• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Show Average with Host Coaching: Real Results and Tips

In summary, the expert summarizer's first cooking show this year averaged $543.70 with a best show of $1,346.75. The expert summarizer's second cooking show this year averaged $454.
Sheila
Gold Member
I'm still doing Pampered Chef part time and several of my shows have been catalog shows. I have 23 Cooking Shows closed and 3 more still open. My first 17 cooking shows, I didn't do Host Coaching AT ALL! I finally did some online courses recently and man, has it made a difference. My first 17 Cooking Shows I'm showing a show average of $543.70. I just calculated the average for the last 6 shows (since I've been doing Host Coaching) and it is now $899.13 per show! That's a LOT better than it used to be. I also do the fully interactive shows. I don't cook at all, I let the guests do ALL the work & I just stand back & answer questions.

I know some of the seasoned consultants will probably blow me out of the water with their averages, but it's still a good example for the newer consultants to see that Host Coaching CAN make a difference! ;)

So check in & let's see how everyone is doing. If you don't like your numbers, maybe this will be a challenge for you to work harder. :D

For 8 cooking shows this year, my average is a piddly $454. :) My Catalog shows are too embarassing to even mention- but they weren't full fledged catalog shows...mainly 1 or 2 people with large orders put together to make a show...2 shows at $160.I know I need to work on host coaching, too! And seeing your improvement, gives some visual incentive as to the difference! That's almost a $100 difference per show in commission, right?!

Here's the breakdown:
  • $1,364.77 - 9 guests & she went CRAZY on outside orders! She got 12 of them! She's a bank teller, she put the catalog on her counter where the customers at the bank could see it anytime anyone mentioned the catalog she told them that she was hosting a party & asked if they wanted to look at it!!! LOL
  • $423.45 - she was VERY shy & just didn't draw the crowds or collect outside orders. She had maybe 6 people at her show.
  • $608.85 - around 9 guests
  • $786.50 - this was a combined PartyLite & PC show. It was HORRIBLE! I was told that the PL lady was going to do a quick 15 min demo to cover the specials (since all the guests were regular PL customers & already knew the product) and then it was going to be my turn to do the full cooking show. The PL lady had the floor for 2 hours & 8 minutes! She completely checked everyone out before she gave me my turn. :( The host took some outside orders & I gave her $110 in outside orders that I had taken from 2 customers to help her get this high. But I did get some bookings. ;)
  • $864.44 - around 20 guests but they were all lower salary enlisted (most were E3's) and were all placing small orders!
  • $1,346.75 - This one ALWAYS knows how to draw the crowds. My Director quit PC & moved - but told her to call me because she always does $1,000 shows. This was her first interactive show & it's my understanding that it was her best show yet. She LOVED the interactive show and said she'll never go back to the demo ... her guests are still talking about it 2 weeks later.

My 3 open shows which are obviously not "done" yet:
  • $381.55 - This one wanted to cancel the night before for low attendance & I talked her into having her show anyway. She had 5 in attendance. She's closing tonight & has a "few" outside orders ... so I don't know the total yet.
  • $674.82 - had a house full, but it was husband/wife teams.
  • $601.55 - 7 guests! (All higher ranking with better salaries. She's an officer, so she can't offer to let her subordinates at work order. She was restricted to friends. She said she's still trying to get online orders from family in the states too.

I totally believe in Host Coaching. Not everyone will listen, but the ones who do really make up the difference!!! :D I bought more of the training CD's off the supply order and plan to take the time (when hubby's home and I can go lock myself in a different room from the children) to really listen & learn! It can only get better, right? ;)

LOL, the 1st "similar thread" below by "angmillar" ... that's my ex-director who posted the SAME title as this thread in '07! LOL Great minds, think alike. ;)

I am horrid at host coaching - just as bad as I am with recruiting. My show avg I think is around 6 something in my first 90 days. I've listened to quite a few trainings but putting it into motion is the key. I'm a procrastinator and it's showing when it comes to host coaching. After seeing your numbers, perhaps I'll rethink my laziness. :) Thanks for the motivation and WAHOO, CONGRATS!

My show average after 85 shows is $700. Not to bad. Have had some good ones and some clunkers. LOL

My cooking show overall average is $448 with 11 shows. But my average last month was $725 so I'm hoping that becomes more of a trend going forward! My June avg was a measly $200, July was $399, and then August at $725 so as long as I'm moving up I am happy!

Okay, if you girls get motivated & start doing better you owe me! I want to see this in your CS signature:

I :love: Sheila!
She helped get me motivated to do a better job Host Coaching! :thumbup:
My average show sales have increased as a result. :D

LOL, okay just kidding. You can just send me a PM. ;)

WTG SHEILA! I think you are doing great! :love:

well so far my show average with 7 shows is $470.00 that just needs some improvement!!! that includes my shows from july & august when i started with PC.

Thanks Stefani!Oh and for anybody who lets the host talk you into canceling the show at the last minute for low attendance:
Sheila said:
My 3 open shows which are obviously not "done" yet:
  • $381.55 - This one wanted to cancel the night before for low attendance & I talked her into having her show anyway. She had 5 in attendance. She's closing tonight & has a "few" outside orders ... so I don't know the total yet.
  • $674.82 - had a house full, but it was husband/wife teams.
  • $601.55 - 7 guests! (All higher ranking with better salaries. She's an officer, so she can't offer to let her subordinates at work order. She was restricted to friends. She said she's still trying to get online orders from family in the states too.
I had to track down the host of the $381.55 show to get her closed before the deadline. The military sent her to Korea for a couple of weeks!!! :eek:The past host retrieved her folder from the host's husband & brought it to me. There were 2 orders in there with a name, the order, no address (we are prohibited from doing "ship to host" here) and no method of payment. Another form had the guest's name & address but ZERO items listed - and included a blank check that was just signed! No amount!!! :eek: We were able to track down the guests & host and get the needed info.When she said she had a few outside orders, she wasn't kidding. She closed with $822 in guest sales. The past host special didn't count for me, so it was $768.02 in Commissionable Sales, but she was super excited to hit $800!! She thanked me for talking her into going through with the show, as the night before she was really worried that she had so few RSVPs and wanted to cancel. :thumbup:***UPDATE***The $674.82 show is currently at $1,215.54! The host has picked her items, but I won't submit the order until after midnight on the 15th in the states so that the customer's all have their military paychecks in their bank accounts.The $601.55 show is currently at $854.99. The host has picked her items, but I won't submit the order until after midnight on the 15th in the states so that the customer's all have their military paychecks in their bank accounts. These 3 shows bump my Host Coaching averages from $899.13 to $914.81 (9 shows total). Way better than my previous average of $543.70!!!

Last edited:

What is a show average?

A show average is the average amount of sales generated from a Pampered Chef party or show. It is calculated by dividing the total sales by the number of shows.

How is the show average calculated?

The show average is calculated by dividing the total sales from a Pampered Chef party or show by the number of shows. For example, if a party has a total of $2,000 in sales and there were 10 shows, the show average would be $200.

Why is the show average important?

The show average is important because it gives an indication of the success of a Pampered Chef party or show. It can also help consultants set goals and track their progress.

What is a good show average?

A good show average can vary, but generally a show average of $500 or more is considered successful. However, this can also depend on factors such as the number of guests, type of show, and product mix.

How can I increase my show average?

There are several ways to increase your show average, such as offering incentives, promoting popular or new products, and providing excellent customer service. It's also important to have a variety of products and to engage guests during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies