• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing December Bookings: Tips and Strategies for Direct Sales Success

In summary, the expert suggests that the consultant should offer a cookie exchange show, express shows, or a catalog show in order to get more bookings for December.
KHocutt
I'm in my SS3 and have had the best month yet, already at $3000 for this month and still have 2 more shows, but I can not for the life of me get bookings for December. Granted, I have 4, but to get the incentives I know I'll need more. I have really talked up theme shows for Dec., I have used a "14 Days of Christmas" calendar with bonus products on each open date as an incentive...I have given out wish lists at the show for people to give to their spouse or friends...I need a few more shows..I really want those spring products.
Is there anything that you all are doing that is helping you book for Dec.? I keep hearing "oh it's such a busy time and I know people wont come", "people have too much going on", "no maybe in a few months"....
HELP ME! :confused:

same problem!although I am newer (have had only 2 shows so far) but no one wanted to book at either show. 5 said maybe after the holidays at my first and 1 said maybe later at the 2nd. I am feeling frustrated already! I talk up our hostess program as much as I can at each show but still nothing. I have been lucky so far with my friends and family booking through my first 3 months but I know I will need to break away from that chain soon to expand my business! I hope I get at least 1 or 2 at my next two shows for the month! Or else I will feel like I am failing!

good luck with yours! :(

Let them know that December is prefect to have a party because your house is decorated. You can have a cookie swap, have the guest come with a dozen cookies and you can show them how to make holiday cookies with the cookie press. Hang in there!

Colleen :)

Give them ideas to keep it simple and festive--not a regular kitchen show demo. Do a cookie exchange show where you make cookies with the cookie press, or a easy entertaining show where you make some appetizers in advance and then just share ideas and recipes. Or a gift ideas show where you show them easy gifts, pairing stuff together into gift boxes, etc.

I have also offered at all my Nov shows that if anyone books between Thanksgivng and Dec 14 I will mail their invites for them and provide all the food (something I don't usually do). Makes things a little bit easier for the host.

Offer Express shows as an alternative to standard kitchen shows. I've done this for the past few weeks, and two of my hosts booked with Express shows in mind, only to change to standard kitchen shows a few days later (when I sent their packet out and did my 1st call). Also, you can always do catalog shows.. just play up the benefits A LOT. Catalog show benefits are exactly the same, except for the $15 hospitality difference. I just had 3 catalog shows in a row that were over $500 each, and it was because I took the time to make the hosts believe that they could tons of benefits by having a catalog show. I know a lot of consultants (and I'm not pointing anyone out, but I just see this a lot in my reading) almost look down upon catalog shows, but for some, it is the perfect choice. And with the holidays coming up (Thanksgiving and Christmas only a month apart!), everyone is meeting up with everyone.. people they haven't seen in a long time, people they see all the time, family, friends, etc. People might not have time to clean their house and invite people over for a night, but they can look at our catalog while waiting in line at the store, or waiting to get their hair done at the salon.

And.. even if you don't break your sales record in December, by having catalog shows (or "10 for A GRAND" shows) or even just having people pass around catalogs to get some sales [that you can always turn into parties yourself]... you're getting your name out there and some potential bookings for the new year.

I agree, catalog shows are a GREAT way to boost your business this time of year. I've also had two kitchen shows not come through because of lack of interest by the guests to get out and take up an evening, so I encouraged those hosts to turn it into a catalog show. Then I have her book off her own catalog show for next year. It gives her the benefits NOW from the catalog show, I get the sales and she gets an extra booking benefit when it comes time for her show next year. Right now I have TEN catalog shows going on. Because I've really highlighted those, I really think that is what's going to earn me the Level 2 incentive trip. If I hadn't pushed those, I wouldn't have the sales that will get me there.

As long as I promote to Director on December 1st (therefore getting me the decreased # of incentive points needed), which I'm almost 100% sure will happen, I'll be going on the cruise! Yay! :D

for those dates between dec 14th and christmas, there is a gift show you can do...got this from cluster.

