• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the One Key to Boosting Your Business Post-Conference

In summary, the one thing that Andrea learned from attending her first conference was that she needed to experience it to get the full picture. She took a lot of notes and learned about food, fruit and vegetable picking, and how to clean a grill. She also learned that conference is not about getting a magic fix, but taking notes and implementing things one step at a time.
TinasKitchen
you learned to do for your business after leaving conference?

I keep hearing how it will boost your business just by attending. So I just want to know the one thing you took away from it that you still use in your business that helped you to boost it up.

Thanks!

Well, some of the things I learned at conference I had heard before through training or cluster meetings. However, seeing how it worked for people and being able to pick their brains about it helped me to see how I could do it with my business.

Part of going to conference was validation that I was doing something right. And to see what I could strive for.

Honestly, I can't point to ONE thing. I took it all in and put to practice what spoke to me the most. My demos and business are a constantly evolving thing.

I don't know if I've helped or made any sense, but them there's my 2 cents.

To ask...that's what I learned last year. It seemed that there was a lot of hub-ub about recruiting and hearing about all of these successful consultants that would never have even thought about it if their recruiter didn't ask "have you thought about doing what I do?". There were so many things that were eye openers that I to can't name more than one thing. I think what you have asked is similar to asking "what is love?", love is so many things and so is conference.

Andrea put it really well. Conference is something you definately have to experience to get the whole big picture. I missed it my first 2 years, and heard members of my cluster come back so excited. Last year was my first, & like they always said, I can't imagine missing one now! It's just so awesome to see the big picture; what anyone can achieve with PC. And to meet tons of people that love what you love, and share ideas, it's just hard to describe! The one quote I still remember the most is 'make your business work for you, instead of you working for your business.'

I took the workshop "Want a show with WOW"... and they said not to just tell guests about our products, and how to use them , clean them etc... But to TEACH them something, have them leaving the show saying WOW I didn't know that... learn about food... buy a book at the book store that has food tips and facts.
Telling guests that if they peel a banana upside down (from the bottom-up) that those darn strings will stick to the peel and not the banana... and seeing their face light up, and their jaws drop... makes me feel great!
Telling them that those charred black burnt bits from grilling has cancer causing chemicals...so they need our grill cleaning brush and pocket thermometer...
They learn something.
Teach them how to pick out fruits, and vegetables, how to store them... etc

That is the biggest thing that I learned last year (my first conference)...

And DON'T Expect some MAGIC thing to happen...
Take notes!! AND IMPLEMENT three things at a time until they become second nature for you! The MAGIC is when you go home, soak it in, and DO it!

I second that chefnic! If I don't teach things at my shows, I feel like I let them down. People love to learn 'quick tips'. Sometimes I play a little game at my shows. I typed up some quick tips on cardstock paper, cut them up index size, and put them in a gift bag. At the start of the show I'll pass the bag around & ask each guest to take one. THen as I'm doing my demo I"ll randomly ask people to share their tip. The banana tip has been one that people are amazed by!

What book do you recommend to find the quick tips you use during your show? I love the idea of the tip cards in a bag. What a great way to get the guests involved, without any effort on their part!

Nancy,Have you had a chance to order and listen to some of the CDs or watch the DVDs? They are cheap and awesome! The nice thing is you can watch/listen to them over and over and get new ideas every time!

Yes, I have listened to the CDs. I drove to my parents home a couple of weeks ago and I had 6 hours to listen to them. I got some great tips from there as well. I need to listen to them again to refresh my memory, tho. I watched the DVDs when I first got my kit, but it has been several weeks since I watched them. I have a show next Friday and I plan to watch the DVD sometime this weekend to get re-fresher points.

Thanks for reminding me about them, I need to put the CDs in my car again so I have them handy.

There are other DVDs you can order on the supply order as well as other CDs. I can't get enough of them!!! What I love is the ones that are from past conferences. It gets me jazzed to go when I listen to them!

Ohhhh - good idea. I saw the 2005 conference CD on the supply list I was looking at last night. I need to order that and see how great conference is. I am making a goal to attend next year - it just isn't the right time for me this year.

I find that...after every conference, whether it is National or Leadership...I GET SO EXCITED my business booms!!:D :D :D It helps me to find the excitement that might sometimes be lacking. In January...I am usually burnt out from Christmas and in July...I am usually bummed out from having a slower summer than I would like!! The timing of these conferences is amazing!!

My recruiting and sales always improve after conference!! I guess you could say I get an attitude adjustment!!!:p

AlowayFamily said:
What book do you recommend to find the quick tips you use during your show? I love the idea of the tip cards in a bag. What a great way to get the guests involved, without any effort on their part!

I actually got an email from one gal that did a workshop with TONS of quick tips. I've heard about the book 'food lover's tiptionary' or something like that. I want to get it; but can never remember when I'm in a book store!
It is a fun way to get guests involved.... also helps if there's a dull moment & you are thinking of something to say. You can say, hey Suzie would you like to share your tip? People definately like to leave with some knowledge!

Thanks Lacychef!! I will look online for the book and see if I can order it that way. I'll let you know what I find.

I found the book on Amazon.com. It called The New Food Lovers Tiptionary. It's on sale for $11.53. I have to order some books for my son, so I think I will add this to the order.

Thanks for the tip ;)

From reading the reviews, it is extremely tempting. I think I will follow suit and buy one too!!! Thanks for sharing the info!!:)

AlowayFamily said:
I found the book on Amazon.com. It called The New Food Lovers Tiptionary. It's on sale for $11.53. I have to order some books for my son, so I think I will add this to the order.

Thanks for the tip ;)

Thanks Nancy, I've never ordered from there--might have to;)

I ordered the book last night, and it will be here in about 1 week. I'll let you know what I think when I get it. The reviews did look great, so I am looking forward to being very happy with the book!

Love it!!The tips in the book you ordered are amazing. You can find something about everything!!:D

I am SOOOO glad I ordered it. Everyone seems to love it. I need all the help I can get. I am one of those PC consultants who love our products but cannot cook at all!!!

I can't wait to get it!

1. How can I boost my business after attending a conference?

Attending a conference is a great opportunity to network and gain new insights for your business. To boost your business post-conference, it's important to follow up with any potential leads or connections you made during the event. You can also implement new strategies or ideas that you learned at the conference into your business plan.

2. What is the one key to boosting my business after a conference?

The one key to boosting your business after a conference is to take action. This means actively following up with contacts, implementing new ideas or strategies, and staying motivated and focused on your goals.

3. How soon should I follow up with contacts after a conference?

It's best to follow up with contacts within a week after the conference. This shows that you are proactive and interested in building a relationship with them. If you wait too long, they may forget about you or lose interest.

4. Can I apply the learnings from a conference to any type of business?

Yes, the key to boosting your business after a conference can be applied to any type of business. Conferences provide valuable insights and strategies that can be applied to various industries and business models.

5. Is it necessary to attend a conference to boost my business?

No, attending a conference is not necessary to boost your business. However, it can be a valuable opportunity to gain new insights and connections that can help take your business to the next level. If you are unable to attend a conference, you can still implement the key strategies and ideas by doing research and networking online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchris
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies