

I could be wrong but I am 99% sure that it was Sept 07.

Does Ann's products.zip file in the Files section give introduction dates?

Thanks, I will go back further! I was still looking around in 2008....

I just know that it was announced at one of the conferences that I went to, and I went in 2005 and 2007.

Yep, found it....2007
Thanks, all!Wow, they are on the ball at home office! Already got an email saying they need the rotary grater back, and the boning knife "can not be verified in our system as being purchased".I put them both on the same adjustment

1. When did the boning knife first debut?

The boning knife is believed to have debuted in the early 19th century.

2. Who invented the boning knife?

The exact inventor of the boning knife is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in Germany.

3. What is the purpose of a boning knife?

A boning knife is specifically designed for removing bones from meat, poultry, and fish.

4. How is a boning knife different from other types of knives?

A boning knife typically has a thin, flexible blade that allows for precise and delicate cuts, specifically for deboning meat. It is also typically shorter and narrower than other types of knives.

5. What are some common materials used to make boning knives?

Boning knives can be made from a variety of materials, including stainless steel, high carbon steel, and ceramic. Some may also have a wooden or plastic handle for a comfortable grip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • blestmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies