• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's up With the Ho Booking Leads?

In summary, the leads seem to be disappearing, but it's not clear why. The key to getting them to respond is to leave a message that is friendly and non-threatening, and to follow up with a quick email.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
My last 3 HO leads who checked "products and hosting" never responded to phone calls or e-mails. I contact them within 24 hours, usually w/in a few hours of getting the notification.

Anyone have any insight as to what is going through these people's heads? Anything different I can say in my voicemail and e-mail to get them to at least respond?

I'm excited that after the numerous HO leads for online ordering in Dec. (and weren't they wonderful!?), the leads are coming in for bookings, but it would be even better if they panned out.

Becca_in_MD said:
My last 3 HO leads who checked "products and hosting" never responded to phone calls or e-mails. I contact them within 24 hours, usually w/in a few hours of getting the notification.

Anyone have any insight as to what is going through these people's heads? Anything different I can say in my voicemail and e-mail to get them to at least respond?

I'm excited that after the numerous HO leads for online ordering in Dec. (and weren't they wonderful!?), the leads are coming in for bookings, but it would be even better if they panned out.

I've had 2 like that this month too, Becca - and I'm very good about contacting them usually within a couple hours!

I haven't had booking leads yet but I've had recruit leads that just don't do anything. They don't respond to calls, emails or newsletters. It's frustrating. I just wonder - What are you thinking? Is it just a test to see if we'll actually call or what?

I'm having that too- at least 3 booking leads have amounted to nothing. Last recruit lead signed, did GO then has disappeared.

My thought is maybe when they are requesting stuff like that online they don't realize that a local person will be contacting them. You know what I mean? They figure they will just get a call or email back from HO. I have had a few that haven't panned out but others who have done more than enough! I had one last summer that was over $2000 show and then the host finally signed. Another was a question about ordering a product who didn't end up ordering through me but had a small catalog show the next month.

Most of my HO booking leads either never return my call, or schedule a show date and then never return my host coaching calls and end up cancelling.

Atho I feel it's a numbers game as to who will actually call you back, BUT I feel the KEY to getting return calls lies w/in the phone message that is left. When you get a lead, for say booking a show what do you do? If you call and are faced w/ the answering machine -- what do you say?

I ALWAYS call first then follow up with a quick email. I do use the HO generated email helpers BUT I edit it. If they want to book a show I take out the whole shpeal about "now is a good time to join PC". That scares people into thinking you are going to hit them up w/ a recruiting shpeal right off the bat.

Welcome to my life! Dead ends are the reason I don't really miss them when I lose my lead status.

Liquid Sky said:
I ALWAYS call first then follow up with a quick email. I do use the HO generated email helpers BUT I edit it. If they want to book a show I take out the whole shpeal about "now is a good time to join PC". That scares people into thinking you are going to hit them up w/ a recruiting shpeal right off the bat.

Good point!:yuck:

Liquid Sky said:
Atho I feel it's a numbers game as to who will actually call you back, BUT I feel the KEY to getting return calls lies w/in the phone message that is left. When you get a lead, for say booking a show what do you do? If you call and are faced w/ the answering machine -- what do you say?

I do the same.

Here I thought it was me! lol:) I currently have one I have called twice and still no return call. I had one last month I called within hours and when I reached her she stated she already ordered!

The last one I got wanted to return a Christmas present from her mom in Iowa without the mom knowing. When I told her I would need some information she got short with me and hung up.

I have had the same problem. This month has a lead that wanted info on the business and hosting a show. I have called 3 times and emailed her. I have not heard a word. Very frustrating.

Becca_in_MD said:

I am a little frustrated lately too. I got one asking for product info and contacted them the same day only to get an email back that they realized they already have a consultant that is a friend of theirs. THen I got another one this past week for someone interested in the business. I emailed them to ask what a good time to call them would be. Never responded, so I decided to just call. THe number had been disconnected! WHy would you give a disconnected number if you did not want to be called? I emailed them again~no answer.

Oh well, I did get one recruit from HO lead so far and I have only been a team leader since Mar 1. THe only problem now is, she got in a car accident and I have not heard from her. SHe told me she had $1500 in orders when she signed up! I totally believe her. SHe even got a 1-800 number strictly for her PC business. HEr hubby emailed me that she got in an accident about a week after she signed up and she would call me when she felt better. HEr 30 days is almost up and I want to make sure she gets her bonus PC$, but I am getting no response. SHould I call HO to extend her dates? WIll they do that. I have no clue how serious the accident was, I have left messages just to let her know that I would help her put her orders in for her so she will not lose her benefits for her first 30 days. NOt sure what to do here. I do not want to seem insensitive to what happened, but at the same time, she invested $ into this business, I do not want her to miss out. ANy suggestions?

She's been sitting on orders for a month & none of her friends are looking for their stuff or their money back? She would definitely want to follow up with each of them to verify that they still want to make their purchase before she submits their orders (especially if she has their card #). I think offering to do the data entry is very nice. If she's hurt seriously, it could be a relief off her shoulders to get the paycheck and the bonus PC Dollars would be nice too! But you definitely don't want to make her feel pressured about getting her orders in the system. If she's having a hard time with recovering, PC might be the LAST thing she wants to think about right now. I think offering and then leaving the ball in their court is a good game plan. Helpful, but not too pushy. ;)

Thanks Sheila! I have left one email and one phone call and no return bck, so I really do not want to keep calling. SHe got the orders over Easter weekend and then signed up that week after Easter. I guess I will just wait to hear from her. I am sure like you said if she is seriously hurt, that PC is the last thing on her mind. Do you think HO would extend her 30 days? My director told me to offer to go to her house and put her orders in for her. I never even met this perosn, only over the phone. She was a HO lead and lives about 15 miles away. We had talked maybe 4 times before she signed up. I am just going to let it lie and wait to hear from her.

No clue if they would extend her time. But if they even considered it, she would probably have to be the one to make the request & it would have to be in writing. Can't hurt to ask, right? ;)

I have the same problem with a lot of HO leads, they either don't answer or give a bogus number, I don't understand why. I have had a couple great shows from HO leads and 2 recruits (one is just coasting and one just started). It's a numbers game.

Well shoot! It just happened!
I just got a lead for "purchasing new products" and she just wants a replacement collar for her chopper!!! :mad:

I only get HO leads about once every 6 weeks so I am extra ticked! :cry:

I didn't read through the entire thread, but my glances at some of the longer posts didn't seem to address this; does anyone know if the leads are generated directly and only through the HO website? If they're going through a lead generator, some people might think they're going to get something free if they go through enough steps, or they think they'll get information in the mail. Then, there are those who 'forgot' they filled out an online form.This is from past experience with a totally different DS company, and I'm thinking PC doesn't use lead generators, but don't know for sure.

sassypip said:
Oh well, I did get one recruit from HO lead so far and I have only been a team leader since Mar 1.

Ok...I'm wondering how this works and when I will get HO leads....? I signed in Feb....1250+ in March..1250+ in April...also promoted to TL April 1st.....
When did you start getting HO leads? (I know its after 3 months of 1250 and a recruit in that period...but when in the month does it start....say I get 1250 in May do I automatically start getting HO leads or does it wait until June 1st?)

So sorry to hijack your post!

Diane, if it were me, I would go to her house with some get well flowers. It certainly doesn't hurt to make a kind gesture, and you'd get to meet her face to face.

I had one in April who left me her name, an address and a phone number. I got the lead on a Friday, and when I called that afternoon, the phone number was the main number for a school district, where you could then hit 1 for the high school, 2 for the middle school and so on. Obviously, Friday afternoon they were closed! So I waited until Monday morning, meanwhile doing research with the address to discover the lady was at the elementary school. I called and was told she was in class, and that I could leave her a voice mail. So I did, then called back around 4 that afternoon - no answer. Called back earlier the next morning and was told that she was already in class. Left another voice mail.

I got an email from her on Wednesday (mind you, I got the lead on Friday, 4 days before) that said, "Hi Jessica, When I contacted the company, I stated that we needed to get someone soon for our fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. We held our fund raiser last evening, so, I appreciate you getting back to me......it's just too late. Thank you anyway."

:eek:

Um...you contacted me FOUR DAYS before your event and left me a number that made it nearly impossible to reach you, and then get snooty with me when I finally do get you???

The sad thing was, I COULD HAVE done the fundraiser, if only she had left me with valid contact information!!
:grumpy:

mountainmama74 said:
I had one in April who left me her name, an address and a phone number. I got the lead on a Friday, and when I called that afternoon, the phone number was the main number for a school district, where you could then hit 1 for the high school, 2 for the middle school and so on. Obviously, Friday afternoon they were closed! So I waited until Monday morning, meanwhile doing research with the address to discover the lady was at the elementary school. I called and was told she was in class, and that I could leave her a voice mail. So I did, then called back around 4 that afternoon - no answer. Called back earlier the next morning and was told that she was already in class. Left another voice mail.

I got an email from her on Wednesday (mind you, I got the lead on Friday, 4 days before) that said, "Hi Jessica, When I contacted the company, I stated that we needed to get someone soon for our fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. We held our fund raiser last evening, so, I appreciate you getting back to me......it's just too late. Thank you anyway."

:eek:

Um...you contacted me FOUR DAYS before your event and left me a number that made it nearly impossible to reach you, and then get snooty with me when I finally do get you???

The sad thing was, I COULD HAVE done the fundraiser, if only she had left me with valid contact information!!
:grumpy:

I believe she got your contact info when she submitted her request online. Since it was so time sensitive so she could have contacted you. She was probably going down a list of vendors and whoever she could reach at that moment was who she got to participate. Drop some info at the school so they know who you are for the next time.

mailgirl1978 said:
Ok...I'm wondering how this works and when I will get HO leads....? I signed in Feb....1250+ in March..1250+ in April...also promoted to TL April 1st.....
When did you start getting HO leads? (I know its after 3 months of 1250 and a recruit in that period...but when in the month does it start....say I get 1250 in May do I automatically start getting HO leads or does it wait until June 1st?)

So sorry to hijack your post!

Usually it's the 10th of the following month, after they resolve all end-of-month transactions, before they start the leads. They continue to the 10th of the following month if you lose lead eligibility. Make sure you're keeping your TL status w/ 2 active lines and $2500 team sales. You've got the required $750 personal sales. If I'm reading your info correctly, you will get HO leads starting June 10. As you can see in this thread, some people get them every few days, others get them every few weeks. You're in a pool with all other HO lead eligible people. It just depends on how many customers in your area request a consultant. It's also based on zip code and keeping your leads w/in 50 miles of you.

pampchefsarah said:
I didn't read through the entire thread, but my glances at some of the longer posts didn't seem to address this; does anyone know if the leads are generated directly and only through the HO website? If they're going through a lead generator, some people might think they're going to get something free if they go through enough steps, or they think they'll get information in the mail. Then, there are those who 'forgot' they filled out an online form.

This is from past experience with a totally different DS company, and I'm thinking PC doesn't use lead generators, but don't know for sure.

Hey Sarah! Leads are generated through the main HO website, no lead generators.

1. What is the Ho Booking Leads program?

The Ho Booking Leads program is a service offered by Pampered Chef where independent consultants can receive leads for potential party bookings from customers in their area. These leads are obtained through various marketing efforts and are provided to consultants to help grow their business.

2. How do I sign up for the Ho Booking Leads program?

To sign up for the Ho Booking Leads program, you must be a current Pampered Chef independent consultant. You can then enroll in the program through your consultant portal or by contacting the Pampered Chef support team for assistance.

3. Are there any fees associated with the Ho Booking Leads program?

Yes, there is a monthly fee for participating in the Ho Booking Leads program. This fee helps cover the costs of obtaining and providing the leads to consultants. The fee is subject to change, so it is important to check the current cost before enrolling.

4. How are the Ho Booking Leads distributed?

The Ho Booking Leads are distributed through a system called the Lead Management Tool (LMT). Consultants can access the LMT through their consultant portal and will receive notifications when new leads become available. Leads are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is important to regularly check the LMT for new leads.

5. Is there a limit to the number of leads I can receive through the Ho Booking Leads program?

Yes, there is a limit of 20 leads per month for the Ho Booking Leads program. This ensures that all consultants have a fair opportunity to receive leads. However, if you are consistently booking parties from your leads, you may be eligible to receive additional leads. Contact the Pampered Chef support team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CoidgigBese
  • mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Becca_in_MD