Make it and Take it show:

Let's say you book the show on the 16th, but the guests are going to want presents. Have the host get started now on invites, set a deadline of like Nov. 30th and each guest will have to purchase the # of small batter bowls that they will want to make/give away as presents. You order all the bowls on December 1st...that is the first show order you get to put in. This garauntees that all of those guests will attend b/c they will want the product. Then, at the show, have the ingredients for the batter bowl gifts out on one table and show how to make them. Let each guest make their own. Then, while they are doing that, you can do a VERY SIMPLE RECIPE to showcase products so they can order for themselves. or you can already have something simple made up and do the potato/cucumber demo. The sales from this show become show #2. This is really great for the hostess b/c she can participate in 2 hostess specials, with you entereing the first part of it on Dec. 1st, she can choose one of nov specials, then have her get the booking benefit so that at her show, she can purchase both of dec. specials and continue with the booking benefit. Plus she will get double the free, half-priced, and discounted items. I think it is a great idea, but it's completely up to you. Plus you will have 2 december shows out of it for the incentives.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do fine! I hope this helps!

More December IdeasMy director, Jackie, offers a Christmas Card Exchange show. With postage being so much, the host invites her Christmas card list, the guests invite their Christmas card list (if they want), and the cards are exchanged as a part of the show. Apparently, it's a show that has been growing in popularity.

Another thing she does is offer a cookie show, where she goes over making all kinds of cookies, including using the cookie press. Each guest makes their own cookies to take home (or eat there!).

Hope these ideas help.

Last edited:
I really like this idea!
Laurenncraigory said:
for those dates between dec 14th and christmas, there is a gift show you can do...got this from cluster.

Make it and Take it show:

Let's say you book the show on the 16th, but the guests are going to want presents. Have the host get started now on invites, set a deadline of like Nov. 30th and each guest will have to purchase the # of small batter bowls that they will want to make/give away as presents. You order all the bowls on December 1st...that is the first show order you get to put in. This garauntees that all of those guests will attend b/c they will want the product. Then, at the show, have the ingredients for the batter bowl gifts out on one table and show how to make them. Let each guest make their own. Then, while they are doing that, you can do a VERY SIMPLE RECIPE to showcase products so they can order for themselves. or you can already have something simple made up and do the potato/cucumber demo. The sales from this show become show #2. This is really great for the hostess b/c she can participate in 2 hostess specials, with you entereing the first part of it on Dec. 1st, she can choose one of nov specials, then have her get the booking benefit so that at her show, she can purchase both of dec. specials and continue with the booking benefit. Plus she will get double the free, half-priced, and discounted items. I think it is a great idea, but it's completely up to you. Plus you will have 2 december shows out of it for the incentives.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do fine! I hope this helps!

I really like this idea....but how would I go about implementing this? I have an Angel In Disguise Party (It is like a secret pal for our UMW ladies at church) Dec. 13th, and there are about 20-25 ladies involved. I would love to do this for 3 reason: I would profit from the sales, it is a gift that I have already made up this year and gave it at a bridal shower Sunday and was and inexpensive gift, and even though I have been doing this for about a year it would show the ladies that have not seen or been to one of my shows some of what can be done with some of the products and maybe pump up my sales for Dec a little more. How would I approach them about this idea, and would I charge them a flat $10 or plus tax or even a little more for the ingredients and bow to go with it or what. Who would the host be? Now that I have this idea brewing I don't know what do to with it????

Angela Roark 431269
Ind. Future Director
Corning, AR

Great Idea!Lauren what a great idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I have a goal I want to meet for December (as I'm sure we all do considering the incentive!) and that will definitely help if all goes as planned. I know one of my scheduled hosts would LOVE to do this! Thanks again for sharing!! :D :D

Once I have reached my goal for the month of November (and it's late enough in the month) I suggest to my hosts that we hold their show open until after Thanksgiving - they almost always beat me to that by the way. It gives them more people to see and hopefully add orders to the show. Closing the show on the 28th or 29th gives them 2 days to get the final payment to me and then I can submit them on December 1. They get the awesome November specials and I get credit toward the incentive in December.

As far as bookings in December goes, I remind potential hosts that their "guests have to shop for Christmas anyway and PC products make great gifts so why not help your friends out and get the host beneifts at the same time". I also offer cookie shows, garnishing ideas shows, entertaining ideas shows, kids in the kitchen shows. I will have gift cards available after the deadline so they can have something to give if the product isn't here.

On the same trackI am on the same track with you Beth.

