• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Appetizer?

In summary, I'm having 8 family members over for dinner on Sunday for my daughter's birthday. I have NO idea what to serve for munchies. I served homemade egg rolls (which they were begging me to make LOL), large cooked shrimp and the Artichoke Bread Bowl dip for Christmas Day but don't know what to make now.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm having 8 family members over for dinner on Sunday for my daughter's birthday. I have NO idea what to server for munchies. I served homemade egg rolls (which they were begging me to make LOL), large cooked shrimp and the Artichoke Bread Bowl dip for Christmas Day but don't know what to make now. Nothing interests me. I need at least 2 ideas since there will be 12 of us in total.

Thanks for any and all help :)

I like homemade jalepeno poppers myself, slice and deseed the jalepenos insert cream cheese wrap in bacon and bake in onen at 450 until bacon is crispy!!!

I recently made the Pesto Cheese Pastries and Savory Pecan Crusted Blue Cheese Bites. Both were pretty yummy. The Blue Cheese bites were pretty rich ... I've been wanting to make the chili lime meatballs ... I'm doing an appetizer/wine party in Feb, so I'm starting to think of some that I want to make too.

Hot Wings Dip is my new favorite thing! Let me know if you need a recipe.

Oh, and I had the Tangy Bacon Bites or something like that from Stoneware Inspirations at a Christmas party. I had forgotten all about those -- yummy!

And, it reminded me of something I used to make. We would take those long, crispy "breadsticks" that are like crackers and wrap them in bacon. Put them on the bar pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until the bacon is done and everything looks caramelized. Haven't made them for years, but they were so good!

janezapchef said:
Hot Wings Dip is my new favorite thing! Let me know if you need a recipe.

I've never heard of this and would love to read the recipe. Thanks!

Here ya go...
Hot Wings Dip
2 8oz. cream cheese blocks
2 large cans chicken (I actually use about 3 breasts of chicken, cook in dcb and chop up fine)
1 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 c. ranch dressing
3/4 c. hot sauce (I also actually use the entire bottle because I use so much more chicken -- makes it yummier)

Place cream cheese in 9x13 pan and bake about 5 min. in 350 degree oven, just until soft enough to spread. Spread on bottom of pan. (If the cream cheese is already softened, I just spread it, don't heat it.) Mix hot sauce and chicken in saucepan and heat. Pour chicken mixture over cream cheese. Pour ranch over chicken mixture. Bake 20 min (or until bubbly); stir and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more, until cheese is melted. Serve with Fritos scoops, tortilla chips or celery (my personal favorite choice). Mmmmmmm, so yummy!

janezapchef said:
Here ya go...
Hot Wings Dip
2 8oz. cream cheese blocks
2 large cans chicken (I actually use about 3 breasts of chicken, cook in dcb and chop up fine)
1 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 c. ranch dressing
3/4 c. hot sauce (I also actually use the entire bottle because I use so much more chicken -- makes it yummier)

Place cream cheese in 9x13 pan and bake about 5 min. in 350 degree oven, just until soft enough to spread. Spread on bottom of pan. (If the cream cheese is already softened, I just spread it, don't heat it.) Mix hot sauce and chicken in saucepan and heat. Pour chicken mixture over cream cheese. Pour ranch over chicken mixture. Bake 20 min (or until bubbly); stir and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more, until cheese is melted. Serve with Fritos scoops, tortilla chips or celery (my personal favorite choice). Mmmmmmm, so yummy!

Substitute blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese salad dressing for the Colby Jack and ranch dressing. Now you're talking. :D

Sorry, not a blue cheese fan at all, but sub all you want! :)

The Pizza Dip is really good..as well as the Jalepeno Popper Pizzas.

the artichoke cheese squares in the SBRC is delicious and serves a lot of peoplethree layered dip is always good
cream cheese on bottom
hormel chili in middle
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese on top
microwave for 5 minutes or until it starts to bubble. serve with tostitos.and of course, don't forget veggies and dip. everyone is looking for something somewhat healthy this time of year.

Pizza or taco dip - hands down. Another family favorite we had, before the 3 PC brie recipes came out:

Company Baked Brie:

1 small wheel of brie cheese (Costco has one)
2 Tbspn curry powder
3/4 cup chopped cashews
1/2 jar Major Grey's Mango chutney (or any kind of chutney)

Roll the wheel in curry. Coat all sides, top, bottom. Place on baking stone, add chutney on top. Cover top with cashews, pressing them into the chutney. Heat in a slow oven 20 minutes. Serve with bagel crisps, or tortilla chips or crackers. SO yummy!

My absolute favorite appetizer is mini pesto pizzas from SB Fall/Winter 2007. I think they are great and I'm an extremely picky eater but love pizza, but didn't know I liked pesto till I tried these at my very first cluster meeting! They are also very easy to make, even if you make the pesto yourself or use premade pesto.

kcmckay said:
My absolute favorite appetizer is mini pesto pizzas from SB Fall/Winter 2007. I think they are great and I'm an extremely picky eater but love pizza, but didn't know I liked pesto till I tried these at my very first cluster meeting! They are also very easy to make, even if you make the pesto yourself or use premade pesto.

Me too! When I made these that season, they were a big hit. It's easy for kids to eat!

roasted potato bites!!!!

Could someone post the mini pesto pizza recipe? My husband has just gotten into pesto and I'd love to make these for him. Thanks!

Brie is great! I love the one with brown sugar, dijon mustard and almonds. SBRC FW 07 I think. Or was it 08. The one with the chocolate desserts.

tys1031 said:
Could someone post the mini pesto pizza recipe? My husband has just gotten into pesto and I'd love to make these for him. Thanks!
It is in the Spring/Summer 2008 Season's Best cookbook.
I found it on the CC Recipe section searching the Season's Best books.But for your convenience, here it is:The Pampered Chef ®
Mini Pesto Pizzas
Recipe
2 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup walnuts
1 pkg (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1/3 cup prepared basil pesto or Basil-Walnut Pesto
1 cup (4 oz) grated mozzarella cheese 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice tomatoes using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade; set aside. Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. Coarsely chop walnuts using Food Chopper. Combine walnuts and Parmesan cheese in Prep Bowl; mix well. 2. Place dough onto Cutting Board (do not unroll dough). Using a sawing motion, slice dough into 15 disks (about 1/2 in. thick) using Utility Knife. Place disks onto Large Bar Pan; lightly press to flatten and seal seams. 3. Spread 1 tsp pesto over each crust with back of Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon. Divide mozzarella cheese evenly among pizzas. Top each pizza with one tomato slice and Parmesan mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.Yield: 15 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber less than 1 g© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

1. What is your favorite appetizer?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried many delicious appetizers over the years. My all-time favorite is the Mini Caprese Bites. They are the perfect combination of fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil drizzled with balsamic glaze.

2. What ingredients do you use for your favorite appetizer?

The ingredients for the Mini Caprese Bites are simple and fresh. You will need mini mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, balsamic glaze, and toothpicks to assemble the bites.

3. Is your favorite appetizer easy to make?

Yes, the Mini Caprese Bites are incredibly easy to make. It only takes a few minutes to assemble the bites, and there is no cooking involved. It's a perfect appetizer to prepare when you're short on time.

4. Can your favorite appetizer be made in advance?

Yes, the Mini Caprese Bites can be made in advance. You can assemble them a few hours before serving and store them in the fridge. Just remember to drizzle the balsamic glaze right before serving to prevent the bites from getting soggy.

5. Can you recommend a substitute for the balsamic glaze in your favorite appetizer?

If you don't have balsamic glaze on hand, you can substitute it with a balsamic reduction or a mixture of balsamic vinegar and honey. You can also try using a different type of glaze or dressing, such as pesto or raspberry vinaigrette, for a different flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • PamperChefCarol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChltNCRenee
  • pamperedbybarbara