I have two shows open right know and they will be closing onthe 29th and the 30th. I will submit on Dec. 1st. I have a catalog show that i got from a craft fair that will close on dec 6, and hopefully some others will come through. I have no other KS scheduled for Dec - bummer.

But already 4 in January.

With your ideas - where do you get the gift cards or what do you use ????

KHocutt said:
I'm in my SS3 and have had the best month yet, already at $3000 for this month and still have 2 more shows, but I can not for the life of me get bookings for December. Granted, I have 4, but to get the incentives I know I'll need more. I have really talked up theme shows for Dec., I have used a "14 Days of Christmas" calendar with bonus products on each open date as an incentive...I have given out wish lists at the show for people to give to their spouse or friends...I need a few more shows..I really want those spring products.
Is there anything that you all are doing that is helping you book for Dec.? I keep hearing "oh it's such a busy time and I know people wont come", "people have too much going on", "no maybe in a few months"....
HELP ME! :confused:

I plan to try wait my latest November shows till Dec 1st if at all possible (as long as no one is in a hurry)... I also have ASKED my friends to see if they'd hold catalog shows for me to end in December and explained about the promotion. I'm also going to try to hold two "kids cooking classes" during December if I can. Good luck!

Mom4kanda said:
where do you get the gift cards or what do you use ????
I usually just make a card from card stock and the person giving the gift can fill in the information. It says:
"My gift to you: a Pampered Chef __________ (chopper or whatever they bought).

From _________________ "

They can add that they really thought the person would love it but ordered it after the holiday delivery deadline.

I just got some great gift cards from The Booster that look more professional to use this year. It has a picture of a gift box and says "A gift for you". You could print off what ever you want on the back before separating them or just write in what the gift was.

You can get these and other great stickers and business materials at www.thebooster.com

Beth Brigham said:
I usually just make a card from card stock and the person giving the gift can fill in the information. It says:
"My gift to you: a Pampered Chef __________ (chopper or whatever they bought).

From _________________ "

They can add that they really thought the person would love it but ordered it after the holiday delivery deadline.

I just got some great gift cards from The Booster that look more professional to use this year. It has a picture of a gift box and says "A gift for you". You could print off what ever you want on the back before separating them or just write in what the gift was.

You can get these and other great stickers and business materials at www.thebooster.com

Beth what are the cards called specifically? I want to see. :)

Beth I just signed up for idea of the week and wrote you in as referral. Thanks.

I don't think I will get any December incentives either. The only 2 kitchen shows I had for December both called over the weekend and cancelled. The one catalog show I was going to add Dec 1 says she isn't sure if her show will qualify and the only thing I have in the works is a fair on the 3rd. I really wanted to earn those spring products. I am hoping Jan will be better for me.

I have been doing PC for 4 years and I have never been able to get anyone to book for Dec. In my area, PC just doesn't go over that well. And few people want to give kitchen products for Christmas gifts. I manage to stay active and some months I do great...Oct and Nov. were pretty good for me...over 900 in October and 722 in November. I received 2 January bookings and 1 February booking from my Oct. and Nov. shows. I wish PC would make the Spring product incentive in January. Oh well, can't have it all. I don't have a lot of time in December either, so not getting bookings doesn't bother me as long as I have January and Feb. bookings. A lot of consultants do great in December. Just keep plugging along and you will get what you want/need.

What is "What's Up With December?"

"What's Up With December?" is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef during the month of December. It includes exclusive deals and offers on popular products, as well as the opportunity to earn free products through hosting a party or making a purchase.

How can I participate in "What's Up With December?"

To participate in "What's Up With December?", you can either host a party with a Pampered Chef consultant or make a purchase through their website. Both options will give you access to the exclusive deals and offers available during the promotion.

What types of products are included in "What's Up With December?"

The promotion includes a variety of products from Pampered Chef's catalog, including kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware. It also features limited edition products that are only available during the month of December.

Can I combine "What's Up With December?" with other promotions or discounts?

No, "What's Up With December?" cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. However, the special offers and deals available during the promotion are already discounted, so you can still save money on your purchase.

When does "What's Up With December?" end?

The promotion ends on December 31st at 11:59 PM ET. After this date, the exclusive deals and offers will no longer be available and the limited edition products will no longer be for sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • jrb0328
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Cr8vKitchen
  • winklermom